Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

79. Not much better......................:(

Little to no chance of getting out of this when you hear that a survey was taken and that only 44% of people with symptoms come forward to get tested.
Also for every case reported there would be many more out there.

Reactions: 1 user
I told all my mates lockdown until new year a few weeks ago.

We have proven you can’t get 90% of people to follow 100% of the rules and imagine delta needs higher compliance than that.

Focus on vaccination like TOO says. A government in a race would have made massive carrots for AZ a long time ago and sticks as well. Seriously extra tax if you don’t get vaccinated like Medicare levy for non health insured. Extra freedoms and abilities to attend events and see family and friends if you are vaccinated. Yes it’s unfair and yes it penalises those who haven’t got access, but the lockdowns are massively unfair on many business owners so we need to pick our poison.

Also assume everyone has Covid to look after yourself and your family.

Reactions: 1 users
i think we've lost this battle.

we generally do

Drugs won the war on drugs

Terror won the war on terror

Waste won the war on waste

Hocking won the war on Hocking

Its pretty inevitable that

Covid will win the war on Covid

we probably should stop declaring rhetorical war on things?

or declare rhetorical war on something really winnable?

War on white people eating durian?

Last edited:
i think we've lost this battle.
Dont be defeatist.

The numbers yesterday werent as bad as they looked IMO. There was a big jump in cases who were already in isolation, so those infected by close contacts. The number in the community was steady. and pretty much all the cases in the community were in Shepparton I think.
There is reason to be optimistic that Melbourne numbers will fall.

And the current situation in Shep is the reason lockdowns apply across the state, even when regions appear safe.

NSW f'd up by not locking down the entire state once numbers exploded in Sydney. It was always going to spread. Now they have cases in areas with really limited resources.
And we have Barillo and Hazzard abusing funeral goers in Wilcannia who followed the rules their government put in place- comparing those funeral goers who were following the rules to dickheads partying in Sydney. Disgraceful.

Reactions: 4 users
Kah, Melham, Brown, Gaudray. What is going on there, and why is Racing Victoria saying the evidence of it all is sensitive and won’t be released to the public ? Suspended for 14 days. Is that sufficient ? Who would know when RV is keeping it all a secret. Bizarre.

Dont be defeatist.

The numbers yesterday werent as bad as they looked IMO. There was a big jump in cases who were already in isolation, so those infected by close contacts. The number in the community was steady. and pretty much all the cases in the community were in Shepparton I think.
There is reason to be optimistic that Melbourne numbers will fall.

And the current situation in Shep is the reason lockdowns apply across the state, even when regions appear safe.

NSW f'd up by not locking down the entire state once numbers exploded in Sydney. It was always going to spread. Now they have cases in areas with really limited resources.
And we have Barillo and Hazzard abusing funeral goers in Wilcannia who followed the rules their government put in place- comparing those funeral goers who were following the rules to dickheads partying in Sydney. Disgraceful.

yeah sorry, just feel a bit down today after seeing todays numbers. but i do have some good news. great news in fact. our Reff number has dropped to 1.0 according to Professor Adrian Esterman.

Do you have that list binman that tracks current Vic outbreak numbers against the NSW outbreak by day into the outbreak. Not sure but seems to be following a similar number pattern.

I did post them yesterday, so i'm not gonna post them again. but i still give you some data.

VIC 14 day average at days 10-23 is 47.9.
NSW 14 day average at days 10-23 is 27.6.

There is no doubt the outbreak has exploded much faster here. But we also locked down 10 days earlier. I’m sure the cases would be in the hundreds by now if we didn’t.

Reactions: 2 users
Chip Le Grand and now Rachel at the presser today are both claiming NSW reached 80 cases on day 37. That’s a blatant lie. They passed 80 cases on day 26. Where does this garbage come from?

Chip Le Grand and now Rachel at the presser today are both claiming NSW reached 80 cases on day 37. That’s a blatant lie. They passed 80 cases on day 26. Where does this garbage come from?

They lie and assume no-one will bother to check. If they get challenged on this they can just move the goal posts and claim day 1 was 11 days earlier.

What needs to happen is that everything claimed is checked and they are challenged on it - any journalists out there likely to do this??

DS

+16
1st dose
+16
2nd dose
+70
1st dose
+70
2nd dose
Doses
NSW62.80%33.80%88.30%60.70%6,303,835
VIC53.20%32.20%84.30%58.30%4,641,562
QLD48.30%29.50%84.70%59.90%3,256,849
WA47.70%29.10%81.80%57.90%1,640,419
SA50.80%31.50%83.30%54.80%1,185,898
ACT62.00%38.80%98.60%73.20%429,092
TAS57.40%39.00%87.60%64.60%424,531
NT53.20%35.40%76.10%55.90%201,021
Australia55.20%32.30%86.20%59.90%18,083,207
Vaccination rates shown are for people aged over 16
Source: covidlive.com.au

Last edited:
And one of the most tired is the CHO. Should have been rested long ago. Cannot replace a Premier but a public servant yes.
Yes. A while ago they brought in deputy CHOs who actually work 1-2 days a week in the role to give him a rest. I think that has helped but he clearly needs it from what I have heard.
No matter whether you agree with everything he says or not he has worked unbelievably hard

Yes. A while ago they brought in deputy CHOs who actually work 1-2 days a week in the role to give him a rest. I think that has helped but he clearly needs it from what I have heard.
No matter whether you agree with everything he says or not he has worked unbelievably hard

They use the Deputy CHO a lot more in NSW in the press conferences. I prefer those press conferences, Marianne Gale certainly keeps my attention more than Kerry Chant does.