Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

so gladys says as a little reward treat, I can go on a picnic with other fully vaccinated people,

but the only person I know who is fully vaccinated is gluten intolerant, and I dont like them much.

I cant quite work out if Im allowed to have a picnic alone?

surely if I have a box of cheezels, and sit on a rug I'd be right?

Good to see numbers climbing. Full vax rate now jumped into the 30's at 32.3%

I do have concerns with the Vax rates in WA.
WA is very concerning. Anyone living there advise is there is any advertising or promotion about vaccines.
Just hope WA doesnt become an anchor in hindering the vax rates.

Attachments

• covid-19-vaccination-total-vaccine-doses_0.jpg
    covid-19-vaccination-total-vaccine-doses_0.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 5
Quarantine for Queensland being built 1,000 beds, 500 to be available this year and to be finished March next year.

FFS, can they not knock up something a bit quicker than this? How long have they been fart arsing around planning and doing who knows what?

I bet they got the tents up for the 'flu after WWI, 100 years ago, much quicker than this. They had quarantine camps then and I bet they were up a lot quicker than this.

I simply cannot believe how slow the creation of quarantine camps has been.

DS

Reactions: 1 user
FFS, can they not knock up something a bit quicker than this? How long have they been fart arsing around planning and doing who knows what?

I bet they got the tents up for the 'flu after WWI, 100 years ago, much quicker than this. They had quarantine camps then and I bet they were up a lot quicker than this.

DS
Have you ever tried to get a planning permit from a council in Victoria? We'll be lucky to have something built for the next pandemic.

DS
There are probably others around who can attest to this as well but having been around the public sector for a while now what I see continually is an inability to short circuit "process" no matter what the urgency is. Many times it is not a deliberate obstruction but the fact that this is all some people know.

Things take a long time in the public sector partly (some would say largely) because the processes have so many checks and balances, committees and people involved that it is inevitable. That's why when the process is circumvented it is so stark. ( like the East west tunnel "business case" done at the last minute by the libs in Victoria as an example)

I'm not defending it because it is very frustrating at times but I have no doubt that is a large part of why this is going to take so long. It needs a bi-partisan view that says that we will circumvent process for the greater good. Why is say bi-partisan is because I suspect no Government will do that alone because they will worry about political implications if something goes wrong

I saw the waning vaccination protection figures.
I would take them as an estimate, not gospel, as very hard to accurately assess due to multiple mitigating factors.
But....it is to be expected that immunity will wane, as it does with all immune responses. This is completely normal.
However, covid is a rapidly mutating virus , like influenza, and for ongoing immunity a regular booster will be required.
So as I previously pointed out, we will need booster vaccinations to cover mutating variants on a regular basis.
Totally to be expected.
So a 80% vax rate is a point in time marker. Six months after someone is double vexed they drop off and the % falls below the open up threshold.

I will break my rule to make a broader point

What people need to understand is that there is a group of workers in and around healthcare who have been working non stop on this for 18 months. Some have not had a break and have worked 6-7 days a week for all that time, including me. The labour shortage is chronic and the strain on health administrators is unrelenting as it is for the front line staff which is well documented.

There are many pointing out that the health system is under severe stress and what all of us around it are dreading is that it won’t get better for a while. I am all for opening up but with that will come a certain level of cases that the system will have to continue to cope with. What this whole pandemic has proven , which so many of us knew before, was that health system is fantastic but it is not resourced for fast increases in demand in the short term. It needs better planning throughout the ecosystem of health management right down to training and availability of health professionals.

I am not involved in the larger picture of planning vaccinations at a federal or state level so I have no direct experience of what works better or not. What I do know is that everything that is added ( not substituted) needs people and right now we don’t have them to recruit.

There was a comment by an AMA rep yesterday about rules around furloughing staff in the light of what happened at Royal Melbourne. This is a response to the fact that just that one thing created enormous issues in the system with their emergency dept staff being largely furloughed and it just shows what a knife edge it is on. Changing the furlough rules comes with risk and these are the types of decisions people are making day in and day out with no rule book to follow.

To everyone, not just you, please remember that there are large numbers of people doing the best they can under extraordinary pressure and lots of them are very tired.
And one of the most tired is the CHO. Should have been rested long ago. Cannot replace a Premier but a public servant yes.

Good to see numbers climbing. Full vax rate now jumped into the 30's at 32.3%

I do have concerns with the Vax rates in WA.
WA is very concerning. Anyone living there advise is there is any advertising or promotion about vaccines.
Just hope WA doesnt become an anchor in hindering the vax rates.
Why do they care? Premier has set the tune and the population are happy. As they see it it's not their problem.

Have you ever tried to get a planning permit from a council in Victoria? We'll be lucky to have something built for the next pandemic.
Why will we need quarantine next year? Surely only vaxed and tested people will be allowed in? Or if you go to Fiji for a week you spend 2 weeks in quarantine when you return? Seems like what happens today (except can't go to Fiji)

As she said a few days ago, the only number that matters is vaccinations. Deaths, nah who cares. How many got vaccinated.
UK arent too worried by deaths. And in NSW delta explosion the one "positive " to me is that death rates aren't as high as I expected..would have thought double digits day after day given case numbers.

Reactions: 1 user