Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

A lot of people will also get COVID while vaccinated which will boost natural anti-bodies.

Not sure what your point is, but yes, some will be exposed to Covid after vaccination. Covid antibodies are antibodies whether produced via vaccine or exposure to the virus transmitted by another human. That's why vaccines work.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Not sure what your point is, but yes, some will be exposed to Covid after vaccination. Covid antibodies are antibodies whether produced via vaccine or exposure to the virus transmitted by another human. That's why vaccines work.
I understand that. My point was that booster numbers may not need to be so high once natural exposure to the variants increases - which it will, vaccinated or not.

Testing for antibody levels is already quite common over here. That may well be the next route taken.

Some studies showing that although Pfizer/Moderna more efficacious at first, AZ gives longer lasting immune response.

View attachment 13219
It’s supposedly because of the adenovirus vaccine (AZ) having more of a focus on T Cell protection. There are 2 arms to protection: 1) antibodies and 2) T cell defence.

MRNA’s are slightly more effective early on apparently because of higher antibody response. But over time as the vaccines begin to wane, supposedly AZ’s longer T Cell defence overtakes the overall potency of the MRNA’s and thus, makes it more effective for longer. Early days research however.

I understand that. My point was that booster numbers may not need to be so high once natural exposure to the variants increases - which it will, vaccinated or not.

Testing for antibody levels is already quite common over here. That may well be the next route taken.

Gotcha. I think that boosters will still be commonplace given potential disease severity - unless they can test through saliva or something, a blood test is more difficult to administer than just administering a booster shot. But antibody testing could be used to determine if a booster is necessary as you suggest.

Antigen testing is also useful as a quick test to determine if you have the virus now which of course antibody testing can't do - a 15 minute test to give you access to a work environment or access to travel. I had to do this in Indonesia to fly between Jakarta and Bali last year, I think they were using antibody testing which is kind of useless to tell if you have the virus or not, but whatever.

It’s supposedly because of the adenovirus vaccine (AZ) having more of a focus on T Cell protection. There are 2 arms to protection: 1) antibodies and 2) T cell defence.

MRNA’s are slightly more effective early on apparently because of higher antibody response. But over time as the vaccines begin to wane, supposedly AZ’s longer T Cell defence overtakes the overall potency of the MRNA’s and thus, makes it more effective for longer. Early days research however.

that's enough of your sciencey mumbo-jumbo thank you

South Australia from the 24th September will only let essential workers from Victoria, NSW and ACT cross the border if they have had at least one dose. Read more below.

Some studies showing that although Pfizer/Moderna more efficacious at first, AZ gives longer lasting immune response.

View attachment 13219

Still wonder how the efficacy of the vaccines in relation to hospitalisation/ICU/fatality goes after 2 doses. The above tells us about efficacy catching the virus, but keeping people out of hospital is a very important measure. I presume research is being done, will be good to know.

DS

unofficial Ivermectin trials going well in Mississippi

Thanks Anty. In order to take the unofficial trial seriously I'd need details of sample sizes and of course how many of the non control group got covid.

If we are going unofficial trials I'd probably go a larger cohort. Uttar Pradash has 230 million people and Indonesia 280 million. They have a bit in common. They had Delta hit in a big way, have a fully vaccinated rate of around 12% (Indonesia mostly Sinovac) and the use of Ivermectin is widespread and to varying degrees (more so in Uttar Pradesh) sanctioned, approved or encouraged by government or other official bodies in the territory. Indonesia is now opening up and removing restrictions.

Correlation is not causation and there are lots of confounders no doubt but probably more relevant to this discussion than your trial.

Now it is your prerogative to discount the above. The beauty of white middle class privilege is that on the one hand you can virtue signal and feel superior to misguided, uneducated and most probably poor Mississipians and on the other hand you can ignore the experiences of half a billion brown people.

