Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Headline from the Sydney morning herald:

”Stick to the plan’: No travel for NSW until slower states catch up on vaccination”

Some quotes:
“A number of federal Liberal MPs from Sydney said that was unfair and NSW residents should be allowed to head overseas as soon as possible without waiting for others to catch up.

“To do anything else would be punishing the people of NSW. We have done so much of the heavy lifting,” said Jason Falinski, the Liberal MP for the northern beaches seat of Mackellar.

“What you’re saying is even when we reach 80 per cent we won’t have the full entitlements and freedoms that we deserve because other state governments haven’t done the heavy lifting and shirked their responsibilities to the rest of the nation? That’s not right.”

North Sydney MP Trent Zimmerman said restrictions on international travel had “taken a huge toll on people in multicultural electorates like mine who have close family overseas”, and “NSW residents should not be held back by states that are still catching up on vaccinations”.

Dave Sharma, the Liberal MP for Wentworth, agreed. “I’d prefer not to see a two-speed Australia but if other states want to take a more cautious approach I don’t see why NSW needs to be held back by that,” he said.”

:mad: :mad:
Arrogant delusional *smile*. Your leader is the reason the rest of the country is *smile* up right now. You *smile* have been receiving the majority of the vaccines and you expect the rest of the country to hurry up and catch up?
Go and get *smile* you self entitled arrogant *smile* :mad::mad:
That is *smile* absurd. Go and get *smile*.

Good to see Dan laying down the law about vaccine distribution and that NSW should no longer receive additional support - particularly the comment about them receiving additional vaccines at the expense of other states so that they can go out on picnics.

• Angry
Reactions: 4 users
Some theories out there a booster of Pfzer or Moderna on top of AZ may offer better protection than having MRNA shots and boosters alone?
Possibly. Not sure. But if that did turn out to be the case, people delaying and procrastinating over AZ in favour of Pfizer may have pulled the wrong rein in the longer term. Too early to say.

fair enough. If the delta variant is so transmissible it would seem the whole population would get it, regardless of vaccination rate.
Yes but the point of vaccination is that it keeps the vast majority OUT of hospital

Reactions: 4 users
Good to see Dan laying down the law about vaccine distribution and that NSW should no longer receive additional support - particularly the comment about them receiving additional vaccines at the expense of other states so that they can go out on picnics.
Anyone believe that what Scomo told him was the truth that vaccines from here will be provided pro rata? I don't. Its good to see Dan standing up for VIC but I don't trust Scomo, he will continue to try and protect Sydney.

Reactions: 2 users
Yep Andrews’ obsession with COVID zero is now a pipe dream. We’ve been in a “hard” lockdown for 4 weeks and the numbers are getting worse. If you don’t contain Delta whilst it’s at a handful of cases you’re *smile* and we’re seeing this now. SA and QLD did it but it’s beaten VIC and destroyed NSW. People have ahead enough of lockdowns and that is evidenced by the continuing spread of the virus. People continue to breach the regulations and we are where we are.

I reckon Andrews has changed his narrative. He mentioned the phrase "live with it" today. I don't think I've heard him say that before. There seems to be some sort of acceptance from the government.

But the problem is that the Doherty Institute Modelling is flawed. And the media are ignoring it.

Another new record of 1218 cases for Gladys 'Freedoms' Berejiklian.
813 patients in hospital with COVID-19 (+35 from yesterday), 126 in intensive care (+1), 54 on ventilators (+2) (Casey Briggs: Twitter)

The NSW death rate is about to explode. 6 more today.

Reactions: 1 users
Interesting graphic showing vaccination rates in various electorates.

electorates.jpg

My very-left-leaning region of Darebin has one of the lower rates. Interesting that Melbourne is right near the bottom among metro areas; not much incentive to venture there for work or anything else if it can be avoided. Lots of young people residing there, presumably.

Morrison does not govern for all Australians. That pattern has been clear over numerous rorts now so nobody should be surprised by this.

Reactions: 1 user
Interesting graphic showing vaccination rates in various electorates.

