Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

I've been trying to book my Grandson in & having no luck, some places are quoting 12 weeks before an available Pfizer slot.
Don’t worry Tetley Tiger33. The healthcare arm of Drofder Enterprises has set up its own vax hubs in the Palais, Festival Hall, Calder raceway, Sandown raceway, Windy Hill and a few other sites using state of the art mass vax dispensing facilities. Enough of this slow trickle trickle response. Think of those big Carlton Draught tanks in some pubs where a truck backs up to the pub and pumps thousands of litres of beer into the tanks and punters come up to the bar for their fill. Same concept at the Drofder sites except vax tanks. Short skirt nurses too.

Your boy won’t need an appointment.

1629875703484.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Don’t worry Tetley Tiger33. The healthcare arm of Drofder Enterprises has set up its own vax hubs in the Palais, Festival Hall, Calder raceway, Sandown raceway, Windy Hill and a few other sites using state of the art mass vax dispensing facilities. Enough of this slow trickle trickle response. Think of those big Carlton Draught tanks in some pubs where a truck backs up to the pub and pumps thousands of litres of beer into the tanks and punters come up to the bar for their fill. Same concept at the Drofder sites except vax tanks. Short skirt nurses too.

Your boy won’t need an appointment.

View attachment 13175

I'll drag him along & get a Pfizer shot to compliment my 2 AZers. He'll especially like the nurses too. ;)

I've been trying to book my Grandson in & having no luck, some places are quoting 12 weeks before an available Pfizer slot.
Where does he live TT? There were plenty of slots at the end of next week at Frankston earlier today. Not sure if you are in the south east suburbs though so might not work.

The new Eagle drive through in Werribee is set up to do 5000 vaccinations a week.

See, it CAN be done. Just need more of them around the state.

Note: ATAGI approves them too, and gives simple recommendations on how to establish and run them.

How many nurses do you need and how many are you already using in low production environments ie the ratio improvement ? We’re not talking about needing thousands of nurses here.

This isn’t hard. And as proof of that the government has now added 3 more drive thrus. With more to come. I suspect they’re using low volume GP’s and the like and their resources, and giving them basically, a free kick at goal commercially with these drive thru hubs v their low patient low $ outcomes in their practices.

All we need now are more and some bigger ones. Again, this is not hard.
I am not going to argue with you Redford except to say there is a chronic lack of nurses at the moment which is exacerbated by the fact that many of them are vaccinating, working in hotel quarantine and because overseas nurses can’t be recruited. This is not an opinion it is a fact .
If you think it’s not hard to find staff to do all this at the moment good luck to you, but you are wrong .

Reactions: 1 users
I am not going to argue with you Redford except to say there is a chronic lack of nurses at the moment which is exacerbated by the fact that many of them are vaccinating, working in hotel quarantine and because overseas nurses can’t be recruited. This is not an opinion it is a fact .
If you think it’s not hard to find staff to do all this at the moment good luck to you, but you are wrong .
You seem to have this misplaced idea that drive thru vaccination sites require some infinite amount of resources. They simply don’t. Half of it revolves around re deployment. And fortunately the government knows this, takes a 180 degree different view than you do, and is moving ahead with more of them.

You do understand that by having more of a “one to many” approach you actually LESSEN the burden on resources, including nurses ? It actually SOLVES for your issue.

Macca's drive through with Doctors. Eat a cheeseburger while you recover.

Major carparks at Chadstone, Southalnd, Northland and Kniefpoint are empty, surely we can do it there.
Make me go into chadstone car park and I may become an antivaxxer.

Reactions: 1 users
You seem to have this misplaced idea that drive thru vaccination sites require some infinite amount of resources. They simply don’t. Half of it revolves around re deployment. And fortunately the government knows this, takes a 180 degree different view than you do, and is moving ahead with more of them.

You do understand that by having more of a “one to many” approach you actually LESSEN the burden on resources, including nurses ? It actually SOLVES for your issue.
I am talking about everything we are doing not just drive throughs. We have increased demand in our hospitals, staff required in hotel quarantine, extra staff providing infection prevention in aged care, vaccination resources required in GP clinics, mass vaccination centres and covid testing clinics all requiring extra staff at a time when we cannot import nurses and other staff on foreign worker visas and untaken leave is mounting up for so many health workers.
This is not easy, it is bloody hard.
I can’t really talk about it anymore. I know you are probably saying it from the right place but I am too close to it
I am just going to post on footy for a while if you don’t mind.
Cheers

Reactions: 2 users
Don't think there is a problem with demand Rancey:

Victorians are trying to book online COVID-19 vaccination appointments at the rate of 50,000 a minute, and more than 1.3 million people tried to contact the call centre to book slots after the state widened the availability of the Pfizer shot.
Yep thats what Im saying - up until now we didnt really have a great idea what the demand was actually like for this age group, but the signs are that it is very high. Great to see!

