Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Actually the only leader in the country with half a brain. Nothing n no-one was ever going to stop this virus. Manage as best as possible and minimise the harm, but learn to live with it. Same as most of the rest of the world is trying to do. Except of course for half a handful of State dictators struggling with their God complexes.
Except what does manage it as best as possible mean? What does it mean to Gladys because she is all over the place. Don’t lockdown, part lockdown, lockdown parts of the city, lock down regional NSW then open, encourage masks or mandatory masks. She has so many positions she is the COVID management version of the karma sutra.

I am moving in my own mind towards a version of living with the virus but you can’t do it with 1000 cases a day because open up more now and the whole health system will be overwhelmed.

What so many people are missing is how stressed our health system is. There are massive staff shortages and many exhausted people.

Let’s find a way to live with the virus post a higher level of vaccination but we have to define what that means and it needs to be ostensibly the same in all states which requires some national leadership.

Reactions: 1 users
NSW bragging they are vaccinating at a rate faster than anywhere in the world, (if they are that is good), but maybe ScoMo can negotiate with his mates in Poland and get a million doses directed Victoria's way.
Yeah easy to be leading the vaccination race when the PM for Sydney is directing the vast majority of the in demand Pfizer vaccine to NSW. What a corrupt load of *smile*.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Yeah easy to be leading the vaccination race when the PM for Sydneynis directing the vast majority of the in demand Pfizer vaccine to NSW. What a corrupt load of *smile*.
The Age headline:

NSW Health Minister ‘hopeful’ other states will pick up vaccination rates​

By Mary Ward​

The Age headline:

NSW Health Minister ‘hopeful’ other states will pick up vaccination rates​

By Mary Ward​

Ha ha what a *smile* arsewipe that Hazzard is. Gets the lion’s share of the Pfizer vaccine then gloats about how well they are doing and that other states should catch up; with vaccines that aren’t available to them because NSW has them all! All while their gross negligence and mismanagement has let the virus run rampant and caused lockdowns in another state and territory.

Geez they are bunch of turds. *smile* off.

• Angry
Reactions: 14 users
Yeah. I mean like Kennett and the right wingers would have, let’s just be California or Florida or wherever.

Anyway, when are the additional Pfizer doses coming to support Dud-mo’s announcement that all 16+ ‘ers will be able to get a shot of it from next week ?
16+ will be able to BOOK to get a shot of Pfizer from the 31st August.
When they will actually be able to get one is the question that hasn’t been answered yet by Slomo

Reactions: 2 users
16+ will be able to BOOK to get a shot from the 31st August.
When they will actually be able to get one is the question that hasn’t been answered yet by Slomo
Yeah, so in the meantime, if you’ve already got a booking and it’s for AZ, some might be inclined to wait - however long - for Pfizer based on Dud-mo’s announcement and thus slowing down again the vaccination of the country ?

Reactions: 4 users
Gladys keeps hiding behind the notion that Delta is completely different to the earlier versions of the virus. Where has she been for the last 18 months - previous versions of the virus killed millions.

Yes, the delta variant does seem to be more contagious, but the previous variations were not exactly hard to catch.

Time she took responsibility for the mess NSW is in, but that ain't going to happen.

The PM for NSW is still directing most vaccines to them, this is clear by the numbers. The irony of this is that the vaccination will only work with low case numbers in the community. We need to get the outbreak under control while vaccinating.

Sydney needs to have 1 set of rules, this bullsh1t of different rules for different parts of Sydney clearly does not work.

The vaccination target would be based on modelling based on previous viruses (SARS COV-1 and the like), overseas experience etc. To claim that the scientists are not using evidence to work this out is just more evidence of a fundamental inability and unwillingness to understand how science works, and how scientists use evidence to make their recommendations. It also shows, as someone mentioned above, a complete lack of understanding of how exponential spread happens and why. Exponential spread leads to overloaded health systems, and our health system has already been under pressure for 18 months.

I just hope we can get the numbers down in Vic and NSW, it can be done, Queensland has a busy border with NSW and has it under control at the moment. Do that, vaccinate, and we can open up. Otherwise opening up means people will get sick an die.

