Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

They will also have the extra punishment, of isolation for the next 14 days as I assume that household is now regarded as a tier 1 site being as 2 people were there that were positive.

Go to a party, get a $5,500 fine and forced to isolate for 2 weeks. Good decision there you muppets.
Expensive engagement gift that is. Good.

+70's nationwide are roughly at about 52%-55% fully vaccinated and about 80% first dose vaccinated - highlighting again that we have second and third (booster) dose waves to still contend with where supply is concerned.

Understand that, but 80% first dose is the issue not the 2nd dose or boosters. Why are 1 in 5 not getting vaccinated? Do they not see the fatality numbers in NSW? Look at all of those that are over 70 with no vaccinations? We aren't seeing people die with vaccinations, but we are seeing daily deaths of over 70's of people who are unvaccinated.

Do they not get the 1 in 3 risk of dying if you are over 70?

Reactions: 1 users
Understand that, but 80% first dose is the issue not the 2nd dose or boosters. Why are 1 in 5 not getting vaccinated? Do they not see the fatality numbers in NSW? Look at all of those that are over 70 with no vaccinations? We aren't seeing people die with vaccinations, but we are seeing daily deaths of over 70's of people who are unvaccinated.

Do they not get the 1 in 3 risk of dying if you are over 70?
Many of the 1 in 5 is because for the very old and frail there is too much risk in getting vaccinated. Specifically the already sick. For some of them, their immune systems are not capable of dealing with a vaccine so its safer to NOT give it to them. They're too compromised to be vaccinated. It'll kill them.

Of course Covid may kill them as well but that's what has to be weighed up.

Last edited:
Do people remember the Effective Reproductive Rate (reff)? It was talked about a lot last year.

VIC Reff Number the past 5 days: 1.60, 1.44, 1.29, 1.14 and today is 1.25.

So this (along with the high number of non-compliance) is what has triggered the lockdown extension and harsher restrictions.

The NSW Reff Number is 1.26 and are on track to reach 1,000 cases per day by the end of August.

Source: Professor Adrian Esterman (Epidemiologist) Twitter Account.

Daniel Andrews answered (all) journalists questions today for 2 hours.
He did not dodge them or cut the presser short.
That's leadership.

Andrews was massively p!ssed off today. As angry as I've ever seen him.

Reactions: 1 user
Great to hear. I still believe that the vast majority of people are doing the right thing and that it's the bad apples spoiling it for the rest.

I also think the community in Oakleigh is a little rebellious to begin with, based on the number of hoons revving the *smile* out of their cars each night. One good thing about the curfew is that this will probably stop at least temporarily!
don't forget the Greeks (proprietors and clientele) who don't think smoking rules apply to them

• Haha
Do people remember the Effective Reproductive Rate (reff)? It was talked about a lot last year.

VIC Reff Number the past 5 days: 1.60, 1.44, 1.29, 1.14 and today is 1.25.

So this (along with the high number of non-compliance) is what has triggered the lockdown extension and harsher restrictions.

The NSW Reff Number is 1.26 and are on track to reach 1,000 cases per day by the end of August.

Source: Professor Adrian Esterman (Epidemiologist) Twitter Account.

Andrews was massively p!ssed off today. As angry as I've ever seen him.
Yeah the R number has to get below 1 doesn't it? That indicates that we are getting ahead of the virus?

good decision by Andrews.
Stay the F home for 2 weeks Melburnians!

or it will be 2 months!

Exactly in this context.

Throughout our six months of lockdown last year, young people gave away the most, with the least benefit.

They engaged in the lockdown primarily to protect older generations.
please.
Young as in school children and university students - definitely paid a price, and I say that was unnecessary for a lot of last year

Young as in young adults working in govt and big business, white collar work from home jobs, tech savvy, not so much

old people, esp widow/ers singles, sitting alone at home day after day woth shopping dropped on their doorstep by a neighbour - big price (and I say if given the choice they might have preferred the risk of covid than that hell)

Where I do agree with you Coburg is that far too much of the government "accounting" of lockdowns and other restrictions has been on the "benefit" and any mention of costs is limited to direct economic impacts. Virtually no consideration is given to the human downside. Same decisions might be arrived at but the CHO rarely mentions them as a factor.

Daniel Andrews answered (all) journalists questions today for 2 hours.
He did not dodge them or cut the presser short.
That's leadership.
Yes and No.
I would rather him say its one hour - you hyenas organise yourselves to ask the most important questions, draw marbles out of a hat if you have to.
And he spends an hour preparing for it and his media minders are costing us millions of dollars (refer Saturday Age)
That second hour might be better spent talking to his backbenchers who are the ones copping the feedback, or working with the CHO.
Leadership by press conference is not what I want.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Yep it’s definitely a first world problem but both my kids have had their snow trips cancelled too.
Don't have to wear the hair shirt Roar. snow trips are just one in a long line of sacrifices.
Minister for education J Merlino has been sidelined since he handed the baton back to Premier.