View attachment 13209

My very-left-leaning region of Darebin has one of the lower rates. Interesting that Melbourne is right near the bottom among metro areas; not much incentive to venture there for work or anything else if it can be avoided. Lots of young people residing there, presumably.
I’m movin’ to Queenscliffe !

I reckon Andrews has changed his narrative. He mentioned the phrase "live with it" today. I don't think I've heard him say that before. There seems to be some sort of acceptance from the government.

But the problem is that the Doherty Institute Modelling is flawed. And the media are ignoring it.

I said this earlier. Doherty Institute is akin to Champion Data.

Headline from the Sydney morning herald:

”Stick to the plan’: No travel for NSW until slower states catch up on vaccination”

Some quotes:
“A number of federal Liberal MPs from Sydney said that was unfair and NSW residents should be allowed to head overseas as soon as possible without waiting for others to catch up.

“To do anything else would be punishing the people of NSW. We have done so much of the heavy lifting,” said Jason Falinski, the Liberal MP for the northern beaches seat of Mackellar.

“What you’re saying is even when we reach 80 per cent we won’t have the full entitlements and freedoms that we deserve because other state governments haven’t done the heavy lifting and shirked their responsibilities to the rest of the nation? That’s not right.”

North Sydney MP Trent Zimmerman said restrictions on international travel had “taken a huge toll on people in multicultural electorates like mine who have close family overseas”, and “NSW residents should not be held back by states that are still catching up on vaccinations”.

Dave Sharma, the Liberal MP for Wentworth, agreed. “I’d prefer not to see a two-speed Australia but if other states want to take a more cautious approach I don’t see why NSW needs to be held back by that,” he said.”

:mad: :mad:
Arrogant delusional *smile*. Your leader is the reason the rest of the country is *smile* up right now. You *smile* have been receiving the majority of the vaccines and you expect the rest of the country to hurry up and catch up?
Go and get *smile* you self entitled arrogant *smile* :mad::mad:
This has been the plan in NSW since Gladys and Hazzard threw their hands up a couple of weeks into their outbreak and decided that it was all too hard and went begging to slomo for more vaccines.
From then, all they wanted to do was get their state vaccinated faster than everyone else so they point to everyone else for blame.
The public in Sydney will believe their *smile*, because the Murdoch media tells them that Golden Gladys will save them, and they’ve done it harder than anywhere else in the world, because Delta

*smile* off gladys, *smile* off Slomo, and *smile* off murdoch

Reactions: 6 users

Somebody mentioned this before …likening Doherty to Champion Data. Think it was ToO.

They are just complete *smile* arsewipes up there. They have *smile* the 2 biggest states in the country due to their mismanagement of the outbreak. Then the PM, who cares for nothing outside of metro Sydney, sends the lion’s share of Pfizer vaccine to NSW at the expense of all other states particularly Victoria. Then they proclaim that they are killing it in the vaccine race whilst all the while they are getting over 1000 cases every day and their citizens are dying.

Yet they lament that other states aren’t keeping up with vaccinations! Because NSW has more vaccines than anyone!

They are absolute turds. Lowest of the low.
Yeh, I've voted LNP and independents in the past but that's staggering. Scomo has started the rot but those comments are pathetic. That loudest voices in that party are arseholes. They will not be getting my vote in the immediate future.

Reactions: 1 users
Older Australians 70 and older age group are doing very well. Those that haven’t got it yet need to be reminded that in Victoria no one who has been fully vaccinated is in hospital. And only one person who is in hospital has had the one dose they are fully vaccinated.

not huge...but a signal i saw during the week to say "shes over"

AN old man down the road from me mows his lawn every week, in his mask.
He lives 100m from anyone and a car may drive past every now and then, but he mows in a mask anyway (regional Vic)
He doesnt see anyone or go near anyone for this 1 hour period...but he wears it.

I actually thought months ago, it was ridiculous.. The poor bloke... , i contemplated saying, "Mate - take it off"
But i didnt.

Anyway, 18 months on...this week, he mowed the lawn maskless.

I then thought to myself...hmmm, this isnt good.