Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Wonder what's the acceptable or maximum death and hospitalisation numbers for Berejiklian and the Murdoch media ? Suspect there isn't one. In Victoria however.....
none of the "live with Covid" brigade are willing to state what numbers are acceptable, they never have.
Frydenburg was going on about needing to have conversations about them, and opening up, but neither he, nor his colleagues will lead that conversation, as they dont want to be linked to the deaths.

Reactions: 1 users
On vaccination comparison between VIC and NSW as of 28/08/2021.

So VIC has 81.50% of the population of NSW?

As of 28/08:
NSW had vaccinated 6,649,3999
VIC had vaccinated 4,852,288

If vaccines were allocated pro-rata to population and we were tracking at the same rate as NSW the VIC figure would be 5,420,191 which is a difference of 567,000 from where we are currently tracking.

Now take into the extra 400,000 extra doses NSW received from the Polish supply VIC are still lagging but only by about 170,000 jabs.

NSW doing substantially more through Federal Gov't run GP's and Pharmacists than VIC.

On vaccination comparison between VIC and NSW as of 28/08/2021.

So VIC has 81.50% of the population of NSW?

As of 28/08:
NSW had vaccinated 6,649,3999
VIC had vaccinated 4,852,288

If vaccines were allocated pro-rata to population and we were tracking at the same rate as NSW the VIC figure would be 5,420,191 which is a difference of 567,000 from where we are currently tracking.

Now take into the extra 400,000 extra doses NSW received from the Polish supply VIC are still lagging but only by about 170,000 jabs.

NSW doing substantially more through Federal Gov't run GP's and Pharmacists than VIC.

VIC has done more than double the AZ doses that any other state. also, state run vaccinations sites in VIC are delivering more vaccines than the other states. So they are doing a lot to make up for the shortfall of Pfizer. NSW at 35.8% fully vaccinated. VIC at 33.9% (same as the national average). We are running 12 days behind NSW in reaching 80%. We seem to be doing comparatively well here.

Reactions: 4 users
VIC has done more than double the AZ doses that any other state. also, state run vaccinations sites in VIC are delivering more vaccines than the other states. So they are doing a lot to make up for the shortfall of Pfizer. NSW at 35.8% fully vaccinated. VIC at 33.9% (same as the national average). We are running 12 days behind NSW in reaching 80%. We seem to be doing comparatively well here.

Which means that the vaccination which is in short supply still, Pfizer, is being allocated to NSW in even larger proportions than the raw figures tell you.

It is the Feds fault that vaccinations are in short supply, and they are also trying to rescue the arses of their favourite state govt by giving them more vaccines. The rest of Australia ought to be very p1ssed off.

The NSW situation will not be saved by vaccinations, they need to get the numbers down.

DS

Reactions: 4 users
I would think that distribution of vaccines simply pro rata is the least scientific of any method. And state by state isn't the only level pro rata can be applied.
Needs to be far more nuanced.
Whatever allotment Vic has and will receive I wouldn't want them distributing it evenly across the state. Should be skewed to highest risk suburbs, age groups, risk factors etc
That argument applies to states too so WA can wait their turn..they have indicated they aren't in a rush to open borders and have no covid at all so they can safely take a back seat.
Can’t agree with this. They need to be disbursed in an even manner as regional areas are also doing the heavy lifting with lockdowns as well.

You could even argue that an area like Portland or Horsham could get their whole populations vaccinated so that they can open up sooner so that kids can go back to school etc, as their risk factor is lower in they are a significant drive away from Melbourne.

Reactions: 1 user
Would love to know more about the huge fluctuations between LGA’s. Sure a lot of it would be aged based. And I think the regional areas would have more essential workers (food factories etc), less public servants. But what else is it? Do we need more vaccination hubs?

none of the "live with Covid" brigade are willing to state what numbers are acceptable, they never have.
Frydenburg was going on about needing to have conversations about them, and opening up, but neither he, nor his colleagues will lead that conversation, as they dont want to be linked to the deaths.
And when Victoria goes into "living with Covid" phase, the Murdoch media will revert from howling and wailing about lockdowns, playgrounds, why are we being put through this etc. to the terrible amount of sickness and deaths and "what has Andrews done to our state" headlines. 110% guaranteed.

Reactions: 2 users
Would love to know more about the huge fluctuations between LGA’s. Sure a lot of it would be aged based. And I think the regional areas would have more essential workers (food factories etc), less public servants. But what else is it? Do we need more vaccination hubs?

Yes we need more vax hubs in the right places.
Family in Yarra Valley have had to travel over an hour , on their weekend because can't get there in work days, to Pakenham , Sandown and to Sth Morang to get Pfizer.
There has been a vax centre in Ringwood but did not stock any Pfizer and not open on weekends.
This was pre GP Pfizer, but current GP wait times are over a month locally.

Must be age. The majority of those places are sea change/tree change towns popular with retirees. In the more remote country locations a lot of people in their 20's leave too.

Reactions: 1 users
Ahh this one. just so over it, parts I've confused but the swipe was there

You did listen to what the interview was about right? Not just go by the headline?

He was promoting Victorian Tourism while SA had the borders shut.

You did listen to what the interview was about right? Not just go by the headline?

He was promoting Victorian Tourism while SA had the borders shut.

You did listen to what the interview was about too right? left? centre? Up? down?
Dont give a stuff on the headline

Swipe, is a swipe and he did.

Love the different way this guy looks at things.
(Malcolm Gladwell - the dog will see you now) https://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirec...phone.fm/HSW5428996719.mp3?updated=1629994596

who needs a vaccine passport if you have sniffer dogs.

who needs a rectal exam for cancer if you have sniffer dogs.

not sure what we do with all the poop though since we can’t put it in the playground.
kids arent allowed in playgrounds ATM so I cant see why we cant fill them with dog poo.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
In the USA they are now giving de-worming treatment to prisoners, yes folks, prisoners in the USA are being given Ivermectin, despite the fact that there is no evidence it does anything to treat COVID, and despite the fact that the prisoners have no choice in the matter. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/26/arkansas-jail-dosing-inmates-ivermectin-covid

Isn't this the sort of human rights abuse we criticise China for?

DS
Not sure if true. One of our senators was mentioning that in Australia, the Federal govt does not under the constitution have the power to mandate vaccine(meds) thus the reason we hear its not mandatory. BUT the person went to state that under State laws around the country in Aust, the various State government DO have the power to enforce say the vaccine on people but are not excercising their powers.

I havent had time to try to check this out yet to see if its true or not, maybe someone here knows further, but thought since I saw your comment to put this out there. Think was a Labor senator, (forget), once he then started having a snipe at Feds, then I tuned off. I was only interested in the facts of the law, rest, couldnt care less as typical of many politicians(irrespective of party) went on to politicise and blameshift. Std protocol. haha