Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

everyone is going to end up with Covid.
Of course they are. The goal is to stop the health care system from collapsing.
Vaccines might have stopped that from happening. Bar that lockdowns & closed borders are all we have.

Agree that the exemptions are *smile* though.

The anit-lockdown brigade are going to have a field day if the Vic numbers hit triple figures.

They already are & it's part of the problem.

Told the same . Exercise to be banned from tomorrow. Child Care completely shut down . Borders bring reinforced tonight . Glad I don’t live there anymore. Stay safe people !
The Hun says all sports to be banned.

Easy, it is called "stopping people from roaming far and wide to buy knick-knacks (spelling?) or just roaming around to kill some time.

As has been proven, Delta can stay "alive" indoors for days, up to 48 hours I believe. Also, if it wasn't a concern, why would retail shut up shop and go through deep cleaning after even a casual contact goes through?
If surfaces are so dangerous why isn’t the virus more rampant? Supermarkets haven’t closed. If surfaces were a big source of transmission the virus would be everywhere

Said previously...far far too many people are out and about.
Everyone to be confined to home for ten days.
No one to work or go out bar emergency workers, vax or test. Nothing else.
Stay home order.
Can be done. We do it every Easter Friday, do it for ten days.
If not, we will not catch this and will be locked down in misery for three more months.
Hate to say it, but Gladys may be proven right in the end if we cannot stop this. No way out bar vax everyone.

Personally I am really fed up and pessimistic.
Nearly 7 months of home detention.
I am 65 and not enjoying life .
Can't see anyone or do anything.
I have family 1 km away I cannot see and I live 60 ks from the CBD but locked down.
Really fed up. Time to let those vaccinated out and each person when able to be vaccinated to get out too.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Said previously...far far too many people are out and about.
Everyone to be confined to home for ten days.
No one to work or go out bar emergency workers, vax or test. Nothing else.
Stay home order.
Can be done. We do it every Easter Friday, do it for ten days.
If not, we will not catch this and will be locked down in misery for three more months.
Hate to say it, but Gladys may be proven right in the end if we cannot stop this. No way out bar vax everyone.

Personally I am really fed up and pessimistic.
Nearly 7 months of home detention.
I am 65 and not enjoying life .
Can't see anyone or do anything.
I have family 1 km away I cannot see and I live 60 ks from the CBD but locked down.
Really fed up. Time to let those vaccinated out and each person when able to be vaccinated to get out too.
I understand what you are saying and I hope the Government gets this balancing act right. I’m fully vaccinated for weeks, and I’m desperately hoping that we continue to vaccinate in record numbers so we have a chance to be all opened by the start of December.

Reactions: 1 users
If surfaces are so dangerous why isn’t the virus more rampant? Supermarkets haven’t closed. If surfaces were a big source of transmission the virus would be everywhere
Surface transmission has certainly proven to be a non factor. Unfortunately air borne far worse with Delta

GP’s in Victoria are starting to do a lot more doses than the State Run Hubs in Victoria. This is a huge positive. Hasn’t been happening in Victoria until now. Hopefully we can even push further numbers through the state hubs with them opening up for more hours.
Is it going to take Vic to get cases into hundreds for us to get vaccine rates up? I'm sorry to say it again but NSw are smashing Vic in every category. Whilst lockdown buys us time everyone is agreeing vaccine is the only way out.
Whether it's true or not Dan cannot be saying in press conferences " I don't know if the vaccine is here or not" that is creating the impression don't bother trying to book., there's shortages etc. Even his govt were saying there were 26000 appts available this week.
Weimar has to be told testing or vaccine portfolio. Take your pick. Someone else gets the other job. Maybe even split testing and tracing I don't see any linkage. Too important for one man/ person to oversee all three. (Just on that Vic is only big state with all bloke covid team)
Might be time to replace some key leaders in the public service. Sutton for one. No shame but they are being asked to do too much for too long. That's why frontline troops are relieved. Generals are moved on to other objectives.
Politicians aren't trained in crisis management.

Take places like Calder Park, Sandown Race Track etc and turn them into mass drive-thru vaccination sites.

Get pop ups established in low vax areas. Get pharmacists to advertise in their windows. Saturate the media with government and community leader messaging through advertising. And on and on..
Got to work out why nsw GP are doing double Vic's and way more than the State hubs.

Take places like Calder Park, Sandown Race Track etc and turn them into mass drive-thru vaccination sites.

Get pop ups established in low vax areas. Get pharmacists to advertise in their windows. Saturate the media with government and community leader messaging through advertising. And on and on..
Agree with all those ideas.... why not in every dan Murphy's the busiest public place in a lockdown. That's why the govt need leaders dedicated to vaccination only. A sign of a great leader is delegation to the right people. Dan's need to control everything could be his Achilles heel.