Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

So the UK are having over 20k new cases a day? How are they coping with those big soccer and cricket crowds? How does their hospital/medical system cope?

Thats the thing that vaccination provides you. More access to freedoms.

Chl 10 just showed footage of the crowd at Bondi today :rolleyes: where were the police the ADF and $5,000 fines? Guess they're all in the Western NSW LGA's.

For sure but regardless, 20,000 a day is a large number. Doesn't seem right that it isn't putting strain on the hospital system.

If they aren't getting sick enough to need hospitalisation due to the vaccine it does.

IF they are not sick enough, why are they bothering to get tested and thus be recorded as a new case?
And if they're vaccinated why bother getting tested. Unless they're mostly unvaccinated in which case the hospitals would be filling up.

One important thing people are forgetting is that it's still summer in the northern hemisphere. Be interesting to see the stats in the US and UK once they move to winter.

Reactions: 1 user
I did say this was her plan about a month ago and some on here scoffed at me.

She has seen the failure as an opportunity to be the 1st state fully vaccinated and opening up the rest of the world so she can claim that as something she has driven.
Yeh, I was one. I thought what politician in their right mind would have a strategy that deliberately increases the length of a lockdown and causes extra deaths? Surely that is political suicide? Add to it a complacency in the population to do the right thing and you have their current situation. Maybe people will forget the extra pain they went through if they are the state that is vaccinated enough to open up first without having zero community transmission?

Still think the feds should be setting up and running a National quarantine program, make people pay if they want to come here. We could have a covid free country that could be a tourist haven. Suppress and eliminate Delta. Have a proper quarantine program that keeps delta out. Make Aust a covid free destination. Or is that a pipe dream?

don't worry about the poor nations or the refugees fleeing afghanistan. as long as we can open up asap to get a good feed at a restaurant.

the poor who can't isolate or feed their families and are exposed to covid should be the top priority. But the affluent of western europe, US, UK have pushed into the front of the queue so they can go to the ski fields.
That's about right. There is an argument Aust should be further back in the queue because of our island status and low community transmission. Or is there an unlimited supply of vaccines?

If Scomo had setup quarantine properly we would be a covid free nation and have a more measured and controlled vaccination program. .

didn't hear him calling out the media for their irresponsible actions.
Ultimately if it was a muslim celebration I imagine there would have been victimisation of a community cries. Or if it was Sudanese (not that they have time for parties with all the home invading).

Did we need to know it was an ultra orthodox jewish engagement party? Perhaps not, but it was a clear and arrogant transgression of the rules so the negatrive publicity is probably deserved.

Not sure that is correct? The Covid Live site has 106k NSW vs 80k Vic yesterday.

Not sure then - I got it from here:

Why are the testing numbers so critical? Those who were in hot spots or feel unwell will still get tested. Those not getting tested would be those with no chance of testing positive anyway.
Agree, although I'm in the sth east and got tested yesterday after having sore throat/runny nose. Plenty lining up in their cars at the Frankston hospital testing centre. Result came back in about 16 hours.

Chl 10 just showed footage of the crowd at Bondi today :rolleyes: where were the police the ADF and $5,000 fines? Guess they're all in the Western NSW LGA's.
Has there been a recorded case of transmission at Bondi? You do know there are a lot of apartments there and a dense population.

You know there is one exposure site listed in Bondi -
Health Space Bondi Junction
4B 332 Oxford Street

How many in western syd LGA's?

Is it the look of people on the beach that pisses so many off? Surely the mental health benefits of getting outside are important? And what a great spot to do it.

So the UK are having over 20k new cases a day? How are they coping with those big soccer and cricket crowds? How does their hospital/medical system cope?

Yep, good question. No doubt Boris opened up too early with "Freedom Day" on 19th July. Better approach would have been to keep some stronger controls until vaccination levels increased more. I think it being summer with people congregating more outdoors helped a bit as Delta was taking off... winter is when it really spreads through indoor contacts.

The good news is that hospitalisations peaked a few weeks back and are declining slowly. It's also much lower than the peak hospitalisations in Jan/Feb this year, so I guess they've managed to scale enough to handle these loads.

You can really see that vaccination is having a big effect in countries like the UK/US, we'll have to wait to see what levels vaccination and cases/hospitalisations/deaths stabilise at. There will still be all of these to some extent for the foreseeable future, but the faster we vaccinate in Australia, the sooner this equilibrium will be achieved.

Vaccination is the highest policy priority now for Australia (and everywhere actually) along with a real lockdown in NSW and VIC, which likely will never happen in NSW at least.

Anyone who still claims vaccination is a low priority for either individuals or for Australia is... well, you be the judge.

1629193300464.png

Reactions: 1 users
Ultimately if it was a muslim celebration I imagine there would have been victimisation of a community cries. Or if it was Sudanese (not that they have time for parties with all the home invading).

There have been victimisation of community cries, and rightly so. We can condemn the individuals involved without demonising the religion.

Your home invasion comment is pretty stupid - you're better than that MD.

There have been victimisation of community cries, and rightly so. We can condemn the individuals involved without demonising the religion.

Your home invasion comment is pretty stupid - you're better than that MD.
You think the home invasion comment was legit? I must be considered a Bolt like figure.

• Love
Yeh, I was one. I thought what politician in their right mind would have a strategy that deliberately increases the length of a lockdown and causes extra deaths? Surely that is political suicide? Add to it a complacency in the population to do the right thing and you have their current situation. Maybe people will forget the extra pain they went through if they are the state that is vaccinated enough to open up first without having zero community transmission?

Still think the feds should be setting up and running a National quarantine program, make people pay if they want to come here. We could have a covid free country that could be a tourist haven. Suppress and eliminate Delta. Have a proper quarantine program that keeps delta out. Make Aust a covid free destination. Or is that a pipe dream?

Its certainly a hard one to think about as its so ruthless, but there was something in her rhetoric that I heard at least a month ago and its continued since then.

I agree extra deaths may be seen as political suicide, but she is spinning it big time, that this dirty delta that no-one else has ever seen is just too hot to handle, and she is leading them out of it like Moses did with the Israelites to a heroes welcome. She will be the woman that saved Sydney by pushing the vaccine rollout. I think she is backing in that people will forget about the cases if she leads them out 1st.

I totally agree on the feds. This is what should have been done last year but Scomo has dodged and weaved his way out of that one consistently.