Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Well VIC Health could go down the path that NSW Health did last year. And issue official advertising materials, advising people how to engage in "COVID safe sex." It was so cringely infantile. Like it was one of those "awareness" campaigns aimed at high school kids, but they speak to them like they are 6YOs.

Surely "COVID Safe Sex" would be a boon for the industry, to get the workers through COVID, would it not?

Part of the mental health plan maybe?? :D

Reactions: 1 user
The thing is, I suspect the biggest reason these cases continue to rise are due to Gladys reluctance to bring in a payment for those awaiting a test. Finally brought it in last week but that was too late. That was one of the biggest tools that we found here in VIC.

Andrew Clenell just asked Chant, if it was right that she wants to push for harder lockdowns to which Gladys has ignored her. Probably the most unconvincing answer I've ever seen in a press conference came out of her mouth. I'm 100% certain that what he's been told is correct.
But NSw is powering ahead on vaccinations maybe it's the money but they were outdoing us all this month, maybe having COVId creeping under your door is the motivation. As I said in a post this morning NSW GPs are doing more doses that Vic doctors by 50% to date. State centres on a par. ...

How many people have claimed cash from Vic govt, surprise to me that this was a key to Victorians getting in line?

Living on the Central Coast/ stuck on the Central Coast, I now truly believe that Gladys is getting off lightly because she is a woman. The number of older people I have spoken to who have all pretty much come out with... "that reporter was so mean to Gladys", and "Gladys is trying her best, but is must be so hard for her..." and similar statements, has been crazy!

I think the NSW Labor made a mistake in dumping the previous leader (woman), as ppl will stick with the above whenever the new leader (man) gets stuck into Gladys for her dismal failure
Berejiklian needs to be removed from office.
Taliban?

Living on the Central Coast/ stuck on the Central Coast, I now truly believe that Gladys is getting off lightly because she is a woman. The number of older people I have spoken to who have all pretty much come out with... "that reporter was so mean to Gladys", and "Gladys is trying her best, but is must be so hard for her..." and similar statements, has been crazy!

I think the NSW Labor made a mistake in dumping the previous leader (woman), as ppl will stick with the above whenever the new leader (man) gets stuck into Gladys for her dismal failures.
Out of interest how is he handling the whole thing. Supoorting, firing canons, high profile, etc?

on the last line they shafted Kennealy too soon!

But NSw is powering ahead on vaccinations maybe it's the money but they were outdoing us all this month, maybe having COVId creeping under your door is the motivation. As I said in a post this morning NSW GPs are doing more doses that Vic doctors by 50% to date. State centres on a par. ...

How many people have claimed cash from Vic govt, surprise to me that this was a key to Victorians getting in line?

I think you misunderstood what I said. That post was not about vaccinations, but about stopping mobility of workers in lower income areas of the city. We had outbreaks in those areas, we struggled to contain it so we set the payment up.

NSW should have followed us on this when the outbreak broke out in a similar lower income area but they refused to do it, until they did it last week.

Lower income workers who cannot work from home, may well get tested, but they then have a choice to either stay home and perhaps not be able to feed their family, or go to work and take the risk that you don't pass it on. My guess is, most people would take the latter option.

Paying people to stay at home whilst awaiting a test works. Shame they took so long to see this as a good option.

i read somewhere that reverse cowgirl was a covid safe sex position.

but i didnt even know horses could catch covid
May not be directly relevant, but I did hear a quote the other day:

'You can lead a horse to water, but you need a stepladder to *smile* them'.

• Haha

Great summary of the NSW government's rhetoric over the last 6 weeks and what's led us to where we are today.

One or both or Gladys and Hazzard will need to resign after this, they have brought this outbreak upon themselves and put the rest of the country on edge.

• Angry
Reactions: 4 users
I think you misunderstood what I said. That post was not about vaccinations, but about stopping mobility of workers in lower income areas of the city. We had outbreaks in those areas, we struggled to contain it so we set the payment up.

NSW should have followed us on this when the outbreak broke out in a similar lower income area but they refused to do it, until they did it last week.

Lower income workers who cannot work from home, may well get tested, but they then have a choice to either stay home and perhaps not be able to feed their family, or go to work and take the risk that you don't pass it on. My guess is, most people would take the latter option.

Paying people to stay at home whilst awaiting a test works. Shame they took so long to see this as a good option.
I didn't read that carefully at al..... Catching up on a whole days posts. I am with you now, the stay home after testing payment.
There is an example of a nuanced response to a particular scenario. Just wish there was more of it in this situation.

It's Albo who wants to dole out 300 a head. That will be a nice little earner (pay for A GF ticket) for us when we all have to get a booster a couple of times a year.

Bunnings still open in NSW ?

So, I presume all other hardware stores are open too. After all, the LNP are apparently the party for small business, and they wouldn't ever contemplate giving a big business an unfair advantage over their beloved small businesses, leading those small businesses to go bust, and leaving the hardware trade open to an oligopoly of large companies . . . would they?

DS