Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

I have a theory about the mystery cases. If we are getting so many positive day 13 tests, what is the possibility many people doing 14 days Iso are turning a negative test on day 13, but turning positive a few days later after they have been released into the community? Then infecting others?

Seeing that the day 13 positive numbers are so high, I would like the close contacts involved in the original outbreak (Al Taqwa, etc) to spend a few extra days in Iso and maybe pass a day 17 test to make sure.

Another thing they need to do is do a test on day 7. because if they are negative on day 7, but positive on day 13, then they are probably still infectious. But if they are positive on day 7, and still positive on day 13, that would mean they have passed their infectious period and less of a threat (I hope that makes sense). It just feels insufficient to only have 2 tests.

Numbers aren’t great today. A lot due to the 13 day test.

number will be over 60.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Awesome outcome. Except you might have to do it later to meet compliance obligations.
I knew my corporate life was coming to an end when after having successfully navigated 20 years of office Christmas parties we had to sit and be lectured by a 30 year old on safe party practices.
I miss Christmas parties from the 80s and 90s. Good times.

I have a theory about the mystery cases. If we are getting so many positive day 13 tests, what is the possibility many people doing 14 days Iso are turning a negative test on day 13, but turning positive a few days later after they have been released into the community? Then infecting others?

Seeing that the day 13 positive numbers are so high, I would like the close contacts involved in the original outbreak (Al Taqwa, etc) to spend a few extra days in Iso and maybe pass a day 17 test to make sure.

number will be over 60.
They were reporting late last night that the numbers would be around 20??

Some are.

Letter from health leaders as hospitals in Cornwall at breaking point
Record 5.45 million NHS England patients waiting for routine hospital treatment

UK's at 61% fully vaxxed; we're at 21%. There will be a much higher percentage needing hospital care here.

Plus, NSW is a lot further than a month away from being ready to let it roll.
That 5.45 mill would be back log from 21 months of having general admissions scaled back.

Hospitals here stop non urgent procedures when an outbreak is on.. They always assume the worst will occur and want as few people inside the building and are paranoid about anyone bringing COVId in - look at the draconian visiting rules they enforce.

But if you have a heart attack you will still be admitted. Any one saying you won't is trying to point score.

Numbers today are very bad in Victoria.

57 new cases (55 local) cases and 2 cases from overseas. Only 25 have been in isolation for their entirety of the time they've been infectious.
Starting to lose the battle.

if you haven't, get vaccinated folks.

Presumably the 24 cases that are linked but weren't in iso are contacts linked to some of the mystery cases we've been getting over the last week who were already positive by the time the contact tracers got to them.

57 new cases (55 local) cases and 2 cases from overseas. Only 25 have been in isolation for their entirety of the time they've been infectious.

We. Are. *smile*.

• Sad

*smile* that's ugly. I posted about this yesterday. Sydney hovered around these numbers for a few weeks before exploding. My concern is that we will do the same and the last 2 days have only heightened that concern.

Over 40 positive cases not in isolation in a 2 day period. We are in big trouble.

Reactions: 1 users

While all those kids and families from the kindergarten have to do a double quarantine due to the teacher refusing to test. There are no consequences for the teacher under the law. There would be socially. But there needs to be consequences under the law. You will soon get nutjobs who have Covid go and try to be a super spreader and then refuse to be tested so that everyone has to go in ISO for 28 days.

Change the law now.
We were talking about this person at work yesterday. Look, I can kind of understand people who don't want to get a vaccine. The whole idea of injecting something bioengineered and foreign into one's body is something some people just can't get over. I'm not on this page myself, nor are most of us regarding the vaccine. But some people do think this way. I accept that.

But to not take a COVID test? It's bizarre behaviour. It's only a test where they tickle the inside of your nose briefly. Less onerous and invasive than something as benign as getting the optometrist to check your sight every so often. One of my colleagues was going down the line of, "What a selfish person, needs to be locked in prison." etc. etc. But I took a different line. I'm doubting this person's mental stability. Surely she is simply just nuts? I can't think of any other reasoning. And someone that mentally unstable, should they really be considered capable and safe to be in command of a class of children?

Apparently they just want Australia to use the name that is used everywhere else; for consistency. It's a product name they use; can't remember what it's called.
The AstraZeneca vaccine will now be called Vaxzevria

While all those kids and families from the kindergarten have to do a double quarantine due to the teacher refusing to test. There are no consequences for the teacher under the law. There would be socially. But there needs to be consequences under the law. You will soon get nutjobs who have Covid go and try to be a super spreader and then refuse to be tested so that everyone has to go in ISO for 28 days.

Change the law now.
Happy to be corrected but i dont think the kids and families will need to do 28 days. close contacts need to isolate for 14 days from possible exposure, there is no reason they would need to isolate for longer just because the possible exposure isnt confirmed.

The person who wont test will need 28 days though, maybe it should be 128?

Happy to be corrected but i dont think the kids and families will need to do 28 days. close contacts need to isolate for 14 days from possible exposure, there is no reason they would need to isolate for longer just because the possible exposure isnt confirmed.

The person who wont test will need 28 days though, maybe it should be 128?

I read the below and it states that 50 families will need to do a double ISO. This is just plain cruel. Poor kids and their families.

Bunker down Australia. We are heading into the abyss that Scott Morrison always had us heading down: an unvaccinated country with en mssse breakouts, despite having massive vaccine production capability and being an island nation.

Forget about rule breakers, teachers, playgrounds, fines, borders whatever. None of that is as important as the “race” to vaccinate is.

What are we at ? 28% ?

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
I read the below and it states that 50 families will need to do a double ISO. This is just plain cruel. Poor kids and their families.

it that reported anywhere other than that junk "news" site?

Bunker down Australia. We are heading into the abyss that Scott Morrison always had us heading down: an unvaccinated country with en mssse breakouts, despite having massive vaccine production capability and being an island nation.

Forget about rule breakers, teachers, playgrounds, fines, borders whatever. None of that is as important as the “race” to vaccinate is.

What are we at ? 28% ?
Better measure is the 1st dose rate.
With big up takes of vax last month end of Sept or mid Oct will be an excellent measure

AZ takes 3 mths b/w jabs.

6wks b/w pfzr jabs.

During that period of huge hesitancy on AZ & add QLD health official carrying on about AZ that figure being touted is indicative of months ago. Now AZ considered ok.

Great news though 2 wks Pfzr available to the young. My son has decided to get jab now. Didnt want AZ.