Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Back from getting tested (not related to St Kilda) reinforced my impression that there is a lot more traffic on arterial roads this year than last years lockdown. in depths of last year middle of day was like Sunday mornings in the 70s. Peak hours now is congested. Hardly objective but anyone else see the same?

Do we have a lot more essential workers in 2021?

I go for rides on my bicycles and try to do this at least a few days a week, so I see the traffic first hand. Bit more limited when we have the 5KM limit.

The very first lockdown was the quietest, there was no 5KM limit in that lockdown so I rode into the city and it was really dead. The traffic is clearly lighter than it usually is, and by a substantial amount, but it is not as quiet as it was last year. I still see a gap between the groupds of cars aligning to each traffic light sequence, not something we saw before COVID, but there are a fair number of cars out there. It is noticeable that there are few, if any, vehicles after curfew - which is why curfew works.

The above post of Raf Epstein's tweet is simply astounding. How can someone working across 2 workplaces refuse a COVID Test? So selfish, any anyway, it is a test, what's the problem?

Redford, I reckon we are going harder than NSW on the lockdown restrictions, less shops open, a curfew and none of this mucking around with LGAs, the whole of Melbourne is locked down. Hard to think of how we could go harder. We went hard and early, hopefully it will work but the constant threat at the moment is cases coming in from plague infested NSW.

DS

Reactions: 1 user
Redford, I reckon we are going harder than NSW on the lockdown restrictions, less shops open, a curfew and none of this mucking around with LGAs, the whole of Melbourne is locked down. Hard to think of how we could go harder. We went hard and early, hopefully it will work but the constant threat at the moment is cases coming in from plague infested NSW.

DS
No, that's what I'm saying David. We've gone harder and quicker than NSW so our opportunity or breathing space re vaccination as an escape route is greater than NSW's. But it wont last forever. I don't think we can control this latest outbreak via traditional lockdown methods but our proper action regardless has kept us from exploding - but only for now. Eventually it will get on top of us if we dont get mass vaccination. NSW has played an incredibly dangerous game.

This needs to be highlighted more in the media. I can’t see how this person can keep their role as the parents will know who it is and will complain or worse.

Such a selfish idiot.
The answer that Dan Andrews gave in relation to this was very disappointing.

States he hasn’t been briefed on this. And the last comment was let’s not focus on people that won’t be tested. Not good enough. Need to give them large fines. If you don’t breath test you get done for drink driving.

The answer that Dan Andrews gave in relation to this was very disappointing.

States he hasn’t been briefed on this. And the last comment was let’s not focus on people that won’t be tested. Not good enough. Need to give them large fines. If you don’t breath test you get done for drink driving.

so they did ask this question? i must have switched off by then. i guess he has to play it with a straight bat, but all I wanted to know is whether or not this rumour is true. Did he confirm it at all? I will ask my neighbour about it when her Iso ends.

so they did ask this question? i must have switched off by then. i guess he has to play it with a straight bat, but all I wanted to know is whether or not this rumour is true. Did he confirm it at all? I will ask my neighbour about it when her Iso ends.
Didn’t confirm. Stated that he hadn’t been briefed. Said everyone should do their duty and get themselves tested. But then moved on by saying he doesn’t want to talk about people not getting tested.

What does that mean - "day 13 positives"? Why weren't they recorded earlier?
Close contacts of confirmed cases need to be test straight away, then if they test negative they are tested again on day 13 of their isolation, if they test negative again they are allowed out.

Close contacts of confirmed cases need to be test straight away, then if they test negative they are tested again on day 13 of their isolation, if they test negative again they are allowed out.
So these people are new cases that had previously tested negative? IF they test positive on day 13 do they stay in isolation for another 14 days? Hopefully they don't affect others standing in the queue waiting to be tested.

So these people are new cases that had previously tested negative? IF they test positive on day 13 do they stay in isolation for another 14 days? Hopefully they don't affect others standing in the queue waiting to be tested.

Correct, previously negative. Now positive. I believe that anyone that tests positive has to isolate for 14 days from that day, so yes they would need to isolate for another 2 weeks.

Yep. They don't affect others in the queue to get tested - it's been a requirement for over a year that if you are isolating, you must have a test on day 13 to exit the isolation period. If you test positive, then you must undergo another 14 days of isolation, and receive another test at the second day 13.

I am not sure it is a mandatory 14 days for everyone who tests positive. I think it is more to do with symptoms, which they equate to infectiousness.

Victoria needs to start going as hard as NSW while it can. In the "race" against the virus, due to its lockdown strategy, it has an opportunity. NSW's opportunity is narrow. Ours is greater but it wont last forever. Andrews and Weimar and Sutton need to talk as much about people vaccinating as they do testing and adhering to lockdown restrictions.
I had written then deleted in the earlier post that I am surprised that Weimar has charge of the vaccination rollout too. To me that exercise is vastly different in nature and scale than tracing and testing And worthy of its own Commander. Weimar was a great addition to the public facing team.

Thinking back over my working life any business would seperate responsibility and resource two teams for such disparate projects.

Where I got tested today, a relatively new clinic where they have thrown up tent in the Carpark to do tests (total time under 20 mins ) and if I needed a vaccine I could have had an apt at 1.20. Seems to me if you want AZ there is no shortage of sources no matter what Albanese is telling us.

Vaccine rollout will open to 16-39yos on August 30 according to Scomo. I assume this is for Pfizer and maybe Moderna if it has started arriving (given AZ is already available for that age group). Anyone know for sure here?

Precious little data on this.
Why? Surely the whole point of contact tracing is to identify the contact someone caught it from. And identify who they have then had contact with.

I want to know how many are catching it from their local Bunnings whilst shopping (which I believe is probably zero) and how many have actually caught it from the cousin or friend when they visited them in contravention of the rules.

Is the main risk at the local Bunnings the staff transmission (which I imagine it is)?

The more information about transmission the better choices people can make. Although I suppose if most people are catching it doing the wrong thing then perhaps they will continue to do it regardless of the risks.

Reactions: 1 users
Why? Surely the whole point of contact tracing is to identify the contact someone caught it from. And identify who they have then had contact with.

I want to know how many are catching it from their local Bunnings whilst shopping (which I believe is probably zero) and how many have actually caught it from the cousin or friend when they visited them in contravention of the rules.

Is the main risk at the local Bunnings the staff transmission (which I imagine it is)?

The more information about transmission the better choices people can make. Although I suppose if most people are catching it doing the wrong thing then perhaps they will continue to do it regardless of the risks.
Exactly. Said this a few pages back. Lets hear HOW the virus is transmitting i.e. circumstances and environment and not just where positive cases have been i.e. the basic location.

Reactions: 1 users