Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Or it will be like Nsw, look down in 2 mths time when.... going for 0 covoid.

Honestly i dont know why town in regional areas cant get kids back to school. Mental issues hearing getting really worse. Govt needs to wake up to the trauma its causing especially in towns of no covoid. Certain places(edit) need to get back to it.

It seriously needs to address it with an active plan rather than just "mention" it.

Heard even a mother hesterical as her son is on sucide watch now in an area that hasnt had covoid for.... 18 mths! Not allowed to get back to school
The concern is Shepparton had no cases a couple of weeks ago. A few days late there was about 100 and half the town was in isolation.
Wilcannia in NSW had no cases, a week later 10% of the population has tested positive, and they don't have enough people in the community to deliver food etc.

I hope restrictions can be lifted in regional Vic, but if they get it wrong people will suffer.

The concern is Shepparton had no cases a couple of weeks ago. A few days late there was about 100 and half the town was in isolation.
Wilcannia in NSW had no cases, a week later 10% of the population has tested positive, and they don't have enough people in the community to deliver food etc.

I hope restrictions can be lifted in regional Vic, but if they get it wrong people will suffer.
If teachers are vaxed, kids dropped off in specfic areas. Parents dont get out. Could be a way. Massive balancing act.

Maybe weekly testing. Work a covoid safe plan. Masks at all times

Suffering already happening. Truly worried for long term issues. I would definitely try to co ordinate the kids to get back to school in the regional areas with the safest measures possible except where outbreaks are.

I think majority know getting that vax no up is the pathway out. Good to hear Feds organised some more pfzr from Singapore.

Reactions: 1 users
If teachers are vaxed, kids dropped off in specfic areas. Parents dont get out. Could be a way. Massive balancing act.

Maybe weekly testing. Work a covoid safe plan. Masks at all times

Suffering already happening. Truly worried for long term issues. I would definitely try to co ordinate the kids to get back to school in the regional areas with the safest measures possible except where outbreaks are.

I think majority know getting that vax no up is the pathway out. Good to hear Feds organised some more pfzr from Singapore.
If teachers are vaxxed?

We were last in the queue.

And usually the regional teachers are younger than the inner city ones, which means I can guarantee most aren't vaccinated. I was never eligible for anything, still got astrazeneca the second I was allowed to, and I won't be fully vaccinated till mid October.

Good luck with trying to open schools safely until November.

Reactions: 4 users
Kids dropped off at schools in specific areas and social distancing? :rotfl2:rotfl1

Yeah right, is that a pig I see flying by?

This is precisely the problem, and it is the reason kids' playgrounds were closed. I sympathise with your view that we should open up schools, and if all the teachers can get access to vaccines that would be great. But, the problem is not the kids and the teachers, it is the parents who would meet around the school grounds or chat together, sans masks, around the corner (probably behind the shelter sheds with a fag in hand) and the like. Masks off, empty coffee cup in hand, all sharing the virus generously. Or, they just happen to appear at the take away coffee shop around the corner at the same time, what a coincidence, and they can't wear masks while drinking their coffee.

Trouble is we know this won't work because we've seen how people just ignore the warnings and spread the virus.

DS

If teachers are vaxxed?

We were last in the queue.

And usually the regional teachers are younger than the inner city ones, which means I can guarantee most aren't vaccinated. I was never eligible for anything, still got astrazeneca the second I was allowed to, and I won't be fully vaccinated till mid October.

Good luck with trying to open schools safely until November.
thanks for the info.
There goes that idea if what u state is true. Just an idea.
Shake my head in disbelief that if that is the case. Apart from Covoid "0" this govy have no plan for schools and no thoughts on how to deal with the impact to the kids.
yeah, they mention it, or some sort of acknowledgement, but that thats it. no true planing. Pathetic imo. Regional areas compared to Melb Metro should be able to get them back to school quicker.

thanks for the info.
There goes that idea if what u state is true. Just an idea.
Shake my head in disbelief that if that is the case. Apart from Covoid "0" this govy have no plan for schools and no thoughts on how to deal with the impact to the kids.
yeah, they mention it, or some sort of acknowledgement, but that thats it. no true planing. Pathetic imo. Regional areas compared to Melb Metro should be able to get them back to school quicker.
You could get them going to school earlier as you have mentioned in regional areas. You make it 6 reasons to leave home during the week. Back to 5 on the weekend. We must trial what can work so that we can learn. Also a lot of regional areas have higher vaccination rates so there might be a way to act earlier.

