Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Just joking mate.
I stated months ago, some "communities" were ignoring rules and having gatherings.

I got told I was being racist.
Errr ok.
Days later, numbers started to climb.

There are plenty of people from all communities ignoring the regulations. In the Eastern suburbs as well as the Western suburbs.

So about that Ivermectin:

It is utterly incomprehensible that anyone would take this worming drug primarily used for animals in preference to a proven and effective and incredibly safe vaccine.

But then again, I have often found that the things people do and believe are incomprehensible.

Reactions: 1 user
NSW is vaccinating 300,000 more people a week than VIC and the major difference between the states lies in the number of doctor-administered doses.

NSW are also a month ahead of VIC in the race to 70 percent, (how irksome would it be if this continues and NSW are out and about whilst we remain in lockdown :mad: )

NSW rolling out the big guns today.

Hazzard starts off - geez that guy can talk without saying anything
Professor McNulty - "I don't know, I'll have to come back to you", is back on again................

NSW is vaccinating 300,000 more people a week than VIC and the major difference between the states lies in the number of doctor-administered doses.

NSW are also a month ahead of VIC in the race to 70 percent, (how irksome would it be if this continues and NSW are out and about whilst we remain in lockdown :mad: )
It's also got a lot to do with the PM of Sydney sending more vaccines to NSW than anywhere else.

I had my 2nd AZ at the GP yesterday and asked about Pfizer for my son who turns 16 in a couple of weeks. They said they are not getting it until late September at earliest.

Scummo's favouritism of Sydney is driving their vaccination numbers.

• Angry
Reactions: 4 users
It's also got a lot to do with the PM of Sydney sending more vaccines to NSW than anywhere else.

I had my 2nd AZ at the GP yesterday and asked about Pfizer for my son who turns 16 in a couple of weeks. They said they are not getting it until late September at earliest.

I spoke to my GP during the week too. Similar outcome, they will get it, but they don't know when so they aren't making Pfizer bookings yet.

Booked with a state run hub and got an appointment on Friday.

Tier 1 exposure site a hand car wash in Port Melbourne?? Everyday from 21/8 to 27/8! WTF??? Why is this joint open??

No wonder we'll never get out of this lockdown :rolleyes:

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I spoke to my GP during the week too. Similar outcome, they will get it, but they don't know when so they aren't making Pfizer bookings yet.

Booked with a state run hub and got an appointment on Friday.
I'd imagine I can't book him into a State run hub until he actually turns 16. GP said to call late next week as they hope to be able to take Pfizer bookings then.

Foley was just asked a question about vaccines. Of the I think 1m doses we bought from Poland, VIC got 175k of them. NSW got 500k.

Last I looked NSW had 8.2m population of Australias 25.7m (32%) and VIC was 6.7m (25.9%). So if it was a fair allocation, NSW would have received about 320k does and VIC would have received about 260k. So we received 85k less doses which all went to NSW, so its no surprise that they are managing to vaccinate more of their people than we can.

Foley was just asked a question about vaccines. Of the I think 1m doses we bought from Poland, VIC got 175k of them. NSW got 500k.

Last I looked NSW had 8.2m population of Australias 25.7m (32%) and VIC was 6.7m (25.9%). So if it was a fair allocation, NSW would have received about 320k does and VIC would have received about 260k. So we received 85k less doses which all went to NSW, so its no surprise that they are managing to vaccinate more of their people than we can.
There has also been other extra allocations to NSW; the first was the 180k that appeared from... somewhere. I believe all went to NSW.

On one level I understand most of it going to NSW given they have no hope of controlling it through lockdowns now, but on the other hand it's just another example of ScuMmo's bastardry. Hopefully Victorians take note of this when voting in the next federal election.

It is utterly incomprehensible that anyone would take this worming drug primarily used for animals in preference to a proven and effective and incredibly safe vaccine.

But then again, I have often found that the things people do and believe are incomprehensible.

People love conspiracies, the right wing in the states has fallen in behind Trump, and so they have to pretend its an evil big pharma conspiracy and not his fault at all. Saw Trump actually got booed at one of his own rallies when he mentioned that people should get vaccinated, these people ain't too bright.

Even otherwise sensible people get invested in this kind of stuff - Lamby saw through the whole 9/11 nonsense but he's gone deep down the rabbit hole on Ivermectin. These nuts use the argument that Merck is suppressing use for Ivermectin because they have a competing treatment in R&D which would make them more money - but the Ivermectin patent expired in 1996, so a heap of other companies make it as a generic. There's nothing to stop them doing the R&D and marketing it as a treatment for Covid if they wanted.

But they don't, because they know it's BS.

Interesting story above. The fact we are pumping so many more AZ shots is a great sign. But it’s not translating into our vaccination hub numbers. We are not getting anymore doses compared to any other state or territory excluding NSW/ACT. So we are getting less Pfizer per capita than the other states?