Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Vaccine rollout will open to 16-39yos on August 30 according to Scomo. I assume this is for Pfizer and maybe Moderna if it has started arriving (given AZ is already available for that age group). Anyone know for sure here?
From PRE endorsed Guardian website

Australians aged 16-39 to be eligible for vaccines from 30 August​

Turning to Covid, Scott Morrison notes what I mentioned earlier about one in two of eligible Australians now having one dose, and announces that from 30 August, cabinet has decided to open up the vaccine program for 16- to 39-year-olds from 30 August.
He tells people not to book yet, because the government will advise when bookings will be available:
It isn’t today. Not today. We will advise when the time will come over the course of the next week. But advising you, it has been a question put to me for some time as when we’d bring that 16- to 39-year-olds forward. The question is usually about 20- to 39-year-olds but we decided to go all the way through the 16-year-olds to 39-year-olds, some 8.6 million Australians in the group.

Reactions: 2 users
Yep. And Harvey Norman, and Officeworks and the Reject Shop.

So much for caring about the health and safety for the people of NSW hey...
The only relevant question is have these sites been sources of transmission? Are people giving it to other shoppers? If they are then there needs to be action taken. If not, what logical/scientific reason should there be to shut them down?

If staff are giving it to each other that would also be a reason to close them.

The only relevant question is have these sites been sources of transmission? Are people giving it to other shoppers? If they are then there needs to be action taken. If not, what logical/scientific reason should there be to shut them down?

If staff are giving it to each other that would also be a reason to close them.
I think the store closures are more about keeping people off the streets...reduce incentive to wander around in public.

However there are some ridiculous incongruities. Newsagents can stay open, and if they have a lotto counter that can operate.

In my local IGA there is a lotto desk completely inside the supermarket; in fact which you stand next to the booth to scan QR code. I can buy a newspaper 5m away from the counter. But this lotto,outlet is closed every lockdown.

So selling powerball tickets is essential in one building but not another. also gives me a reason to travel further than I would to waste my money. (One lotto bloke cleans up the other goes backwards for no logical or health reason)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Scary article in the SMH today projecting that at present rates, and with some 4000 unlinked mystery cases NSW, they will hit 2200 cases a day within the next month.

Berejiklian is desperately trying to out run the the virus via vaccination now.
It's spiralling out of control but nobody wants to say it. Hospitals will be overrun.

Gladys, you monumental failure.

I think the store closures are more about keeping people off the streets...reduce incentive to wander around in public.

However there are some ridiculous incongruities. Newsagents can stay open, and if they have a lotto counter that can operate.
But if you don't catch it wandering around the streets or the beach what is the issue?

I understand that means people will have an excuse for being on the road - such as I've just turned 50 and I'm getting a new letterbox so I can receive my poo kit is actually code for I'm a bit backed up and am visiting lay down Sally on Grey St - but the focus needs to be on where the virus is getting transmitted. Dobbing people in for doing the wrong thing (home visits) should be incentivised & rewarded.

Are hospitals in England being over run? A few pages back somene stated they are still having over 20,000 new cases a day.
Less than approx 700 per day hospitalised in England.

17 yo son wanted to get vaccinated.

sitting in lockdown, watching the news telling us theres only one way out.

so he rings the hotline

'your 17 so you need a gp consult'

so he rings a gp and does a phone consult. I got him to put it on speaker and I listened in.

doc: what can i do for you
Boy: i want to get vaccinated against covid
Doc: your 17, you cant. Theres no pfizer and you cant have AZ
Boy: um, right. Um ... i dont care which brand.
Doc: yeah you cant yet. bye.

all over in 60 seconds.

what a *smile* circus.

a *smile* *smile* crap *smile* circus

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 3 users
Less than approx 700 per day hospitalised in England.
700 still seems like a lot though, unless there is that many leaving hospital having recovered.

Are hospitals in England being over run? A few pages back somene stated they are still having over 20,000 new cases a day.
Some are.

Letter from health leaders as hospitals in Cornwall at breaking point
Record 5.45 million NHS England patients waiting for routine hospital treatment

UK's at 61% fully vaxxed; we're at 21%. There will be a much higher percentage needing hospital care here.

Plus, NSW is a lot further than a month away from being ready to let it roll.

Reactions: 1 users
Some are.

Letter from health leaders as hospitals in Cornwall at breaking point
Record 5.45 million NHS England patients waiting for routine hospital treatment

UK's at 61% fully vaxxed; we're at 21%. There will be a much higher percentage needing hospital care here.

