Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Confirm some news reports...
Just an update, son (Bud Bundy :) ) advising huge queue at Convention Centre at Sth Wharf as he rocks up for his appt. Very encouraging

Reactions: 1 user
Why the need for appointments ? Why can’t we do mass drive thru’s ? Having had a double dose via appointment I see no need what so ever for appointments.

Drive in. Just like when you get a Covid test. Sign a consent form. Just as you do at an appointment. Bring your Medicare card and drivers licence just as you do for an appointment. Check points along the way. Just like testing. Arm on the window… booomf. Drive on and wait in the car for 10 mins. Thank you. Good bye. Neeeext !

Onece you’re actually at an appointment it’s super quick so just do it in an en masse environment instead of clogging up small GP rooms, massively long stand in line ques etc.

Calder, Sandown race track, Shepparton race track etc etc etc. Get them going.

Drive thru.

Why the need for appointments ? Why can’t we do mass drive thru’s ? Having had a double dose via appointment I see no need what so ever for appointments.

Drive in. Just like when you get a Covid test. Sign a consent form. Just as you do at an appointment. Bring your Medicare card and drivers licence just as you do for an appointment. Check points along the way. Just like testing. Arm on the window… booomf. Drive on and wait in the car for 10 mins. Thank you. Good bye. Neeeext !

Onece you’re actually at an appointment it’s super quick so just do it in an en masse environment instead of clogging up small GP rooms, massively long stand in line ques etc.

Drive thru.
So this. There's so many public spaces you could do this at.

So this. There's so many public spaces you could do this at.
There’s heaps Snooper. The drive thru ones I’ve seen in the US have multiple lanes, various checkpoints for each quick and small step in the process, you wait 10 mins … and you’re off. Registered medical people on hand and admin staff - just like when you get tested.

Stock levels not withstanding, logistically, seems like we’re trying to sweep a garage out with a toothbrush by emphasising appointments, GP rooms, massive long ques in lineups - all of which are slooooow, incremental and bound to turn people off and squash expediency.

Drive thru.
It was odd, I booked for both my jabs but was never asked once if I had booked when i was there.

There’s heaps Snooper. The drive thru ones I’ve seen in the US have multiple lanes, various checkpoints for each quick and small step in the process, you wait 10 mins … and you’re off. Registered medical people on hand and admin staff - just like when you get tested.

Stock levels not withstanding, logistically, seems like we’re trying to sweep a garage out with a toothbrush by emphasising appointments, GP rooms, massive long ques in lineups - all of which are slooooow, incremental and bound to turn people off and squash expediency.
Macca's drive through with Doctors. Eat a cheeseburger while you recover.

Major carparks at Chadstone, Southalnd, Northland and Kniefpoint are empty, surely we can do it there.

NSW are now 1152 behind VIC's total number since day 1 of the pandemic, so they will overtake us on Friday.

NSW have now had 14,681 cases on day 70 of their outbreak. at the same time VIC had 15,455 up to this point (211 cases on day 70) and the outbreak finished at 18,535 on day 129.

NSW also have 12,483 active cases which is 4,600 above VIC's peak.

NSW 14 day average is 610.
Ian, do you know how our current breakout compares to our first major one and the current NSW one (in relation to comparative numbers at day x etc).

Major carparks at Chadstone, Southalnd, Northland and Kniefpoint are empty, surely we can do it there.
Set up a special drive thru site for Richmond fans here in Victoria. Put up video screens with replays of our GF wins. Bet I could have every Richmond fan in the state vaxxed within a week.

Ok, some wouldn’t want to leave or maybe try to go around again and get a double dose, but small issues.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Knifepoint :mhihi :mhihi

But get it right Scoop; it's not Northland. It's Norflands......................mate.

Thought it might be quite obvious for appts places plus around town mass hubs.

With appts healthcare system can manage resources(staff/supplies) plus people can manage their time(bal). I get mass hubs go whenever too. But people do want some security of an appt and not be turned away

Place son is at already 1hr+ behind appt time. But getting close. Saying people are patiently waiting.

For AZ u can go anywhere though. Demand for people's choice of Pfzr is initially in high demand as new age group is allowed to get the jab.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Knifepoint :mhihi :mhihi

But get it right Scoop; it's not Northland. It's Norflands......................mate.
We would need mass security at Norflands. Too expensive. Those people will have to drive across the river and into proper Victoria.

Reactions: 1 users
Confirm some news reports...
Just an update, son (Bud Bundy :) ) advising huge queue at Convention Centre at Sth Wharf as he rocks up for his appt. Very encouraging

Yeah, my daughter and her BF went through this morning. They booked AZ. No queue for AZ. Everyone wants pfizer. They were asked if they wanted to change to Pfizer but stuck with AZ, looked like a 2 hour queue.

Reactions: 2 users
We would need mass security at Norflands. Too expensive. Those people will have to drive across the river and into proper Victoria.
Think I have told this story on here before but had a car complete *smile* itself and the mechanic said the only way you will ever get it going again is to leave it overnight in the Northland car park.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Website was a bit of a pain, took a while, as someone else said it was like booking finals tickets through Ticketek.

Booked in for my 1st Pfizer next Friday.

Yeah, my daughter and her BF went through this morning. They booked AZ. No queue for AZ. Everyone wants pfizer. They were asked if they wanted to change to Pfizer but stuck with AZ, looked like a 2 hour queue.
Son was just asked to be interviewed by Ch10, haha, said no. Still in the queue.
Didnt want his 2 mins of fame. Haha

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Think I have told this story on here before but had a car complete *smile* itself and the mechanic said the only way you will ever get it going again is to leave it overnight in the Northland car park.
Was that the old Leyland P76 you bought in ‘77 when you had hair ?