Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Gladys really feeling the heat now. First journalist really not letting her off the hook regarding her rhetoric about having the harshest restrictions seen in Australia.

and he's from Sky News strangely enough. She tried and tried to avoid answering his questions.

'Why is Victoria's at 20 a day & your numbers keep going up?!' - Sky News journalist.

and what did she do. Deflect, deflect, deflect. "We have the right restrictions, its the people doing the wrong thing blah, blah, blah, blah, blah"

Maybe your mixed messaging has caused this issue. She doesn't see that these mixed messages, result in lower levels of acceptance that the rules are the only way.

NSW 14 day average is 373. Total numbers since the start of the outbreak is 15,050. VIC's total nunbers are 21,215. I said over a week ago that NSW will overtake Victoria’s total numbers by around late September/early October. Based on the 14 day average, NSW will now overtake VIC in 17 days (September 4). But it will almost certainly be sooner than that.

9281 cases in NSW on day 63 of their outbreak. on day 63 of the VIC outbreak, we had 294 cases that day and a total of 13,469. but at this point our numbers had peaked and started dropping significantly. We dropped to below 100 daily cases on day 76.

Reactions: 1 users
Up to 539 were infectious in the community? FFS she has lost complete control. Sack the useless *smile*.

The thing is, I suspect the biggest reason these cases continue to rise are due to Gladys reluctance to bring in a payment for those awaiting a test. Finally brought it in last week but that was too late. That was one of the biggest tools that we found here in VIC.

Andrew Clenell just asked Chant, if it was right that she wants to push for harder lockdowns to which Gladys has ignored her. Probably the most unconvincing answer I've ever seen in a press conference came out of her mouth. I'm 100% certain that what he's been told is correct.

The thing is, I suspect the biggest reason these cases continue to rise are due to Gladys reluctance to bring in a payment for those awaiting a test. Finally brought it in last week but that was too late. That was one of the biggest tools that we found here in VIC.

Andrew Clenell just asked Chant, if it was right that she wants to push for harder lockdowns to which Gladys has ignored her. Probably the most unconvincing answer I've ever seen in a press conference came out of her mouth. I'm 100% certain that what he's been told is correct.
"We are committed to seeing the case numbers drop."

Some of Sky news's journalists finally starting to turn. Andrew Clennell has gone harder than anyone at Gladys recently.
To be fair, that guy has been one of the journos asking the hardest questions of Gladys for a while now. But the woman who saved Australia is a master of the non answer

Reactions: 2 users
"We are committed to seeing the case numbers drop."

Asked again and she again deflected and didn't answer the question. Its very clear through her non answer that she has advised harder settings.

Golf is a great example. "Only allowed to go 5kms from your house", "only allowed to leave your house for exercise". Why then is golf open? Is that essential?

This comes back to something she said earlier in this outbreak, when asked why shops were open, she said "we haven't seen any transmission yet in NSW in shops, but we are trying to reduce mobility". Either she doesn't understand mobility or her advice isn't being followed and she has to make it up as she goes, but the likelihood of transmission at golf is probably low BUT the reason why we close it in Melbourne is for 2 reasons. To further reduce mobility of the population and also to reduce mixed messaging over what you can do.

If you don't believe in what you are saying, I think the more unconvincing your answers, and Chant is a great example. These mobility examples she sounds very unconvincing, on things like construction she sounds very convincing. So I suspect they have done what she has suggested on construction but not on other areas.

Up to 539 were infectious in the community? FFS she has lost complete control. Sack the useless *smile*.

The Malaysian Prime Minister recently resigned due to the big failures in their vaccine rollout. In Australia....???? Nothing but crickets, spin, deflection and excuses.

smh

An
NSW 14 day average is 373. Total numbers since the start of the outbreak is 15,050. VIC's total nunbers are 21,215. I said over a week ago that NSW will overtake Victoria’s total numbers by around late September/early October. Based on the 14 day average, NSW will now overtake VIC in 17 days (September 4). But it will almost certainly be sooner than that.

9281 cases in NSW on day 63 of their outbreak. on day 63 of the VIC outbreak, we had 294 cases that day and a total of 13,469. but at this point our numbers had peaked and started dropping significantly. We dropped to below 100 daily cases on day 76.
And the Rf number is around 1.3, a terrible sign of worse to come!

Last question already? 50 min press conference after a record day of cases for NSW.

• Sad
Incredible really. The roadmap had been laid out by other states and Gladys also has the advantage of the population getting vaccinated.

The right wing media have a problem. Gladys is now following the Dan model that they so criticised but is not even getting a result in return. So Sky News and co have turned to the relatively minor issue of Dan closing playgrounds as their new source of venting.

Living on the Central Coast/ stuck on the Central Coast, I now truly believe that Gladys is getting off lightly because she is a woman. The number of older people I have spoken to who have all pretty much come out with... "that reporter was so mean to Gladys", and "Gladys is trying her best, but is must be so hard for her..." and similar statements, has been crazy!

I think the NSW Labor made a mistake in dumping the previous leader (woman), as ppl will stick with the above whenever the new leader (man) gets stuck into Gladys for her dismal failures.

Reactions: 1 user