Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

during the last lockdown, Jeroen would tell us the average amount of days these people were out in the community. I’d like to hear those numbers again. I mean, we have been locked down for almost 2 weeks, so these people should not be out and about unless they are essential workers. The fact that these numbers are not improving will suggest people are not doing the right thing.
We know for a fact people are not doing the right thing; there is no suggestion about it. It was all over the every bit of media over the weekend.

The other issue we have is low testing numbers. 31,000 yesterday; nowhere near high enough for the current situation. Bracing for this to go well into September.

Reactions: 1 user
during the last lockdown, Jeroen would tell us the average amount of days these people were out in the community. I’d like to hear those numbers again. I mean, we have been locked down for almost 2 weeks, so these people should not be out and about unless they are essential workers. The fact that these numbers are not improving will suggest people are not doing the right thing.

Either they aren't doing the right thing, or as suspected, someone along the line has not been truthful with contact tracers and didn't tell them where they had been. That would fit with the timeline IMO, where we were reducing the % out in the community, then the mystery cases spiked up, and then so did those not in isolation. That % is coming down now, so hopefully the more compliance we have with contact tracers, the number not in isolation should reduce.

Largely those stated as "in the community" contracted it prior to being contacted by contact tracers and therefore then told to isolate, so its largely a reflection of how up to date contact tracers are with current cases.

Either they aren't doing the right thing, or as suspected, someone along the line has not been truthful with contact tracers and didn't tell them where they had been. That would fit with the timeline IMO, where we were reducing the % out in the community, then the mystery cases spiked up, and then so did those not in isolation. That % is coming down now, so hopefully the more compliance we have with contact tracers, the number not in isolation should reduce.

Largely those stated as "in the community" contracted it prior to being contacted by contact tracers and therefore then told to isolate, so its largely a reflection of how up to date contact tracers are with current cases.
Still see people not checking in everywhere I go, so the tracers have no chance.

in the community means going to the shops, or exercising, so people can be in the community.
I saw somewhere they consider the 2 days before the first signs of the virus as the start of the contagious period. so unless someone is in isolation as a close contact they will most likley be considered as "in the community".

i dont think the numbers are bad news, or great news. the cases arent ballooning, we dont have large numbers of unlinked cases, or growing number of people infectious in the community.
we just need them to start going down. (obviously).

I'm new to the area and have been a bit surprised at the hooning activity. Maybe its more common than i realised across the country.

And i wish they would stay home, whether that's playing scrabble with a cuppa tea or whatever activity it is that keeps them entertained! Wishful thinking, i know!
I am a suburb away (same Council as we used to say but seems LGA is the buzz term now) but you are right BT Oakleigh Mall is a magnet for groups of young people. Contrary to my stereotyping not just Greek Australians as my friends call themselves but all the backgrounds that make up cosmopolitan Melb. have been several gang clashes there, probably some drug dealing, kid was murdered there last year. BC (Before COVId) was a popular place for getting together with my in law family.

I am a suburb away (same Council as we used to say but seems LGA is the buzz term now) but you are right BT Oakleigh Mall is a magnet for groups of young people. Contrary to my stereotyping not just Greek Australians as my friends call themselves but all the backgrounds that make up cosmopolitan Melb. have been several gang clashes there, probably some drug dealing, kid was murdered there last year. BC (Before COVId) was a popular place for getting together with my in law family.
Wow. Isn't the cop station only 200-300m away from the mall ? Just off Warrigal Road ?

Surprised Dan and the media called out the Jewish gathering as they've been reluctant to call out the Indian and Muslim communities in the past.
They fall under "people living in extended family groups" category.

But we do have to be careful...if I held an engagement party today would I be vilified under my religion, ethnicity, Richmond affiliation, political leanings, bourgeois -ness?

But there are double standards aplenty . No one in the mainstream commentariat would feel entitled enough to criticise a very niche Jewish sub group but would go to town on an equally small fundamental Christian congregation.

% coming down in community is not that comforting when actual numbers in community is going up each day.

% coming down in community is not that comforting when actual numbers in community is going up each day.

Yes and no. The % means the tracers are getting on top of it again.

The show them as wild cases on this site. Note the % going up to around 70% and then dipping was at the same time as those mystery cases. Now the % in iso rising back up again, back to 64% yesterday and 58% today (it will move around each day but its the upward trend that is key).

