Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Never said that. I suppose u wont let er rip on yr constant baggin on other pollies. But hey lets not let hypocrasy get in the way of those glasses u wear
Gimme one reason why I shouldn’t bag the *** out of an incompetent PM that can’t vaccinate the country and a NSW Premier that’s wilfully sold her state and country down the river.

They're your “hero’s” are they ? Take the glasses off.

Reactions: 2 users
Gimme one reason why I shouldn’t bag the *** out of an incompetent PM that can’t vaccinate the country and a NSW Premier that’s sold wilfully sold her state and country down the river.

They're your “hero’s” are they ?
nope. U can chk my post if u like to nitpik. Have a few drinks and indulge yr self. Have some fun, or, just slip those glasses back on

nope. U can chk my post if u like to nitpik. Have a few drinks and indulge yr self. Have some fun, or, just slip those glasses back on
I’ve never considered Andrews anything super on any front to do with Covid. Go find a post where I have.

However, where Morrison and Berejiklian are concerned, they’re a combination of extended incompetence and wilful negligence.

This is the future, vaccinated or not.

Israel tightens restrictions as cases leap (paywalled)

New restrictions aimed at curbing the spread of Covid-19 took effect in Israel on Wednesday, after the largely vaccinated country saw the highest daily infection rate since January.

The measures, announced on Sunday, require vaccination certificates or negative coronavirus tests to enter a range of public spaces, including restaurants and bars, cultural and sports venues, hotels and gyms, the health ministry said.

The same applies to worshippers wishing to enter synagogues, mosques or churches with more than 50 people in attendance.

In addition, the capacity of stores, shopping malls and industrial parks will be limited to one person per seven square metres.

After its launch last December, Israel’s widely praised vaccination drive helped to drastically bring down infections.

But that trend has since reversed, driven by the spread of the more contagious Delta variant of the virus, with restrictions that were lifted in June reimposed since July.

In recent weeks, the state has begun administering booster shots to Israelis aged 50 and over, while urging anyone aged 12 and older to get vaccinated.

About one million Israelis have not been vaccinated even though they are eligible.

According to the health ministry, more than 8700 people tested positive for coronavirus on Tuesday, the highest number for a single day since January.

Prime Minister Naftali Bennett has been imploring Israelis to get vaccinated, warning of a possible lockdown that could affect the Jewish high holidays next month unless inoculation numbers rise.

Israel210818jpg.jpg

Yes Md jazz.
Around 48 tomorrow.
A few homeless people but most are students who have been isolating and have been waiting for results since Tuesday apparently.
Going to sound worse than what it is.
Who knows.

New restrictions aimed at curbing the spread of Covid-19 took effect in Israel on Wednesday, after the largely vaccinated country saw the highest daily infection rate since January.

The measures, announced on Sunday, require vaccination certificates or negative coronavirus tests to enter a range of public spaces, including restaurants and bars, cultural and sports venues, hotels and gyms, the health ministry said.

The same applies to worshippers wishing to enter synagogues, mosques or churches with more than 50 people in attendance.

In addition, the capacity of stores, shopping malls and industrial parks will be limited to one person per seven square metres.

After its launch last December, Israel’s widely praised vaccination drive helped to drastically bring down infections.

But that trend has since reversed, driven by the spread of the more contagious Delta variant of the virus, with restrictions that were lifted in June reimposed since July.

In recent weeks, the state has begun administering booster shots to Israelis aged 50 and over, while urging anyone aged 12 and older to get vaccinated.

About one million Israelis have not been vaccinated even though they are eligible.

According to the health ministry, more than 8700 people tested positive for coronavirus on Tuesday, the highest number for a single day since January.

Prime Minister Naftali Bennett has been imploring Israelis to get vaccinated, warning of a possible lockdown that could affect the Jewish high holidays next month unless inoculation numbers rise.

View attachment 13107
I wonder though if that’s not as much a lot of provisional measures as they get into a rhythm of regular vaccination and living with the virus. I expect every country will have to do something similar. France is heading down those sorts of paths. Some US states are looking at some of those measures.

I wonder though if that’s not as much a lot of provisional measures as they get into a rhythm of regular vaccination and living with the virus. I expect every country will have to do something similar. France is heading down those sorts of paths. Some US states are looking at some of those measures.
I don't think it's great news given they're using Pfizer exclusively. One source says over half the new cases are fully vaccinated. They're giving a third "booster" dose to 50yo's and over because their studies show vaccine protection falling in those vaccinated early.

Their vaccination push has stalled after they were quick out of the blocks. Over 80% of over 40's have had two doses, but only 60% overall after being at 50% five months ago.

