Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Hey @Ian4 you seem good with the Covid stats, do you have the daily case numbers for NSW & VIC since the start of latest outbreak? Interested to know how quickly Vic got to 80 cases compared to NSW

NSW skipped 80. they were:
- 26 on day 16
- 23 on day 17
- 34 on day 18
- 40 on day 19
- 70 on day 20
- 60 on day 21
- 72 on day 22 (7 day average 46)
- 71 on day 23
- 57 on day 24
- 99 on day 25 (NSW numbers exploded from this day).

VIC were:
- 57 on day 16
- 61 on day 17
- 66 on day 18
- 71 on day 19
- 47 on day 20
- 41 on day 21
- 80 cases on day 22 (7 day average 60).

Some people would be worried by those numbers, but I don't think ours are as bad as they look as the NSW outbreak took a long time to explode. our Reff Number is down to 1.16 today. 4 days ago it was above 2.

Reactions: 1 user
I have a friend trying to find a way to WA as he is a Melbourne supporter, I'm not sure what the current rules are but I can't see it happening. I tried to get to WA a while ago and no go. Wonder if it is possible with quarantine and vaccination?
Issue would be you need to gamble on winning a couple of finals to make the GF. Expensive exercise to fly to WA quarantine for 14 days and then not make it.

NSW skipped 80. they were:
- 26 on day 16
- 23 on day 17
- 34 on day 18
- 40 on day 19
- 70 on day 20
- 60 on day 21
- 72 on day 22 (7 day average 46)
- 71 on day 23
- 57 on day 24
- 99 on day 25 (NSW numbers exploded from this day).

VIC were:
- 57 on day 16
- 61 on day 17
- 66 on day 18
- 71 on day 19
- 47 on day 20
- 41 on day 21
- 80 cases on day 22 (7 day average 60).

Some people would be worried by those numbers, but I don't think ours are as bad as they look as the NSW outbreak took a long time to explode. our Reff Number is down to 1.16 today. 4 days ago it was above 2.
Thanks Ian, saw an article that Victoria's outbreak was tracking faster the NSW in it's early stages.

Cheers

Issue would be you need to gamble on winning a couple of finals to make the GF. Expensive exercise to fly to WA quarantine for 14 days and then not make it.

My mate is old enough to remember their last flag (as a kid), but after 57 years you would think it is worth the risk.

The case number in Vic is not good today, but have we seen a break down by location? I ask as Shepp has been getting a fair number of these cases and they locked down later so maybe the numbers are ok in Melbourne but regional cases need time to come down?

I live in hope!

DS

Interesting to note NZ outbreak is growing in cases even with a sharp lockdown.

They go the eradication way.

Vax roll out is slow there and only had Pfzr as an option.

Interesting to see how that developes.

My mate is old enough to remember their last flag (as a kid), but after 57 years you would think it is worth the risk.

The case number in Vic is not good today, but have we seen a break down by location? I ask as Shepp has been getting a fair number of these cases and they locked down later so maybe the numbers are ok in Melbourne but regional cases need time to come down?

I live in hope!

DS

20 of 80 were in Shepparton.

Weimar just answered a question on this one, said the vast majority of them would have been infectious in the community, so perhaps Melbourne itself is 60 cases with 39 infectious for the whole period so potentially not a bad position despite cases looking high.

You'd expect the vast majority of cases in the community in Melbourne would not be related to the RMH outbreak.

If I was able to get the time off last year (and if my father in law wasnt sick) I would have gone up to QLD and done 14 days quarantine.

View attachment 13182

I honestly have no idea what to make of this
Propaganda, Insanity, you name it.

A paragraph substitution would be equally appropriate :rolleyes:

"We appreciate the community's patience in the lead up to September 13 September, this additional time will allow the recent SURGE IN CASES to take effect":sarcasm

Get your head out of the day to day pressure for a moment Sintiger and get it around the industrialisation of vaccine dispensing. Right now it’s a cottage industry using structures (of which you are part of) that aren’t set up to be efficient and its contributing to your pressure levels. Mass hubs - including drive thrus - help SOLVE for your issues not add to them. You’re thinking backwards.

After reading some material, if we can move, hypothetically, from a 1 nurse per 50-70 vax per day ratio in a clinic environment to something like 200-250 using drive thrus, then that’s good for everyone, the nation and our healthcare workers - including you.

More vaccines, less resources and less pressure on them. The Vic Gov understands this.
I will break my rule to make a broader point

What people need to understand is that there is a group of workers in and around healthcare who have been working non stop on this for 18 months. Some have not had a break and have worked 6-7 days a week for all that time, including me. The labour shortage is chronic and the strain on health administrators is unrelenting as it is for the front line staff which is well documented.

There are many pointing out that the health system is under severe stress and what all of us around it are dreading is that it won’t get better for a while. I am all for opening up but with that will come a certain level of cases that the system will have to continue to cope with. What this whole pandemic has proven , which so many of us knew before, was that health system is fantastic but it is not resourced for fast increases in demand in the short term. It needs better planning throughout the ecosystem of health management right down to training and availability of health professionals.

I am not involved in the larger picture of planning vaccinations at a federal or state level so I have no direct experience of what works better or not. What I do know is that everything that is added ( not substituted) needs people and right now we don’t have them to recruit.

There was a comment by an AMA rep yesterday about rules around furloughing staff in the light of what happened at Royal Melbourne. This is a response to the fact that just that one thing created enormous issues in the system with their emergency dept staff being largely furloughed and it just shows what a knife edge it is on. Changing the furlough rules comes with risk and these are the types of decisions people are making day in and day out with no rule book to follow.

To everyone, not just you, please remember that there are large numbers of people doing the best they can under extraordinary pressure and lots of them are very tired.

Reactions: 8 users
View attachment 13182

I honestly have no idea what to make of this
Berejikilian has been going on and on about restrictions being eased so she had to do something, but as case numbers have gone up and up she couldnt actually make any substantial change.

all she has done is make the rules more confusing and harder to police.

I live in hope!

DS
  • Twenty linked to the Royal Melbourne Hospital and Shepparton outbreaks, none were in quarantine throughout their entire infectious period (the Shepparton outbreak is now at 67 cases);
  • Twenty-five linked to the Broadmeadows outbreak, the Caroline Springs shopping centre CS Square and Al-Taqwa College (all were isolating during their infectious period);
  • Two linked to St Kilda East (they were in quarantine);
  • Nine linked to the Altona North and Newport cluster (they were in quarantine);
  • Nine are household primary close contacts of previous cases identified in recent days (their quarantine status is under investigation); and
  • Thirteen are under investigation.

Looks like most of those not in quarantine are in Shep, or at least related to that outbreak.
I reckon that gives good cause to think we will get on top of this.

Reactions: 2 users
Mcgowan has said NSW or Vic cant come in under any circumstances.
Might as well not have a finals series then, just the grand final. Only port and Brisbane will be allowed in under that criteria. The other teams will be wasting their time trying to qualify only to be rejected entry
They can’t be classed as essential workers so the only reason they would be granted exemptions would be for political reasons. McGowan has refused entry to many Australians to protect WA, he wouldn’t be a hypocrite and allow non essential workers entry just for popularity would he? Would he? ( We all know the answer to that. At the end of the day he is just another politician)

Reactions: 1 users