Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

that is not the advice we were given, no directions to get a test, DHHS just said they encourage you to get a test

Thats right. Get a test if you have symptoms, no symptoms don't get tested, but if you do get tested, you need to isolate until your results are given back to you.

What about QLD just recently? Quashed a delta outbreak in about 2 weeks with a short sharp lockdown. Proves it can be done if there is a political will to do so.
Qld is an interesting environment. Heard a Qld resident interviewed and he said most people just go home because the shops and bars don't stay open late...is that true? Because the weather is warm most people live and eat outside so there is no congestion inside where the virus might spread between people. Perhaps they just follow the rules better than in VIC and NSW?

There is no one with more political will on the planet than one D Andrews. So we can sit back and relax? Takes more than that.

Yeah of course, but the lockdowns are guaranteed to fail if they're not implemented quickly or effectively. Which is why political will is required.

Qld is an interesting environment. Heard a Qld resident interviewed and he said most people just go home because the shops and bars don't stay open late...is that true? Because the weather is warm most people live and eat outside so there is no congestion inside where the virus might spread between people. Perhaps they just follow the rules better than in VIC and NSW?

You may well be right Tigermike, I don't know much about the behavioural differences from one state to the next, except they definitely have nicer outdoor weather in QLD.

Will be interesting to see how NZ cope over the next week or so. If they manage to quash it then it makes Gladys "live with the virus" rhetoric even more ridiculous.

I meant before we reach a suitable vaccination rate. people are saying we need to live with Covid now, Berejyklian said NSW are learning to live with it.
but no one can actually articulate what that would mean for Australia today.
They should probably re phrase it to learning to die with covid if they think opening up soon is the way to go.

Some of the questions given to Andrews today about learning to live with it when we have low vaccination rates are astounding. Some of these journos need to go back to mid last year when we were getting reports from journos out of Italy and New York showing trucks reversing up to the back of hospitals to transport dead bodies away. Thats what "learning to live with it" right now would entail and I certainly don't want to see that happening anywhere in Australia.

There will be a time where we "live with it" but the PM has ensured that that time is not now.
Yeh there doesn't seem much logic when they are examples of countries opening up with delta with high vaccination rates and then imposing restrictions, I imagine because the health systems are still being overwhelmed?

Opening up with delta and low vaccination rates would appear reckless.

Yeah of course, but the lockdowns are guaranteed to fail if they're not implemented quickly or effectively. Which is why political will is required.

Or if people chose to display no common sense.

Reactions: 1 users
There is no one with more political will on the planet than one D Andrews. So we can sit back and relax? Takes more than that.

This is a great point, whether you love Dan or hate him, or just see him as practical, he is not at all intimidated by being called unpopular, or a dictator, or even "dead" by the more deranged. Contrast that with the wishy-washy afraid to upset people by imposing restrictions of Gladys, or the "everything is fine, relax, gold-standard" bs of the federal government.

But he still needs us to consent and do what we can as individuals/families.

Reactions: 4 users
Never mind I'm sure Morrison will be redirecting those vaccines to Victoria right?

Positive contribution to the national discourse from an unaccountable federal opposition backbencher.

Hill would have shat his bed this morning when he saw the numbers. His electorate is Dandenong and surrounds which were hit hard last year and Hill needs to deflect the blame if Andrews lets the virus reach there again.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
One of the positives at the Broadmeadows daycare centre had symptoms for 9 days. Efn selfish morons

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user