I'm sure there are plenty of small Christian fundamentalist groups who have kept meeting and been hauled up by the authorities while it is kept out of the media. I can't see that there has been any less reluctance to call out this behaviour.

DS

Yes and no. The % means the tracers are getting on top of it again.

The show them as wild cases on this site. Note the % going up to around 70% and then dipping was at the same time as those mystery cases. Now the % in iso rising back up again, back to 64% yesterday and 58% today (it will move around each day but its the upward trend that is key).

Have you got the same statistics for NSW?

People bagging Gladys but she will eventually win the race. People in NSW will be climbing over each other to get vaccinated while ScoMo sends truckloads of vaccines in her direction and the other states get scraps. NSW will hit the vaccination target much sooner and open up before Christmas while we'll be in lockdown 10.

We know for a fact people are not doing the right thing; there is no suggestion about it. It was all over the every bit of media over the weekend.

The other issue we have is low testing numbers. 31,000 yesterday; nowhere near high enough for the current situation. Bracing for this to go well into September.
Appalling testing rate by Victorians, the 1st couple of days of this wave we did get to 50,000 we are now in a worse position and testing has dropped away to continual low numbers around 30,000. No way is that going to help tracers get control of the ViC situation.

Yes I know Covid in NSW is rampant and their essential workers who have to leave LGA's need to get tested multiple times but they have been hitting 150,000 tests a day.

People bagging Gladys but she will eventually win the race. People in NSW will be climbing over each other to get vaccinated while ScoMo sends truckloads of vaccines in her direction and the other states get scraps. NSW will hit the vaccination target much sooner and open up before Christmas while we'll be in lockdown 10.

I did say this was her plan about a month ago and some on here scoffed at me.

She has seen the failure as an opportunity to be the 1st state fully vaccinated and opening up the rest of the world so she can claim that as something she has driven.

If that happens everyone in 5 states and 2 territories will be very sh1tty with the PM for NSW. Hopefully they take it out on him at the ballot box.

DS

Reactions: 4 users
Yeah and they'll be stay at near 500 cases a day for the next 2 months and the hospital system may well get overwhelmed. Great strategy :rolleyes:

But yes the PM for Sydney will do his best to get her more vaccines than anyone else. The other premiers, especially Andrews, need to make a huge noise about this. Quite frankly Gladys has made her own bed and she can lie in it. No way Victorians should be disadvantaged by redirection of vaccines to NSW; that is *smile*.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I did say this was her plan about a month ago and some on here scoffed at me.

She has seen the failure as an opportunity to be the 1st state fully vaccinated and opening up the rest of the world so she can claim that as something she has driven.

If thats the case then its a very selfish strategy, and it appears its being rewarded with additional Pfizer doses!

Despite what the medical experts are telling us about Astra Zeneca, the reality is that no one wants it. Everyone is holding out for Pfizer. Its safer and more efficable and quite frankly i don't blame the population for their hesitancy with AZ. We should all be receiveing the same vaccine that the PM had.

Why should NSW receive a greater percentage of pfizer when they have done wrong by every other state in not locking down sooner? Its infuriating and fractious to the federation. I've never felt less Australian and more Victorian than in the last 18 months.

*smile* Gladys. What a *smile*.

If thats the case then its a very selfish strategy, and it appears its being rewarded with additional Pfizer doses!

Despite what the medical experts are telling us about Astra Zeneca, the reality is that no one wants it. Everyone is holding out for Pfizer. Its safer and more efficable and quite frankly i don't blame the population for their hesitancy with AZ. We should all be receiveing the same vaccine that the PM had.

Why should NSW receive a greater percentage of pfizer when they have done wrong by every other state in not locking down sooner? Its infuriating and fractious to the federation. I've never felt less Australian and more Victorian than in the last 18 months.

*smile* Gladys. What a *smile*.
This Sydney based favouritism by the PM will lead to a virtual uprising and civil war from the other states. It is totally unacceptable and a disgrace.

NSW Data:
- 8664 cases on day 62 of their outbreak.
- 14,416 in total (only 7,000 behind VIC now).
- NSW 14 day average is 346.
- 22% were in Iso during infectious period (7 day average is 24... its actually dropping if you can believe that).
- Reff Number is 1.20.

agree. testing numbers are way too low. But I will add that we can’t compare our testing numbers to NSW where essential workers in those specific LGA’s must get a test every 3 days.