Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

If they close down cafes and takeaways, I'm not sure I'm trusting Uber eats or menulog drivers to be covid safe enough to bring me my dinner.

I can live without crap food for a week, may even rediscover my culinary skills.
Yeah I don’t use those delivery services. Just go and get it myself usually plus they are the biggest rip off known to man. I once inadvertently followed a link to a Menulog site for a local chicken store. What I wanted to order was $37. Thought it sounded expensive then realised I was on the Menulog site. Checked the store’s own site and it was $24!! 50% mark up!

The 80% vaccinated number to achieve herd immunity has to be total population. In Aus it's 16yo and over who can get vaccinated. When you add the population under 16, I would assume 80% is closer to 65%? Not enough

Reactions: 3 users
So....Gladys is correct, covid is in NSW permanently now. No point doing anymore there really.
They will vaccinate and open when high enough figures. People will get covid, get sick and some die.
That's it for now.
Re Vic, possible to beat this but I doubt it now. Even if we did it will come in from NSW straight away anyway.
So we get vaccinated and open at 80 % and accept sickness and death. That's how it will be.
The other states will stay closed to us until they have good vax figures, will be after more than 80% I am sure.

Assuming this lockdown fails, let's hope we can get vaccinated very fast and enjoy some life.
Looks likely to be around Xmas, but hopefully some loosening of restrictions before then. Non vaccinated people will have to take their chances.
Been saying this for weeks.

Except as a weak suppression exercise , forget about lockdowns, people doing this and that blah blah blah. Wasted energy. Only going to make you frustrated and angry. After 6 lockdowns and the proportion of the population that are ALWAYS going to let everyone else down, it’s pointless focussing too much on the lockdown and restrictions part of Covid. It’s a herding cats exercise.

We can’t control this now via lockdowns so the primary focus should be on absolute urgent vaccination and what the country is or isn’t doing to make it happen.

Reactions: 3 users
Yes but Gladys just said when attacked by a journo, with case numbers getting out of control and the harsh restrictions imposed on LGA's of concern why aren't they imposed state wide, she replied, "yes case numbers are going up but what is important is that vaccine numbers are going up"
Sounds like case numbers are secondary :rolleyes:
She was also thanking fellow state premiers for their
seismic shift in thinking, (read, aligning with her opinion), that you can't defeat Delta, WTF!

Pretty pi55 poor from a Premier who almost laughed at Victoria's plight last year. Now when the state she's in charge of has ben challenged by Covid, has thrown her hands up in the air and given up.

Laughably called "The Woman Who Saved Australia" What a load of "smile"

You Gladys are an absolutely PI55 Weak human being & a FRAUD as a "Leader" Hang your head in shame.

Reactions: 5 users
Pretty pi55 poor from a Premier who almost laughed at Victoria's plight last year. Now when the state she's in charge of has ben challenged by Covid, has thrown her hands up in the air and given up.

Laughably called "The Woman Who Saved Australia" What a load of "smile"

You Gladys are an absolutely PI55 Weak human being & a FRAUD as a "Leader" Hang your head in shame.
Yeah that woman who saved Australia rubbish article aged well didn’t it? It was irrelevant about 3 weeks after it was printed?

Gladys is pathetic. Pissweak is a great description.

Reactions: 1 users
Been saying this for weeks.

Except as a weak suppression exercise , forget about lockdowns, people doing this and that blah blah blah. Wasted energy. Only going to make you frustrated and angry. After 6 lockdowns and the proportion of the population that are ALWAYS going to let everyone else down, it’s pointless focussing too much on the lockdown and restrictions part of Covid. It’s a herding cats exercise.

We can’t control this now via lockdowns so the primary focus should be on absolute urgent vaccination and what the country is or isn’t doing to make it happen.
Yep. Just going around in circles.

Good article about vaccine passports in the US, TLDR basically they've done it all before and it worked.

We still have vaccine passports of a sort, they look like this:

stock-photo-yellow-international-vaccination-record-book-41235517.jpg

I think I still have one around here somewhere. I remember getting it a few of decades ago when I went to Africa and needed a Yellow Fever vaccine if I wanted to re-enter Australia on the way home.

What is the problem?

Do we really want all these diseases in Australia? Would everyone be fine with relaxing animal quarantine and introducing rabies to Australia?

It is simple public health, we need people to be vaccinated to stop the spread.

DS

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah that woman who saved Australia rubbish article aged well didn’t it? It was irrelevant about 3 weeks after it was printed?

Gladys is pathetic. Pissweak is a great description.
Actually the only leader in the country with half a brain. Nothing n no-one was ever going to stop this virus. Manage as best as possible and minimise the harm, but learn to live with it. Same as most of the rest of the world is trying to do. Except of course for half a handful of State dictators struggling with their God complexes.

Reactions: 1 user
Actually the only leader in the country with half a brain. Nothing n no-one was ever going to stop this virus. Manage as best as possible and minimise the harm, but learn to live with it. Same as most of the rest of the world is trying to do. Except of course for half a handful of State dictators struggling with their God complexes.

Yeah half a brain given half the country and NZ is now in lockdown since we have a zero/suppression strategy at the moment. Any chance we had of halving less lockdowns she killed.

You get to pick an overrun hospital system or a lockdown at the moment. Nothing to do with god complexes.

Her end game is fine and we need to accelerate vaccination.

Yeah half a brain given half the country and NZ is now in lockdown since we have a zero/suppression strategy at the moment. Any chance we had of halving less lockdowns she killed.

You get to pick an overrun hospital system or a lockdown at the moment. Nothing to do with god complexes.

Her end game is fine and we need to accelerate vaccination.
Ain't been a lock down anywhere in the world that has worked to stop this virus over the last 18 months, as soon as the doors open it steps back in.

Ain't actually any of our hospital systems been over run as yet. All state Govt's supposedly ramped up our hospital capacities to enable them to cope when the virus first started, maybe they shut down all the extra unused capacity because they never needed it in the first place.

Yep we need to accelerate vaccination and learn to live with the fact that the old Coroner, just like hundreds of other viruses, diseases n man made stupidity kills some people at times.

Ain't been a lock down anywhere in the world that has worked to stop this virus over the last 18 months, as soon as the doors open it steps back in.

Ain't actually any of our hospital systems been over run as yet. All state Govt's supposedly ramped up our hospital capacities to enable them to cope when the virus first started, maybe they shut down all the extra unused capacity because they never needed it in the first place.

Yep we need to accelerate vaccination and learn to live with the fact that the old Coroner, just like hundreds of other viruses, diseases n man made stupidity kills some people at times.
Will agree with you 100%, once everyone that qualifies for vaccination has a chance to be fully vaccinated. Hopefully that’s in a few months time.

It starts with quarantine. Not one outbreak from Howard Springs?
A golden opportunity missed.