Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Kids get sick with Delta..they can't get vaccinated..what's the plan for schools......................................................?

At least schools are under discussion and on the agenda, universities are being completely ignored (except when the govt wants the fruits of their research). No talk of vaccinating students, no care about holding classes online (which is clearly not the same and students learn less) etc.

DS

Fair enough, I stand corrected on the EU and US approval processes on AZ. I guess I'm contributing to the bad wrap.

Does anyone have a source for what percentage of each approved vaccine were used in the UK rollout? I've often seen it referenced that it was almost entirely AZ but i reckon they used a bit of everything that had available to them.

no worries BT... in the UK they use AZ, Pfizer and Moderna but I can't find any breakdown of how much of each have been dosed.

I did find this which estimates that vaccinations have averted around 6 million Covid infections and 28,000 deaths.

This report has interesting conclusions on vaccine reductions in infection, transmission, symptoms, hospitalisation and mortality.

All significantly reduced by vaccination, in case anyone was still in any doubt about this.

Edit: - found this, tells us how many doses the UK has ordered. AZ is the leader for sure.

Reactions: 1 user
Heard her being interviewed today and was put forward a number of scenario and handled it very well.

Its sounds very promising. Even tackled the Q on vaxing kids.

I now have placing heavy attention on "cases" but more the death rates, and a touch more confident now that we could be able to get to some normalities it the very near future (months).

Vax rates very good. (Looking at 1st doses), 2nd doses for full vax will be good to see end of Sept after a couple of mths earlier when questions were being asked of AZ and va program stalled. Im very confident we'll be over 60% within 4 to 5 wks. (just my take).

She was on Neil Mitchell program over an hr ago. Maybe their is a link to it later. Unable to check right now to find it
Here is the interview with the Dr Sharon Lewin this morning on Neil Mitchell.

Please follow link & its the 4th one down for those interested.

Last edited:
45 cases in VIC today. still waiting on how many linked and in iso.

edit: 36 linked and 17 in Iso for full infectious period.

If i can add something... as sad as it is to see so many kids with COVID, one positive is that kids are unlikely to make dumb decisions that lead to it spreading.

Usual complaints about vax booking system. Its day 1 and everyone whining they cannot book. Demand is probably like GF tickets x 100. No govt call centre / online is designed to handle that. Patience required.

Reactions: 1 users
45 cases in VIC today. still waiting on how many linked and in iso.

edit: 36 linked and 17 in Iso for full infectious period.

If i can add something... as sad as it is to see so many kids with COVID, one positive is that kids are unlikely to make dumb decisions that lead to it spreading.
That's a positive trend. Never seen numbers bounce back once they have dipped 30%. Should be all clear to wrap up as per extended target Sep 2. Lockdown 6 and Out.

That's a positive trend. Never seen numbers bounce back once they have dipped 30%. Should be all clear to wrap up as per extended target Sep 2. Lockdown 6 and Out.

interesting stat if true, but we have only seen 2 days of improved numbers. still way too early to say if we're on top of it. We'll never be out of the woods until every case is linked up and until almost every case is in Iso for full infectious period. 538 active cases is a big number.

Reactions: 2 users
I tend to agree, the fall in numbers is very good news but we need to sustain the fall and then we will know if lockdown is working.

In the meantime the vaccination numbers are rising so we should be able to get out of lockdown hopefully in a few weeks.

Hopefully we can keep it from coming in again from NSW.

DS

Another record for NSW. 919.
Green shoots.
@Tigers of Old , 919 is just a number that rolls off Gladys's tongue now it is no longer the focus.
She has done a great job in putting her state in peril, risking lives, no matter, they are leading the vaccination race :clap2

PS. I do think NSW are doing well in getting their people vaccinated as it is the only message they are peddling, (and sadly rightly so given their dire predicament).

Let's hope VIC can do a better job getting the balance right between lower case numbers and high vaccination numbers.

Last edited:
67,000 doses for Victoria on Monday. Down 12,000 from the previous Monday.

NSW did 124,000.

Last edited:
  • Sad
NSW are now 1152 behind VIC's total number since day 1 of the pandemic, so they will overtake us on Friday.

NSW have now had 14,681 cases on day 70 of their outbreak. at the same time VIC had 15,455 up to this point (211 cases on day 70) and the outbreak finished at 18,535 on day 129.

NSW also have 12,483 active cases which is 4,600 above VIC's peak.

NSW 14 day average is 610.

67,000 doses for Victoria on Monday. Down 12,000 from the previous Monday.

NSW did 124,000.
I think we have held back slightly on our vaccinations as we have consistently being doing more 2nd dose rather than first dose vaccinations. The trend should have been going the other way as we are ramping up the vaccination program.

Now that we have made the announcement that it’s all systems go for vaccinations we should see a steady rise in vaccinations and should see first doses being higher than second doses.