All points to needing better vaccines before we can think about returning to normality.

I don't think it's great news given they're using Pfizer exclusively. One source says over half the new cases are fully vaccinated. They're giving a third "booster" dose to 50yo's and over because their studies show vaccine protection falling in those vaccinated early.

Their vaccination push has stalled after they were quick out of the blocks. Over 80% of over 40's have had two doses, but only 60% overall after being at 50% five months ago.

All points to needing better vaccines before we can think about returning to normality.
Yeah but at least it’s not the efficacy on its own that’s in question it’s the period of it.

I read about this a couple of weeks ago and the guts of it was weakened defense to receiving the virus for the most early of adopters (many with other medical conditions) but still very effective in preventing death and serious sickness, although yes, weakened on that front as well.

Wonder where AZ sits in comparison for length of efficacy.

One thing, Israel is the worlds best data model. It’ll be an interesting watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I’ve never considered Andrews anything super on any front to do with Covid. Go find a post where I have.

However, where Morrison and Berejiklian are concerned, they’re a combination of extended incompetence and wilful negligence.
fair enough.

Wilful? nah, not imo. She made one crucial mistake how I saw it, said it recently. Watching what was unfolding I can understand she tried her successful measures of last year b4 Delta, but after a few weeks it didnt work & no's climbing. Shldve gone harder on lockdowns.
Her biggest F-up was the PPE of the limo driver. After a yr plus of CV19 in Aust, how the F that happened does my head in. I get mistakes as we adjust and learn, but that was bad. No brainer !!

Also heard Vic had 40 cases at 7pm tonight. Delta is fast. Even with Dans quick actions still getting around. I expected harsher measures but not the curfew.

View attachment 13107
Delta has made it all the more important to get vaccinated no doubt.
That said can we trust The Australian with graphs these days?;)

Already posted this info about a week ago, discussed by Norman Swan on Coronacast. In Israel vaccines are showing diminished effectiveness in terms of contagiousness over time, but still good protection against serious disease/death. Better vaccines would be good but may never be possible.

Hence the booster campaign. This is our most likely reality going forward.

PS you are breaking site rules again by posting full articles here. Do what I do, provide a short summary or comment. It's not that hard.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes Md jazz.
Around 48 tomorrow.
A few homeless people but most are students who have been isolating and have been waiting for results since Tuesday apparently.
Going to sound worse than what it is.
Who knows.
It’s hopefully coming from the 13 day tests of people who’ve been isolating - the timing lines up.

Been cautioning my friends for weeks that " opening up" is an undefined term. No leader has provided any detail. It won't be the sunlit upland that many are thinking it is.

Reactions: 1 users
On the other hand Victoria had no vaccinations, and 12 months less of learning around how to reduce transmission.
I have hope that NSW will peak soon, and follow the same path down Victoria had.
I think the biggest risk of transmission was identified pretty early - indoors in poorly ventilated spaces. I don’t think that’s changed. I think surfaces were considered big risks as well but I don’t think they’ve had much influence. Supermarkets have been open the whole time and always busy but not big transmission sites. If transmission from surfaces was occurring we would have 000”s more cases.
So, I presume all other hardware stores are open too. After all, the LNP are apparently the party for small business, and they wouldn't ever contemplate giving a big business an unfair advantage over their beloved small businesses, leading those small businesses to go bust, and leaving the hardware trade open to an oligopoly of large companies . . . would they?

DS
Yes they are open too.
you understand how Bunnings works? They actually support 000”s of small to medium size businesses that supply them. Aust businesses, often with locally manufactured product.

Looks like we'll be celebrating our 200th day in lockdown with the most number of positive cases since the big lockdown last year. Great way to celebrate such an auspicious milestone :rolleyes:

Let's hope the vast majority were in isolation as is being suggested.

A couple of colleagues and I were having a giggle about the fact that a sex worker was possibly a discovered transmission link in Melbourne. Surely all of the said sex worker's clients checked in with the app, or signed the sign-in sheet at the commencement of their visit.
Apparently it's a common theme around the world too. From reading various articles in the Straits Times over the past year, it seems that in Singapore, their "Karaoke Bars" have been prominent sources of COVID spreader events and/or clusters. But extremely hard to track and trace.

In conservative Singapore, just like some jurisdictions even here in Australia, I get the sense that the profession sits in a legal grey area. So it's an unspoken understanding what the "karaoke bars" actually are a front for. And as fastidious as Singaporeans are at following rules and doing the right thing (participating in mask wearing, tracking apps on phones etc). Not even there were men (probably often married men) willing to admit to their movements - or have them recorded and tracked - when it came to that.