Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Australia Post site in Sunshine West. Massive facility with hundreds of workers. With wastewater detected in the region, a popup site has been set up on site and every staff member has been asked to take a test. Great initative IMO.
Very good of Aussie Post to be open to that.

Her lies are really getting to me now.

Constantly repeating "Delta is nothing like we have ever seen before in Australia", doesn't make it true.

Reactions: 3 users

Constantly repeating "Delta is nothing like we have ever seen before in Australia", doesn't make it true.

Yep she is living in a different reality. She just won’t own that she could have done something earlier. If she did everyone could move on.

Reactions: 1 user
So reactive. Getting ultra defensive now. Answering every question seems difficult for her.

“I won’t have anyone say we didn’t do everything we could”.

That’s what most people think but she refuses to hear it.

I mean seriously thinking 100% of the people will obey the rules is wilful ignorance or stupidity.

The Chief commissioner in NSW just put his foot in it.

He said something like, if I had told you on the initial outbreak that I was putting a curfew in, then you would have gone at me (or something like that).

So essentially, all this talk about the "health advice" is as again *smile*, because they are making the decisions reactively based on how much flak they receive. Great leadership.

Reactions: 2 users
Melbourne has lost the handle on it now. We will be locked down with a curfew until we hit the 80% target.

• Sad
Melbourne has lost the handle on it now. We will be locked down with a curfew until we hit the 80% target.
Yes it's very disappointing. We've been locked down for 2 weeks now (or is it 3 weeks I'm losing count) and it is getting worse. Not good signs at all.

On a positive note it won't be long until we hold the title of the most locked down city in the world in the pandemic (judged by number of days in lockdown). Yay us!

The Chief commissioner in NSW just put his foot in it.

He said something like, if I had told you on the initial outbreak that I was putting a curfew in, then you would have gone at me (or something like that).

So essentially, all this talk about the "health advice" is as again *smile*, because they are making the decisions reactively based on how much flak they receive. Great leadership.
These people are not 'leaders' by any stretch of the word. Zero accountability and refusing to be honest are not leadership traits. Its a disgrace.

Did he put up a powerpoint slide of a bloke in a suit holding a crowny, having rear-entry intercourse with a lady bent over a typewriter (gender sterotypes deliberate), with a picture of her kids on the desk

with a big red cross beside it?
I was very embarrassed when they didn't pixellate my face.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

rubbish. we won't reach 80% any time soon. not this year, maybe not ever.

we're probably gonna be in lockdown for another month or so from here. But we will supress it eventually.

On a positive note it won't be long until we hold the title of the most locked down city in the world in the pandemic (judged by number of days in lockdown). Yay us!

this narrative shi.ts me tbh. The whole “200 day” announcement yesterday was pathetic and just makes me angry. Is 200 days some sort of achievement? How do you even quantify what constitutes a lockdown and what doesn’t? Different jurisdictions do it differently. Some regions lock down quickly, some do half-arsed lockdowns, and some don’t lockdown at all when they should have.

Think.thats a pretty true statement
Andrews has said it many times. Don't think anyone would debate it whatever your politics. Last year's version was less potent. If we had delta in VIc last year it would have been far worse. And if NSW had to deal with delta last year they would have had 2021 outcomes a year ago

Gladys opens her mouth "*smile*, *smile*, *smile*, *smile*". Any questions????

I read someone (might have been on twitter) describe how you wouldn't know what question Gladys was asked 20 seconds into her answer. Full of spin and BS, just like the PM.

this narrative shi.ts me tbh. The whole “200 day” announcement yesterday was pathetic and just makes me angry. Is 200 days some sort of achievement? How do you even quantify what constitutes a lockdown and what doesn’t? Different jurisdictions do it differently. Some regions lock down quickly, some do half-arsed lockdowns, and some don’t lockdown at all when they should have.

Couldn't agree more Ian, the media were just looking for a reason to dump on Victoria.

Settle down Bin it was tongue in cheek. Yes a Melbourne lockdown is a lot different to a Wuhan lockdown; or a Sydney lockdown!

As much as I hate them the lockdowns have definitely been required and generally managed well. I do have concern that this one is not working as well as we hoped though.

Think.thats a pretty true statement
Andrews has said it many times. Don't think anyone would debate it whatever your politics. Last year's version was less potent. If we had delta in VIc last year it would have been far worse. And if NSW had to deal with delta last year they would have had 2021 outcomes a year ago

What about QLD just recently? Quashed a delta outbreak in about 2 weeks with a short sharp lockdown. Proves it can be done if there is a political will to do so.

Reactions: 3 users
there is a lot of talk about "living with Covid", but has anyone actually articulated what that means?
Aren't there examples OS of what living with covid looks like? Israel/UK? Or there will be examples in those countries that are learning to live with covid?

How many deaths of fully vaccinated people have occurred in countries with delta? And what are the age groups etc?