Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

As a fan of Tony Blakely's work I like the fact he wants us to discuss this now.

Biggest worry right now is the transmission between kids/teens who remain unvaccinated. This is a very new development with Delta.
There were over 400 cases in this bracket in NSW alone last weekend.
Makes it very hard to see when schools will go back on site & that's a continuing nightmare for parents & kids.
Can't see that ending any time soon whilst vaccination isn't an option.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
The below is both positive and scary. Not many older Victoria’s getting Covid, must be a pretty positive sign that the vaccine is working.

While 27 people are in hospital and 12 in ICU. The scary bit is there must be some younger Victoria’s in hospital and potentially in ICU.

These just came through for Vic.

Of the 29 Victorians in hospital:
- 21 are under the age of 50, including one infant
- In ICU: One person in their 20s, one in their 30s, 5 in their 40s
- No cases in ICU were vaccinated

• Sad
Any danger of any further information being released regarding Pfizer being opened up to 16-39yos from the end of August?

Scomo announced this last week (thereby potentially impacting existing AZ appointments in the meantime for that age group) yet no further info regarding booking for these appointments have since been released.

Cant help but feel that he has therefore had a negative impact on vaccination efforts due to his need to make this announcement without further information being ready to be released.

Reactions: 4 users
NSW 14 day average 541. their total numbers will overtake Victoria within a week.

Based in the 7 day average, NSW will reach 80% vaccinations in 79 days. 88 days for Victoria. other data sources are saying this will occur much sooner than that, but that is obviously based on increased supply... which I remain highly sceptical about.

The 'nowhere in the world has contained Delta' rhetoric is a continuing lie from the NSW Government.
A reminder to Golden Gladys that other states in Australia had beaten down covid but the seeding from her loose state has made it very difficult to stay on top of it.
ACT, NSW, Qld, SA, Victoria & New Zealand all impacted by her failure or refusal to contain with a genuinely hard fast lockdown. I honestly think it's always been her intention to 'live with the virus'. Just a shame that many Australians will die from it due to that policy.

Reactions: 3 users
The 'nowhere in the world has contained Delta' rhetoric is a continuing lie from the NSW Government.

Queensland had a delta outbreak, in a school I think. It was their most recent lockdown and they seem to have killed it off.

Are there no journos pulling Gladys up on this diinformation?

Another one of those "let it run" journos just asked a question about our ICU capacity and used NSW's. He said NSW are at about 90% ICU capacity and only 20% of that is Covid as an indicator that we can sustain higher numbers of cases etc, but bear in mind NSW is still under lockdown. He actually answered his own question without regarding it.

90% of ICU capacity whilst under lockdown restrictions with 800 cases a day (and the ICU capacity is essentially from new cases several days ago, you don't get straight from positive to going into ICU). It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how our ICU capacity will be over run if cases grow much more than 800. Why anyone would want to get close to that capacity number I have no idea.

I wasn't even sure of the journos point, was he thinking that the other 70% of non covid patients in ICU will suddenly get better or something??

Reactions: 2 users
Any danger of any further information being released regarding Pfizer being opened up to 16-39yos from the end of August?

Scomo announced this last week (thereby potentially impacting existing AZ appointments in the meantime for that age group) yet no further info regarding booking for these appointments have since been released.

Cant help but feel that he has therefore had a negative impact on vaccination efforts due to his need to make this announcement without further information being ready to be released.
The ahole did that because he wanted to go on a self promotion/marketing exercise at the expense of the country. He couldn't wait until he actually had the doses and could communicate that it was available straight away for 16-39. No, instead he did a self promo statement saying "its coming" (even though no Premier knows when), and compromising YET AGAIN the nation's vaccine rollout. We'll have 16-39's all over the country potentially delaying now.

Guy is a complete *****.

Reactions: 3 users
There's no doubt everyone is over lockdowns.
The feeling will be a lot worse though if we have thousands of cases & hospitals filling up with extremely sick & dying fellow Australians.

Hurry up & get the vaccinations out.
and hurry up and book appointments, Dan and health advisers keep saying there are bookings available

It's a great point DJ. Most people in Australia have no concept of what this thing can do. When you see it in full flight it is a monster of the likes of which none of us have ever seen in our lifetimes.

The' it's just a flu' or 'low mortality rate' crowd just don't have a clue because they are lucky enough to have been sheltered from the reality.
Spot on. Yet still, incredibly, we have people bitching about protective measures and effectively, wanting to let it ride.

No need to be condescending.

So its fear & hysteria yeah

After that superspreading event you linked that had 15000 close contacts, Vic recorded, 14,28,14,12,12,11,10,8 & 7 positives.

I'm over it, no wonder the rest of the world are by all accounts laughing at us
I’m all for a way to manage COVID normal and we are all “over it “ but I suspect the families of the 650,000 Americans who have died and the 130,000 brits who have died and all the families of the other 3.6 million people who have died are not laughing at us.

The rules aren’t perfect and they don’t always make perfect sense but the reason those numbers were so low was because we went into hard lockdown.

Reactions: 1 users
I’m all for a way to manage COVID normal and we are all “over it “ but I suspect the families of the 650,000 Americans who have died and the 130,000 brits who have died and all the families of the other 3.6 million people who have died are not laughing at us.

The rules aren’t perfect and they don’t always make perfect sense but the reason those numbers were so low was because we went into hard lockdown.
Spot on again. And the reason we're in the fortunate position v the USA and other countries, is because of the rules that we've deployed. Yet staggeringly, people just cant get their head around that. They're bitching about the very thing that's made for those low numbers that they keep referring and quoting !

And where not having to rely on those rules anymore is concerned, we all know what the only way out from under that is so stop complaining about lockdowns, Daniel Andrews blah blah blah and start complaining about our country's shitful vaccination program instead.

Reactions: 4 users
No, in Australia we just wanna go to the pub with our mates. Go to the footy mate. You know...sort of...."over it."

Yeah you hear the "I'm over it" type of stuff all the time, like we have a choice to opt out of Covid. A lot of what you hear is actually laughable if it wasn't also so serious.

Headline in The Age today :

About 10,000 Victorians cancelling, not showing up for vaccine appointments

By Cassandra Morgan

**(PS that 10,000 is a daily figure :eek: ) What is wrong with people?

Last edited: