Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Yesterday during my 2 hour walk for excercise, I walked past at least 3 cafes all which had about 20 people hanging out the front, mingling on the streets. Same in the parks, I swear people are just bringing along a take away cup so if they're questioned they just say they're drinking, no masks required.

Afterwards I decided to treat myself to a take away souvlaki from a popular restaurant in Eton Mall. There were 5 people waiting inside the restaurant for their take away orders and not one of them was wearing a mask. None of the staff were wearing masks. Safe to say I decided to wait outside. Won't be going back either.
Eaton Mall - pretty hard to smoke when you are wearing a mask.

Reactions: 1 user
Afterwards I decided to treat myself to a take away souvlaki from a popular restaurant in Eton Mall. There were 5 people waiting inside the restaurant for their take away orders and not one of them was wearing a mask. None of the staff were wearing masks. Safe to say I decided to wait outside. Won't be going back either.
I got take away pizza for the family on Friday night. The shop was really busy and a normal 20 minute wait from order was more like 40 minutes. People were waiting inside and outside the store but social distancing was good. Everyone was wearing masks as well and all the workers were wearing masks.

It's a pity more aren't doing the same.

Reactions: 1 users
I got take away pizza for the family on Friday night. The shop was really busy and a normal 20 minute wait from order was more like 40 minutes. People were waiting inside and outside the store but social distancing was good. Everyone was wearing masks as well and all the workers were wearing masks.

It's a pity more aren't doing the same.

Great to hear. I still believe that the vast majority of people are doing the right thing and that it's the bad apples spoiling it for the rest.

I also think the community in Oakleigh is a little rebellious to begin with, based on the number of hoons revving the *smile* out of their cars each night. One good thing about the curfew is that this will probably stop at least temporarily!

We can thank all of those arseholes who deliberately ignored the rules on the weekend and held street parties in Richmond, South Yarra, Northcote etc. Also the *smile* who thought it was a good idea to organise a rave for 1000 people on the Mornington Pensinsula; only didn't go ahead as the cops found out about it and shut it down. Not to mention the couple in St.Kilda East who decided to go ahead with an engagement party attended by 100 people; two of whom have since tested positive.

*smile* arsewipes abound. Andrews should go even further and shut down all cafes, restaurants etc. Some are encouraging people to breach the rules as we saw on the weekend. The rule should be if you can't drive through and pick it up in your car it has to close.

*smile* it. Enough of this crap.

Finally, loving the tough talk by the commissioner today there were 69 people at that party and every adult will be copping a $5,500 fine which will equate to close to $300,000 for that party together with the shame they have brought on their community.

Reactions: 2 users
Finally, loving the tough talk by the commissioner today there were 69 people at that party and every adult will be copping a $5,500 fine which will equate to close to $300,000 for that party together with the shame they have brought on their community.

They will also have the extra punishment, of isolation for the next 14 days as I assume that household is now regarded as a tier 1 site being as 2 people were there that were positive.

Go to a party, get a $5,500 fine and forced to isolate for 2 weeks. Good decision there you muppets.

Jeez journalists ask dumb questions, why can't people do this why cant we do that, pretty obvious i would have thought :rolleyes:

Good to hear. Maybe now they can go back and fine the removalists from Sydney that caused lockdown 5 and also the teacher from Al-Taqwa college that in part caused lockdown 6.

not in this context.
Exactly in this context.

Throughout our six months of lockdown last year, young people gave away the most, with the least benefit.

They engaged in the lockdown primarily to protect older generations.

Surely we're all in agreement that the boomers are generation me?
How many street parties did the boomers organise?
Exactly in this context.

Throughout our six months of lockdown last year, young people gave away the most, with the least benefit.

They engaged in the lockdown primarily to protect older generations.
It's almost like none of them have elderly relatives. Immaculately conceived, they were.

How many street parties did the boomers organise?

It's almost like none of them have elderly relatives. Immaculately conceived, they were.

Right, so generation me was protecting the older generation.

While the Golden generation burns the planet. For their kids and descendants.

Reactions: 3 users
*smile* off all you selfish wankers.

My daughter was due to go to snow camp in August. Its been changed 3 times, with the final date being leaving on 30th August which now won't go ahead either.

These selfish pricks are causing others that are doing the right thing (like my family) from being able to do things that actually give kids some semblance of normality. Kids are already some of the biggest impacted people in the state. Lost most of last year to home learning, and probably getting close to half this year too. Whilst the teachers do a great job with home learning its not the same. Having spoken to some teachers, some kids have essentially dropped back further and further due to this. Some are a year behind where they should be. These are out future leaders, but because some selfish idiots need to celebrate an engagement and knowingly (listen to the speech) breach the rules, that most are living by. This selfish minority are causing everyone else to be massively impacted by their actions.

Yep it’s definitely a first world problem but both my kids have had their snow trips cancelled too.

Right, so generation me was protecting the older generation.

While the Golden generation burns the planet. For their kids and descendants.
Ive heard some older people wont even get vaccinated, because they can cope with rarely leaving the house, and with the city in lockdown. Ive heard that some of the same people criticise young people who have given up so much as selfish.
surely anyone criticising others for actions that increase the risk of spread of covid would also be doing everything they can to reduce those same risks?

Last edited:
Ive heard some older people want even get vaccinated, because they can cope with rarely leaving the house, and with the city in lockdown. Ive heard that some of the same people criticise young people who have given up so much as selfish.
surely anyone criticising others for actions that increase the risk of spread of covid would also be doing everything they can to reduce those same risks?

I still don't get the older generation not getting vaccinated. What are the over 70's at now? Have 1st vaccinations increased to 80% yet?

Do they not realise that if they get it, its a 1 in 3 chance of them dying? Are they planning on locking themselves off from the rest of the world? If so, is that really a way to live?

I still don't get the older generation not getting vaccinated. What are the over 70's at now? Have 1st vaccinations increased to 80% yet?

Do they not realise that if they get it, its a 1 in 3 chance of them dying? Are they planning on locking themselves off from the rest of the world? If so, is that really a way to live?
+70's nationwide are roughly at about 52%-55% fully vaccinated and about 80% first dose vaccinated - highlighting again that we have second and third (booster) dose waves to still contend with where supply is concerned.