Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

This is happening in Melbourne now. Who are these individuals? Most selfish smiles I can think of.

The time has come for serious action for these wilful and deliberate breaches. Wilful and deliberate endangering of public health.

Lock them up. The authorities have a duty to protect the citizens of Victoria; those citizens that are doing the right thing. If they continue to let people get away with this *smile* they are as negligent as anyone.

Time for Dan and his mates to really step up. This is incorrigible behaviour from these people and needs to be dealt with seriously.

Reactions: 3 users
If surfaces are so dangerous why isn’t the virus more rampant? Supermarkets haven’t closed. If surfaces were a big source of transmission the virus would be everywhere
It isn't about surfaces, it is about it staying in the air, waiting to be inhaled by others.

Cafes and takeaway food stores need to be shutdown for at least a week. IMO only those with drive thru service can stay open. At least these allow some form of distancing. I wouldn’t be opposed to those closing as well.

But no over the counter service should be allowed to see if we can get a handle on this.

Reactions: 2 users
So 61 today plus additional 16 in Shepparton that will be counted in tomorrow’s figures?

The 39 people not in isolation is the concerning number. These are numbers like we saw in Sydney before it exploded.
Yes that’s what we have to stop. The 16 is what they have already found after the cutoff last night

Concerning

The time has come for serious action for these wilful and deliberate breaches. Wilful and deliberate endangering of public health.

Lock them up. The authorities have a duty to protect the citizens of Victoria; those citizens that are doing the right thing. If they continue to let people get away with this *smile* they are as negligent as anyone.

Time for Dan and his mates to really step up. This is incorrigible behaviour from these people and needs to be dealt with seriously.
There are also stories of people in Emergency departments refusing to be tested and refusing to wear a mask.
Very difficult situation to deal with

There are also stories of people in Emergency departments refusing to be tested and refusing to wear a mask.
Very difficult situation to deal with
Should assume they are mentally unstable and a threat to themselves and people around them. Straightjacket time.

Reactions: 1 users
I read recently of some religious nut jobs in the US who believe the vaccine passport is the “sign of the beast” in Revelation. Evidently it says something in the book of Revelation that those not wearing the sign of the beast will be prohibited from being able to buy and sell. So a vaccine passport limiting access to shops is the sign of the beast.

The world is coming to an end evidently

they update their "sign of the beast" marker every decade or so, used to be the US social security number.

Reactions: 1 user
Cafes and takeaway food stores need to be shutdown for at least a week. IMO only those with drive thru service can stay open. At least these allow some form of distancing. I wouldn’t be opposed to those closing as well.

But no over the counter service should be allowed to see if we can get a handle on this.

Maybe they need to move to delivery only services right now to try to reduce mobility?

Maybe they need to move to delivery only services right now to try to reduce mobility?
If they close down cafes and takeaways, I'm not sure I'm trusting Uber eats or menulog drivers to be covid safe enough to bring me my dinner.

I can live without crap food for a week, may even rediscover my culinary skills.

So....Gladys is correct, covid is in NSW permanently now. No point doing anymore there really.
They will vaccinate and open when high enough figures. People will get covid, get sick and some die.
That's it for now.
Re Vic, possible to beat this but I doubt it now. Even if we did it will come in from NSW straight away anyway.
So we get vaccinated and open at 80 % and accept sickness and death. That's how it will be.
The other states will stay closed to us until they have good vax figures, will be after more than 80% I am sure.

Assuming this lockdown fails, let's hope we can get vaccinated very fast and enjoy some life.
Looks likely to be around Xmas, but hopefully some loosening of restrictions before then. Non vaccinated people will have to take their chances.

• Sad
825 in NSW

Yes but Gladys just said when attacked by a journo, with case numbers getting out of control and the harsh restrictions imposed on LGA's of concern why aren't they imposed state wide, she replied, "yes case numbers are going up but what is important is that vaccine numbers are going up"
Sounds like case numbers are secondary :rolleyes:
She was also thanking fellow state premiers for their
seismic shift in thinking, (read, aligning with her opinion), that you can't defeat Delta, WTF!

• Wow
Yes but Gladys just said when attacked by a journo, with case numbers getting out of control and the harsh restrictions imposed on LGA's of concern why aren't they imposed state wide, she replied, "yes case numbers are going up but what is important is that vaccine numbers are going up"
I know which horse I'm backing.