As its the off season :D I will be a sporadic visitor on here. So even though I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice I encourage everyone to get vaccinated even if you have had covid. Recent studies show that the protection previously infected people get with vaccination is greater than people who have been fully vaccinated. Vaccination will also lessen symptoms if you do get a breakthrough infection. Also be vigilant. Against the delta variant Israeli research shows that effectiveness wanes against infection although still fairly protective against serious outcomes. There have been a few sad cases in NSW of people in their 30s thinking they can ride out the symptoms and being taken to hospital dead. The standard of care here if you get covid is to go home and isolate until you get sick. So clinical evaluation of whether you are sick enough to go to hospital is outsourced to you. Don't be passive and take responsibility for your own health. Even simple measures like having an oximeter on hand to keep a tab on blood saturation and boosting your immune system may help. Be informed, educate yourself, ask questions and discuss what options are available to you with your doctor.

Peace out!! until the real stuff (pre season training) that Caesar will comment on comes around.

Thanks Anty. In order to take the unofficial trial seriously I'd need details of sample sizes and of course how many of the non control group got covid.

If we are going unofficial trials I'd probably go a larger cohort. Uttar Pradash has 230 million people and Indonesia 280 million. They have a bit in common. They had Delta hit in a big way, have a fully vaccinated rate of around 12% (Indonesia mostly Sinovac) and the use of Ivermectin is widespread and to varying degrees (more so in Uttar Pradesh) sanctioned, approved or encouraged by government or other official bodies in the territory. Indonesia is now opening up and removing restrictions.

Correlation is not causation and there are lots of confounders no doubt but probably more relevant to this discussion than your trial.

Now it is your prerogative to discount the above. The beauty of white middle class privilege is that on the one hand you can virtue signal and feel superior to misguided, uneducated and most probably poor Mississipians and on the other hand you can ignore the experiences of half a billion brown people.

As its the off season :D I will be a sporadic visitor on here. So even though I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice I encourage everyone to get vaccinated even if you have had covid. Recent studies show that the protection previously infected people get with vaccination is greater than people who have been fully vaccinated. Vaccination will also lessen symptoms if you do get a breakthrough infection. Also be vigilant. Against the delta variant Israeli research shows that effectiveness wanes against infection although still fairly protective against serious outcomes. There have been a few sad cases in NSW of people in their 30s thinking they can ride out the symptoms and being taken to hospital dead. The standard of care here if you get covid is to go home and isolate until you get sick. So clinical evaluation of whether you are sick enough to go to hospital is outsourced to you. Don't be passive and take responsibility for your own health. Even simple measures like having an oximeter on hand to keep a tab on blood saturation and boosting your immune system may help. Be informed, educate yourself, ask questions and discuss what options are available to you with your doctor.

Peace out!! until the real stuff (pre season training) that Caesar will comment on comes around.
TLDR, but having lived in Indonesia as a a lone middle class white man in an all Muslim area with no other honkies around for miles I can tell you that Indonesians also take antibiotics for pretty much everything and many also believe in black magic. Ivermectin would sell well there to people who are desperate.

They also had a health minister who said that as devout Muslim people Covid wouldn't cause them any trouble.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I suppose the efficacy of that declaration lies in the definition of trouble?

I'm paraphrasing... He actually attributed Indonesia's low case rate early in the pandemic to prayer. I think they moved this guy on since... Indonesia's problems with Covid are systemic, related to poverty and lifestyle,and government infighting and demarcation, so also political.

Sad to see that Lamby has given in to evil big pharma and is actually recommending vaccination in addition to worming treatments.

• Haha
This has been the plan in NSW since Gladys and Hazzard threw their hands up a couple of weeks into their outbreak and decided that it was all too hard and went begging to slomo for more vaccines.
From then, all they wanted to do was get their state vaccinated faster than everyone else so they point to everyone else for blame.
The public in Sydney will believe their *smile*, because the Murdoch media tells them that Golden Gladys will save them, and they’ve done it harder than anywhere else in the world, because Delta

*smile* off gladys, *smile* off Slomo, and *smile* off murdoch

Take this with a grain of salt if you so wish, but this tweet seems to make a lot of sense to me. No doubt the high take up of AZ in Victoria is helping to fight this manipulation.

Somebody mentioned this before …likening Doherty to Champion Data. Think it was ToO.

If you haven't already read this, do yourself a favour. Its a long read, but a must read.

Reactions: 4 users
If you haven't already read this, do yourself a favour. Its a long read, but a must read.

Wonder if Barrie as CeO really analysed and wrote that himself in one "late evening" .... or as Ceo of freelancer.com did he outsource It?