Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Yes. A while ago they brought in deputy CHOs who actually work 1-2 days a week in the role to give him a rest. I think that has helped but he clearly needs it from what I have heard.
No matter whether you agree with everything he says or not he has worked unbelievably hard
Its more about tired people make poor decisions or don't bring the new thinking,... but as you wrote about the PS methods they have ways of doing things and they don't necessarily work optimally in a crisis.

Reactions: 1 user
They use the Deputy CHO a lot more in NSW in the press conferences. I prefer those press conferences, Marianne Gale certainly keeps my attention more than Kerry Chant does.
Allan Cheng was great as deputy CHO in Victoria but he has gone back to his old job full time

Reported today that a large no. of cases in the western suburbs of Melbourne are due to people transferring it between families, taking it to the houses of other family members. What does LOCKDOWN mean to these selfish idiots who are keeping us locked up in our houses? I'd like to go and visit my sister and brother-in-law a couple of suburbs away but I don't because I follow the rules. So, these other people think they are above government rules and choose to do their own thing because they know there will be no penalties, no consequences. The gov't is afraid they won'r cooperate. "smile"ing ridiculous.
How do we get people like that to tell us where they've been and penalise them for breaking the law?
Answer: Explain to everyone that if you break the law you will be fined and the size of the fine depends on whether you cooperate by telling us the truth or not.
Visiting other people's houses and telling us the truth $3,000 pp.
Visiting other people's houses and not telling us the truth about where you have been $6,000 pp.

Reactions: 2 users
How do we get people like that to tell us where they've been and penalise them for breaking the law?

The answer is that you can't. The authorities are walking a tightrope with enforcing restrictions. On one hand they threaten people with fines for doing the wrong thing. On the other, if someone does do the wrong thing and it results in transmission between multiple households, then the contact tracing information becomes more valuable to the communuity than any sense of justice they demand.

People will be far less forthcoming with contact tracing info if they know Cousin Johnny, Aunty Liz or whoever else was at their illegal dinner party is going be whacked with huge fines for being dobbed in. So its an impossible situation that is incredibly frustrating, but we just have to hold out hope that people do continue to follow restrictions, and that those that don't comply aren't infected.

And one of the most tired is the CHO. Should have been rested long ago. Cannot replace a Premier but a public servant yes.
Also has SlugGate on his plate, and has to appear before a parliamentary committee shortly and if Ian Cook is proven correct is in massive strife.

Regardless of this should have more support.

Can Victoria start using the Trump defence and the News journos? The reason we have a high daily case number is because our contact tracers and testing facilities are gold standard world class.

The answer is that you can't. The authorities are walking a tightrope with enforcing restrictions. On one hand they threaten people with fines for doing the wrong thing. On the other, if someone does do the wrong thing and it results in transmission between multiple households, then the contact tracing information becomes more valuable to the communuity than any sense of justice they demand.

People will be far less forthcoming with contact tracing info if they know Cousin Johnny, Aunty Liz or whoever else was at their illegal dinner party is going be whacked with huge fines for being dobbed in. So its an impossible situation that is incredibly frustrating, but we just have to hold out hope that people do continue to follow restrictions, and that those that don't comply aren't infected.
Can only hope the punishment is a covid death I suppose.

Can only hope the punishment is a covid death I suppose.
As harsh as that sounds, you're not wrong. We all know the risks of social gatherings in the home and the restrictions have been made clear. Unfortunately it only takes a handful of people to believe it won't happen to them for us all to suffer longer.

As harsh as that sounds, you're not wrong. We all know the risks of social gatherings in the home and the restrictions have been made clear. Unfortunately it only takes a handful of people to believe it won't happen to them for us all to suffer longer.
That's exactly what's happening now. And all the family members involved know what they are doing. Every infectious case in the community means another two weeks lockdown because the case nos are kept high. There must be consequences...perhaps march them off to hotel quarantine at their own expense.

Yeh I was only half joking. So frustrating that people continue their self indulgent behaviour.

Reported today that a large no. of cases in the western suburbs of Melbourne are due to people transferring it between families, taking it to the houses of other family members. What does LOCKDOWN mean to these selfish idiots who are keeping us locked up in our houses? I'd like to go and visit my sister and brother-in-law a couple of suburbs away but I don't because I follow the rules. So, these other people think they are above government rules and choose to do their own thing because they know there will be no penalties, no consequences. The gov't is afraid they won'r cooperate. "smile"ing ridiculous.
Answer: Explain to everyone that if you break the law you will be fined and the size of the fine depends on whether you cooperate by telling us the truth or not.
Visiting other people's houses and telling us the truth $3,000 pp.
Visiting other people's houses and not telling us the truth about where you have been $6,000 pp.
Don't be racist

So reporting comments from the news briefings is now racist? I don't think so.
Just joking mate.
I stated months ago, some "communities" were ignoring rules and having gatherings.

I got told I was being racist.
Errr ok.
Days later, numbers started to climb.