Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Im not discounting the grief caused by death, Covid or not

Australia's Suicide rate is about 10 a day in pre covid times, Id hate to think what is is in the current climate
According to the coroners court Victoria's suicide rate is unchanged from previous years.

i know everyone would rather be living without restrictions but that means massive loss of life from covid. somewhere like Tassie could be living without restrictions, but that increases the chances of them needing long term restrictions if cases do start.

Reactions: 1 users
it wasn't a spreader event though, as the numbers I quoted above attest
I suppose it's about meeting a compromise. The hysterical reaction would be, "No, don't come at all, no games allowed!" As opposed to, "yes we'll stage them with some measures in place to limit the damage if there are indeed a couple of cases undetected in the community."

There's no doubt everyone is over lockdowns.
The feeling will be a lot worse though if we have thousands of cases & hospitals filling up with extremely sick & dying fellow Australians.

Hurry up & get the vaccinations out.

Reactions: 1 user
According to the coroners court Victoria's suicide rate is unchanged from previous years.

i know everyone would rather be living without restrictions but that means massive loss of life from covid. somewhere like Tassie could be living without restrictions, but that increases the chances of them needing long term restrictions if cases do start.
Wow , interesting stat

Thanks

This 70%-80% vax rate that gets bandied about as a measure for releasing the lockdown valve, is it based on only fully vaccinated or fully and single dose collectively ? Because doing some numbers this morning the timelines for reaching that measure are quite different between the two.

This 70%-80% vax rate that gets bandied about as a measure for releasing the lockdown valve, is it based on only fully vaccinated or fully and single dose collectively ? Because doing some numbers this morning the timelines for reaching that measure are quite different between the two.
The more pertinent question is that of total populations, which most of the studies reference, or just of the people old enough to be vaccinated?

Follow the Israel model. That's the only thing that makes sense, COVID zero is nonsense.

I always thought it was based on fully vaccinated; 2 doses. That would be logical wouldn't it? If you have one dose you are not fully vaccinated.

But who knows if logic applies with the peanuts running the show. I have heard that idiot up in Sydney make reference to opening up after 70-80% one dose so it's understandable if confusion reigns.

This whole response to COVID is a cluster *smile*.

Reactions: 2 users
The more pertinent question is that of total populations, which most of the studies reference, or just of the people old enough to be vaccinated?
For Australia it's been people 16+. To date. ATAGI is yet to make a recommendation on 12-15 y.o.'s so all reference to % of the population here in Australia, relates to the 16+ age group.

Collective doses or just fully vaccinated ?

For Australia it's been people 16+. To date. ATAGI is yet to make a recommendation on 12-15 y.o.'s so all reference to % of the population here in Australia, relates to the 16+ age group.

Collective doses or just fully vaccinated ?

The herd immunity theory is based on total population. Take out those under 16 and 80% is probably closer to 60%. Not enough.

Someone remind Morrison, these lockdowns wouldn't be necessary if he hadn't royally *smile* the vaccine rollout.
Now Tigers of Old, let me take that back further Tigers of Old. My government Tigers of Old, made sure Australia is at the front of the queue Tigers of Old, at the front of the queue. Tigers of Old, I won't go into the specifics Tigers of Old, because of cabinet confidentialities Tigers of Old, but let me say this Tigers of Old, what really matters is getting the job done Tigers of Old. That's what really matters Tigers of Old, and my government are 100% committed to getting the job done Tigers of Old. Getting the job done to save Australia. That's what really matters Tigers of Old and it's what my government are doing.

Reactions: 1 users
I always thought it was based on fully vaccinated; 2 doses. That would be logical wouldn't it? If you have one dose you are not fully vaccinated.

But who knows if logic applies with the peanuts running the show. I have heard that idiot up in Sydney make reference to opening up after 70-80% one dose so it's understandable if confusion reigns.

This whole response to COVID is a cluster *smile*.
If its based on full vaccination then in Victoria, hopes of an October achievement (based on rough numbers I admit), look very unrealistic.

Using a 75% mid-point, with what looks like a 5.4m population of 16+ in Victoria, then we need 4.043m people fully vaccinated. At 21 August we have 1,614,057 fully vaccinated. In the week to 21 August we did 216,660 full vaccinations. At that rate, it will take another 11 weeks to reach 4.043m fully vaccinated. And that's without accounting for the inevitable wall of laggards, anti-vaxxers, supply issues etc.

End of December looks more realistic.

Reactions: 3 users
Now Tigers of Old, let me take that back further Tigers of Old. My government Tigers of Old, made sure Australia is at the front of the queue Tigers of Old, at the front of the queue. Tigers of Old, I won't go into the specifics Tigers of Old, because of cabinet confidentialities Tigers of Old, but let me say this Tigers of Old, what really matters is getting the job done Tigers of Old. That's what really matters Tigers of Old, and my government are 100% committed to getting the job done Tigers of Old. Getting the job done to save Australia. That's what really matters Tigers of Old and it's what my government are doing.
When's the Pfizer stuff comin' Dud-mo ? I cancelled me AZ vax today coz you said Pfizer was available to me now and I want the best juice mate. Got any idea when she'll be in and when I'll be able to get re-booked ?? October ? November ? Thanks mate.

• Haha

Careful Brodders, don't bring facts into this or Stig might claim that the coroner is lying again.

The below is both positive and scary. Not many older Victoria’s getting Covid, must be a pretty positive sign that the vaccine is working.

While 27 people are in hospital and 12 in ICU. The scary bit is there must be some younger Victoria’s in hospital and potentially in ICU.

Last edited: