Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

I've said it before & I'll say it again. Thanks Gladys you flaming moron. if you'd locked down straight away we wouldn't be in this predicament.
NZ outbreak now genomically linked to NSW.
International super spreader

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 1 users
Living on the Central Coast/ stuck on the Central Coast, I now truly believe that Gladys is getting off lightly because she is a woman. The number of older people I have spoken to who have all pretty much come out with... "that reporter was so mean to Gladys", and "Gladys is trying her best, but is must be so hard for her..." and similar statements, has been crazy!

I think the NSW Labor made a mistake in dumping the previous leader (woman), as ppl will stick with the above whenever the new leader (man) gets stuck into Gladys for her dismal failures.

She's been a media darling for the last couple of years; the woman who saved Australia, the fawning over Glady's love life and how unlucky in love she is. Its a soap opera being played out in politics. All part of the favorable coverage the liberal party is granted. As oppose to Dictator Dan down here in Vic ,she has such a cruisy ride.

I've actually developed a modicum of respect for Sky News reporters in their harranguing of Gladys or Kerry Chant for their weasel words. I think the private school prefect visage that Glady's has enjoyed is starting to fade. Just makes you wonder how much of this is the PM's influence as I'm sure he'd throw Gladys under the bus if it mean the pressure is deflected from his failures.

Reactions: 3 users
She's been a media darling for the last couple of years; the woman who saved Australia, the fawning over Glady's love life and how unlucky in love she is. Its a soap opera being played out in politics. All part of the favorable coverage the liberal party is granted. As oppose to Dictator Dan down here in Vic ,she has such a cruisy ride.

I've actually developed a modicum of respect for Sky News reporters in their harranguing of Gladys or Kerry Chant for their weasel words. I think the private school prefect visage that Glady's has enjoyed is starting to fade. Just makes you wonder how much of this is the PM's influence as I'm sure he'd throw Gladys under the bus if it mean the pressure is deflected from his failures.

ScoMo would fling anyone under the bus to save his sorry ass.

Reactions: 4 users
If the Sky journos are starting to turn up the heat on Gladys, that ScoMo's minders have decided it's time for him to step back and let Gladys take the fall for Sydney. The minders started backgrounding Gladys last weekend. She vowed to counteract by backgrounding ScoMo so we'll see what happens.

Reactions: 1 user
9281 cases in NSW on day 63 of their outbreak. on day 63 of the VIC outbreak, we had 294 cases that day and a total of 13,469. but at this point our numbers had peaked and started dropping significantly. We dropped to below 100 daily cases on day 76.
Your number crunching has been great Ian. The other, worse factor, is Vic were not dealing with delta. More infectious and more dangerous. Not looking good for NSW.

Reactions: 1 users
Your number crunching has been great Ian. The other, worse factor, is Vic were not dealing with delta. More infectious and more dangerous. Not looking good for NSW.
On the other hand Victoria had no vaccinations, and 12 months less of learning around how to reduce transmission.
I have hope that NSW will peak soon, and follow the same path down Victoria had.

Last question already? 50 min press conference after a record day of cases for NSW.
An 1 hour answering or deflecting ;) media questions is certainly enough, let her get back to her main job which is to Govern!

Comment deliberately structured to bait:);)

NSW 14 day average is 373. Total numbers since the start of the outbreak is 15,050. VIC's total nunbers are 21,215. I said over a week ago that NSW will overtake Victoria’s total numbers by around late September/early October. Based on the 14 day average, NSW will now overtake VIC in 17 days (September 4). But it will almost certainly be sooner than that.

9281 cases in NSW on day 63 of their outbreak. on day 63 of the VIC outbreak, we had 294 cases that day and a total of 13,469. but at this point our numbers had peaked and started dropping significantly. We dropped to below 100 daily cases on day 76.
By this time Victoria's reinfection rate was less than 1 as well ( hence the reducing numbers) but NSW is still over 1. I'm expecting over 1000 case a day before they start declining but of course they are dealing with the delta strain.

The thing that we are missing in what is happening is the lack of issues in aged care in NSW so far because that is where the majority of the deaths were in Victoria. Whether that is the higher levels of vaccination in aged care or the system is better prepared who knows but it is a good thing !!

Reactions: 2 users
A couple of colleagues and I were having a giggle about the fact that a sex worker was possibly a discovered transmission link in Melbourne. Surely all of the said sex worker's clients checked in with the app, or signed the sign-in sheet at the commencement of their visit.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
A couple of colleagues and I were having a giggle about the fact that a sex worker was possibly a discovered transmission link in Melbourne. Surely all of the said sex worker's clients checked in with the app, or signed the sign-in sheet at the commencement of their visit.
gonna be awkward when the contact tracers knock on your door

gonna be awkward when the contact tracers knock on your door
Well VIC Health could go down the path that NSW Health did last year. And issue official advertising materials, advising people how to engage in "COVID safe sex." It was so cringely infantile. Like it was one of those "awareness" campaigns aimed at high school kids, but they speak to them like they are 6YOs.

Surely "COVID Safe Sex" would be a boon for the industry, to get the workers through COVID, would it not?

Well VIC Health could go down the path that NSW Health did last year. And issue official advertising materials, advising people how to engage in "COVID safe sex." It was so cringely infantile. Like it was one of those "awareness" campaigns aimed at high school kids, but they speak to them like they are 6YOs.

Surely "COVID Safe Sex" would be a boon for the industry, to get the workers through COVID, would it not?

i read somewhere that reverse cowgirl was a covid safe sex position.

but i didnt even know horses could catch covid

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users