Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Wonder if Barrie as CeO really analysed and wrote that himself in one "late evening" .... or as Ceo of freelancer.com did he outsource It?

If his reading of the Doherty report is accurate then yes, it's being badly misused by both the Libs in NSW and federally.

Reactions: 1 user
For those who consume the premiers daily conferences does Gladys constantly reference what is happening in Victoria? Seems so many clips of Dan I hear on news are about NSW ..
which to me is only a diversion. But would not surprise me if they all do it being shameles politicians where everything is someone else's fault.

Gladys doesn’t answer any question about Victoria. She just answers her own question. She used to throw shade at Victoria and the leadership has now started again now that Vic is not in control.

Dan’s picnic swipe at extra vaccine allocations was funny.

Again national leadership needed and celebrating success / turn it into a race but also acknowledge where the playing field isn’t level. Obviously this won’t happen.

Reactions: 3 users
For those who consume the premiers daily conferences does Gladys constantly reference what is happening in Victoria? Seems so many clips of Dan I hear on news are about NSW ..
which to me is only a diversion. But would not surprise me if they all do it being shameles politicians where everything is someone else's fault.

Dan was specifically asked a question about picnics, as to whether or not we would also get them, and he snapped back that it wasn't part of the nationally agreed policy that has been agreed at national cabinet. This was gladys going on her own, because she had been promising for weeks people would be getting something and she couldn't show up with nothing so she pressured the health advisors into giving her something.

Reactions: 2 users
For those who consume the premiers daily conferences does Gladys constantly reference what is happening in Victoria?

Not since her failed lockdown, but prior to that she was more than happy to criticise other states and refused to show solidarity with other premiers dealing with outbreaks.

Dan Andrews has been very restrained with his criticism of other states and has stated repeatedly he doesn't have any issue with NSW getting the lion's share of current Pfizer supplies as they've needed it. He's been very diplomatic compared to Gladys over the last 6 months.

Yesterday was one of the first times recently I've heard him say anything negative about NSW, and quite frankly it's fair enough. They shouldn't receive additional vaccines at the expense of a fairer distribution between states just so Gladys can reward her population with more freedoms, especially when their case numbers are still increasing.

Reactions: 4 users
I would think that distribution of vaccines simply pro rata is the least scientific of any method. And state by state isn't the only level pro rata can be applied.
Needs to be far more nuanced.
Whatever allotment Vic has and will receive I wouldn't want them distributing it evenly across the state. Should be skewed to highest risk suburbs, age groups, risk factors etc
That argument applies to states too so WA can wait their turn..they have indicated they aren't in a rush to open borders and have no covid at all so they can safely take a back seat.

Reactions: 1 users
Not since her failed lockdown, but prior to that she was more than happy to criticise other states and refused to show solidarity with other premiers dealing with outbreaks.

Dan Andrews has been very restrained with his criticism of other states and has stated repeatedly he doesn't have any issue with NSW getting the lion's share of current Pfizer supplies as they've needed it. He's been very diplomatic compared to Gladys over the last 6 months.

Yesterday was one of the first times recently I've heard him say anything negative about NSW, and quite frankly it's fair enough. They shouldn't receive additional vaccines at the expense of a fairer distribution between states just so Gladys can reward her population with more freedoms, especially when their case numbers are still increasing.
Thanks... but he does keep saying we don't want to be like Sydney...true but his goal should be not to be like Victoria 2020.....

NSW are on day 75 of their outbreak and have passed the 20,000 mark at 20,078 (25,857 in total numbers). Victoria’s second wave last year had a total of 18,535 in 129 days (21,999 in total numbers).

NSW 14 day average is 847.6. On day 61 NSW had 473. Things are totally out of control north of the border.

Comparing data with NSW and the current VIC outbreak:
- 73 cases today in VIC
- 1038 cases in VIC at day 26 of the outbreak.
- VIC 14 day average is 59.1

- NSW had 112 cases on day 26.
- NSW were at 679 at day 26 of the outbreak.
- NSW 14 day average at the time was 39.1.

on a sidenote: more than 75% of cases in VIC are under 40. this is proof of the effectiveness of vaccines (obviously over 40’s have higher vaccination rates).

NSW are on day 75 of their outbreak and have passed the 20,000 mark at 20,078 (25,857 in total numbers). Victoria’s second wave last year had a total of 18,535 in 129 days (21,999 in total numbers).

NSW 14 day average is 847.6. On day 61 NSW had 473. Things are totally out of control north of the border.

- 73 cases today in VIC

on a sidenote: more than 75% of cases in VIC are under 40. this is proof of the effectiveness of vaccines (obviously over 40’s have higher vaccination rates).

The laws of exponentiality means NSW will hit 10,000 cases per day in October at current rates. Hopefully vaccination will help reducing hospitalisations, otherwise its gonna be very ugly.

Thanks... but he does keep saying we don't want to be like Sydney...true but his goal should be not to be like Victoria 2020.....

Victoria put in place a successful lockdown which brought transmission from 700 daily cases to zero. Gladys should have been striving to emulate Victoria.

Glady's posturing really is something else. Only a month ago she was calling the outbreak a national emergency, and these days she's the hero courageously leading the rest of Australia into living with Covid. Yet the people of SA, NT, QLD, WA and TAS all enjoy their beers at the pub.

Reactions: 1 users

- 73 cases today in VIC

So despite out higher total cases and higher 14 day average, our graph wouldn't be looking as exponential as NSW which I think is at least some sort of positive.

The laws of exponentiality means NSW will hit 10,000 cases per day in October at current rates. Hopefully vaccination will help reducing hospitalisations, otherwise its gonna be very ugly.
Wonder what's the acceptable or maximum death and hospitalisation numbers for Berejiklian and the Murdoch media ? Suspect there isn't one. In Victoria however.....

Wonder what's the acceptable or maximum death and hospitalisation numbers for Berejiklian and the Murdoch media ? Suspect there isn't one. In Victoria however.....

She's a politician, she always has someone else set up to blame.

She set Dr Chant up due to her "health advice"
Now she has her new shield, the Doherty Institute. She is following their modelling as she keeps saying, so if it goes pear shaped, she was working from failed models so you know, not her fault.

Here's a projection for NSW if nothing changes... That's with a reproduction rate of 1.1. on Aug 24th it was around 1.3. Contract tracing will keep it lower, but you'll also have unknown cases of people who are asymptomatic or don't get tested. We'll find out the true scale as people roll up to emergency departments.

1630291253172.png

• Wow
Agree
And swipes about SA when they thght virus came from there.
Deflection re couriers, nebuliser as well
But nsw do it too. Not just 1 politician imo

Here's a projection for NSW if nothing changes... That's with a reproduction rate of 1.1. on Aug 24th it was around 1.3. Contract tracing will keep it lower, but you'll also have unknown cases of people who are asymptomatic or don't get tested. We'll find out the true scale as people roll up to emergency departments.

View attachment 13232
C'mon man. Its not a race.