Reactions: 1 user
Kids dropped off at schools in specific areas and social distancing? :rotfl2:rotfl1

This is precisely the problem, and it is the reason kids' playgrounds were closed. I sympathise with your view that we should open up schools, and if all the teachers can get access to vaccines that would be great. But, the problem is not the kids and the teachers, it is the parents who would meet around the school grounds or chat together, sans masks, around the corner (probably behind the shelter sheds with a fag in hand) and the like. Masks off, empty coffee cup in hand, all sharing the virus generously. Or, they just happen to appear at the take away coffee shop around the corner at the same time, what a coincidence, and they can't wear masks while drinking their coffee.

Trouble is we know this won't work because we've seen how people just ignore the warnings and spread the virus.

DS
What would be your thoughts? Covid "o"?? How to reopen regional schools especially in areas with zero cases.
Love to here it, no BS. How would you tackle it?

Was there any definititive proof in the end transmission occured on any playground? They "assumed' "most probably".

Two ladies have died of Covid in their homes. One in her 60’s and one in her 40’s.

There has been a few cases now of people dying at home now cases in NSW.

Wondering if their needs to be more welfare checks as they were never given a chance to be put into ICU.

Two ladies have died of Covid in their homes. One in her 60’s and one in her 40’s.

Wondering if their needs to be more welfare checks as they were never given a chance to be put into ICU.

I wonder if they'd tested positive for covid?

DS
Disagree. The problem is the kids and teachers.

That age group are the main spreaders of delta.

And a school community reaches all nooks and crannies of the general community.

It's why our two biggest outbreaks across both major waves of this pandemic exploded from a school.

500k pfizer doses from Singapore. That's good but Slomo really is having to beg now due to ineptitude. What was the 'swap'? Anyone know?
Beg , haha , then ask on deal? Haha no preconceived thghts ahh..

Fyi, we get 500k, then we give it back at end of Dec

Some interesting numbers here. We have had an excellent week for getting people fully vaccinated. Hopefully we can lead the numbers next week. We should be a good chance to as we seem to be the most prepared to have AZ. And apparently Pfizer will given fairly now.

Tragic but so many questions...
Did they not get tested soon enough? Language barrier to Covid information? Did they refuse to get tested for some reason? Were they known to be positive and with symptoms but they got worse very quickly before they could call for help? Perhaps their breathing was so badly affected they could not speak on the phone? Could they have sent an sms for help to someone?

Yes beg because our situation is dire right now.

It wasn't really begging. Singapore couldn't administer those doses so they would have expired and been thrown away. I'd hazard a guess that it was Singapore that offered them and we accepted. It makes sense for both sides.

Disagree. The problem is the kids and teachers.

That age group are the main spreaders of delta.

And a school community reaches all nooks and crannies of the general community.

It's why our two biggest outbreaks across both major waves of this pandemic exploded from a school.

Yeah, fair point, but we could, if we have the supplies and the will, vaccinate the teachers. I still reckon the kids are better behaved than the parents (I've been a teacher, on this score I know I'm right!).

How do we re-open schools, how do we re-open at all? I think it is a balance between vaccinations and case numbers. We need to get the case numbers down so the contact tracers have a decent chance of actually tracing contacts, but this can be balanced against vaccination rates - the higher the vaccination rate the higher the number of cases we should be able to handle because less will get sick and hospitals will be less overloaded. But we need to get to very high vaccination rates, I would say over 80% of the total population. I see no reason we can't get to these rates given we have 97% vaccinated for MMR.

DS