I can't see how drive through helps much. The bottle neck is the number of nurses available to administer doses. You still need to wait 15 minutes for adverse effects so you need a parking facility on the other side as well. You've just turned your patients into half ton 2 x 3 metre cubes.

I am talking about everything we are doing not just drive throughs. We have increased demand in our hospitals, staff required in hotel quarantine, extra staff providing infection prevention in aged care, vaccination resources required in GP clinics, mass vaccination centres and covid testing clinics all requiring extra staff at a time when we cannot import nurses and other staff on foreign worker visas and untaken leave is mounting up for so many health workers.
This is not easy, it is bloody hard.
I can’t really talk about it anymore. I know you are probably saying it from the right place but I am too close to it
I am just going to post on footy for a while if you don’t mind.
Cheers
Get your head out of the day to day pressure for a moment Sintiger and get it around the industrialisation of vaccine dispensing. Right now it’s a cottage industry using structures (of which you are part of) that aren’t set up to be efficient and its contributing to your pressure levels. Mass hubs - including drive thrus - help SOLVE for your issues not add to them. You’re thinking backwards.

After reading some material, if we can move, hypothetically, from a 1 nurse per 50-70 vax per day ratio in a clinic environment to something like 200-250 using drive thrus, then that’s good for everyone, the nation and our healthcare workers - including you.

More vaccines, less resources and less pressure on them. The Vic Gov understands this.

Last edited:
I can't see how drive through helps much. The bottle neck is the number of nurses available to administer doses. You still need to wait 15 minutes for adverse effects so you need a parking facility on the other side as well. You've just turned your patients into half ton 2 x 3 metre cubes.
Based on real life experience in the states, drive thrus do almost twice the vaccinations per day as walk in and que sites.

Also the vaccination hubs need longer and different opening hours. 2 of my friends are married to nurses and they are working less hours due to no school. Both friends are tradies and they are working full time. While the nurses are looking after the children. They could probably get there kids into school but they haven’t pushed it as they have flexibility in their rosters and they are probably self accessing that they are better home schooling the children. If the vaccination centres were open but hours on a Sunday I’m sure with penalty rates they would be able to get the staff.

Where does he live TT? There were plenty of slots at the end of next week at Frankston earlier today. Not sure if you are in the south east suburbs though so might not work.

Cheers posh.
He lives in the Knox area so it's a bit of a trek to Franga :)

I'll try another couple of places tomoz. But I'm not sure how much luck we'll have.

Good points....and to add to the supply issue nurses to be like my niece are struggling to complete their hospital placement assignments due to covid restrictions. She went part time this year as she could not move into her final year subjects. So she enters the profession at least 6 months later than otherwise. Other niece has had her social work degree extended a full year for same reasons. So here are two young women with needed skills sitting on the sidelines and who also losing 6 months or a year of a full time salary....there is no grant for that...hidden cost of covid.

Good points....and to add to the supply issue nurses to be like my niece are struggling to complete their hospital placement assignments due to covid restrictions. She went part time this year as she could not move into her final year subjects. So she enters the profession at least 6 months later than otherwise. Other niece has had her social work degree extended a full year for same reasons. So here are two young women with needed skills sitting on the sidelines and who also losing 6 months or a year of a full time salary....there is no grant for that...hidden cost of covid.
And how do we go about addressing that nurse supply issue ? We take the pressure out of hospitals, clinics, GP’s, pharmacies etc that aren’t set up to vaccinate 20 million people and industrialise the process as much as possible by using hub facilities where fewer resources (ie nurses and support staff) are required to vaccinate more people, quicker.

Logistics 101.

Last edited:
My 10 year old son has COVID at the moment. He's laying on the sofa - a bit tired, a bit of a headache, a bit of a cough, lost his appetite. Generally he's fine. We'll test him daily and when he tests negative again, we'll get back on with life. I'm double vaccinated, as is my wife. My 7 year old daughter will happily keep her distance.

COVID is not the monster it is purported to be in Australia - when you're vaccinated. Vaccinations, vaccinations, vaccinations...

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users