Plus, NSW is a lot further than a month away from being ready to let it roll.
Heard earlier in the week as they were interviewing a lady from St Geoge hospital?? off memory, they are coping at the moment. Covoid cases were 10% of incoming patients but she did note if hospitalizations increased they will begin to struggle

But if you don't catch it wandering around the streets or the beach what is the issue?

I understand that means people will have an excuse for being on the road - such as I've just turned 50 and I'm getting a new letterbox so I can receive my poo kit is actually code for I'm a bit backed up and am visiting lay down Sally on Grey St - but the focus needs to be on where the virus is getting transmitted. Dobbing people in for doing the wrong thing (home visits) should be incentivised & rewarded.

Part of it is also about creating a standard and easy message to deliver.

Look at NSW, I'm certain some of their issues are down to the complicated and mixed messaging around what businesses / establishments can remain open but others can't.

Part of it is also about creating a standard and easy message to deliver.

Look at NSW, I'm certain some of their issues are down to the complicated and mixed messaging around what businesses / establishments can remain open but others can't.
Why should you need the government to tell you to stay the *smile* away from visiting people? What a dumb batch of dimwits we are when we need some dingbat career public servant to tell us how to stay alive. I’m always happy though when we do keep dimwits from doing themselves harm, it means there’s less competition out there.

Why should you need the government to tell you to stay the *smile* away from visiting people? What a dumb batch of dimwits we are when we need some dingbat career public servant to tell us how to stay alive. I’m always happy though when we do keep dimwits from doing themselves harm, it means there’s less competition out there.
Yep, it’s that phenomenon that contributes to an army of bureaucrats being employed to navel gaze to the nth degree as to what “communication” and “awareness” campaigns need to be foist upon the the masses. You know the type? That are for “educating” the lowest common denominator. So we are all treated as infants and spoken down to in condescending tone. A bit like the “COVID safe sex” public awareness campaign that was commissioned by NSW Health last year.

On that note. I actually have discovered recently one blessing of the COVID situation. That my first COVID injection clashes with a patronising workplace diversity indoctrination seminar. A nice bonus. At least I get to attend the less painful option.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
This is a good explanation for why the majority of people in Israel in serious hospital care have been fully vaccinated and why the vaccine is still very effective.

indirectly it explains why most people in hospital in aus arent fully vaccinated and how this percentage isn’t the correct way to think about how effective the vaccine is.

I think it tells us what’s next.

Separately I think it would be also good to see what other factors combine with covid to make you more likely to get severe conditions if that information is available.

Reactions: 2 users
Numbers aren’t great today. A lot due to the 13 day test.

While all those kids and families from the kindergarten have to do a double quarantine due to the teacher refusing to test. There are no consequences for the teacher under the law. There would be socially. But there needs to be consequences under the law. You will soon get nutjobs who have Covid go and try to be a super spreader and then refuse to be tested so that everyone has to go in ISO for 28 days.

Change the law now.

17 yo son wanted to get vaccinated.

sitting in lockdown, watching the news telling us theres only one way out.

so he rings the hotline

'your 17 so you need a gp consult'

so he rings a gp and does a phone consult. I got him to put it on speaker and I listened in.

doc: what can i do for you
Boy: i want to get vaccinated against covid
Doc: your 17, you cant. Theres no pfizer and you cant have AZ
Boy: um, right. Um ... i dont care which brand.
Doc: yeah you cant yet. bye.

all over in 60 seconds.

what a *smile* circus.

a *smile* *smile* crap *smile* circus
August 30 he is eligible.

Yep, it’s that phenomenon that contributes to an army of bureaucrats being employed to navel gaze to the nth degree as to what “communication” and “awareness” campaigns need to be foist upon the the masses. You know the type? That are for “educating” the lowest common denominator. So we are all treated as infants and spoken down to in condescending tone. A bit like the “COVID safe sex” public awareness campaign that was commissioned by NSW Health last year.

On that note. I actually have discovered recently one blessing of the COVID situation. That my first COVID injection clashes with a patronising workplace diversity indoctrination seminar. A nice bonus. At least I get to attend the less painful option.
Awesome outcome. Except you might have to do it later to meet compliance obligations.
I knew my corporate life was coming to an end when after having successfully navigated 20 years of office Christmas parties we had to sit and be lectured by a 30 year old on safe party practices.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Awesome outcome. Except you might have to do it later to meet compliance obligations.
I knew my corporate life was coming to an end when after having successfully navigated 20 years of office Christmas parties we had to sit and be lectured by a 30 year old on safe party practices.
Might be sick with delayed after effects of the immunisation that day.