Are those advocating opening up willing to be amongst the dead?

DS

Reactions: 1 user
That there was no pre op Covid test requirement in place in hospitals was a HUGE mistake.

I actually rang up a hospital a month ago to see if I needed to get a Covid test, (expecting to), prior to surgery and were shocked I didn't have to.
Have another surgery scheduled in a couple of weeks so I am expecting this time to be required to have a covid test 72 hours and then isolate prior to surgery, (although haven't been told that yet).

That there was no pre op Covid test requirement in place in hospitals was a HUGE mistake.

I actually rang up a hospital a month ago to see if I needed to get a Covid test, (expecting to), prior to surgery and were shocked I didn't have to.
Have another surgery scheduled in a couple of weeks so I am expecting this time to be required to have a covid test 72 hours and then isolate prior to surgery, (although haven't been told that yet).

Interesting. Last year they did. I know that for sure as I had an operation last December. We had some restrictions but not as hard as now, yet still required the test.

Interesting. Last year they did. I know that for sure as I had an operation last December. We had some restrictions but not as hard as now, yet still required the test.
Yep rakes of complacency and will prove costly with latest Royal Melbourne Hospital cases and 100's of staff being furloughed.

Last edited:
Can anyone translate this. I took away if you are young and very obese your chance of severe covid damage is similar to If you are older. But there are a gazillion words.

Yep rakes of complacency and will prove costly with latest Royal Melbourne Hospital cases and 100's of staff being furloughed.
I think you miss spelt incompetence.

We've been told for ages to assume everyone you walk past has the virus. Yet, the high risk settings that are most needed during this global pandemic, with no doubt the required facilities, haven't conducted the best practice.

Someone, somewhere must have changed the protocol for testing before surgery. Not too far different to where someone, somewhere removed the requirement for aged care workers to work at one facility only. Or, where a "taxi driver" doesn't need to wear a mask while driving pilots around town.

Full house at Anfield no masks? Covid cannot be causing too many issues in UK can it?

Full house at Anfield no masks? Covid cannot be causing too many issues in UK can it?

Seems like they are just keeping a lid on it...

1629633071439.png

People in the UK aren't going to go for wholesale lockdowns again. Bit of a risk given they've only vaxxed 62%.

• Wow
I think you miss spelt incompetence.

We've been told for ages to assume everyone you walk past has the virus. Yet, the high risk settings that are most needed during this global pandemic, with no doubt the required facilities, haven't conducted the best practice.

Someone, somewhere must have changed the protocol for testing before surgery. Not too far different to where someone, somewhere removed the requirement for aged care workers to work at one facility only. Or, where a "taxi driver" doesn't need to wear a mask while driving pilots around town.
Depends on whether it is emergency surgery or elective. Emergency surgery was never a compulsory COVID test for obvious reasons.

There may well have been a breakdown in protocols in relation to this patient but emergency surgery has always been without COVID test if the wait for a test result would put the patient at risk.

Guys great to have an open discussion on this ..and we can agree to disagree and that's fine and still be mate s :)....but yeah I live in a different world its hit hard here .. I guess some ppls minds might change it ever hits hard there as it has here .. and you loose mates to the virus .. Yep lost a good one last week , only saw him 10 days before it got him .. I have lost too many over the last 3 months.. The good news most ppl that I know have recovered. Some still have after-effects of it ..our doctor friend here got it the day before she gave birth . Nearly lost both of them but is recovering..she trained in melb ....oh btw 9 weeks into the alcohol ban here uugg ..no end in site ..

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Depends on whether it is emergency surgery or elective. Emergency surgery was never a compulsory COVID test for obvious reasons.

There may well have been a breakdown in protocols in relation to this patient but emergency surgery has always been without COVID test if the wait for a test result would put the patient at risk.
I did consider the emergency surgery situation before posting.

Areas of RMH were an exposure site on the 9th August.

I don't know if the Shepparton patient came with the virus or left with the virus.

Either way, we're all told to treat everyone we pass as if they have the virus.

Do you know if or how often staff & contractors are systematically tested during a working week?