Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Be a shame if the AFL were forced to cancel the season.
I mean we'd be still the reigning premiers.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
And the Cats all or nothing tilt at the flag would be for nought. Another year older next year. Only thing better wold be them losing the GF.

i really dont see any other choice. they cant play night games with a curfew, and they cant send teams out of the 8 into quarantine for 2 weeks before they play their last pointless game, but if all teams dont play 22 games it is not a real season.
it would also allow the AFL to start again next year as if SHocking never worked there, with his latest stupid rules never ruining a finals series.

win-win all around I would have thought.

Reactions: 2 users
Much like in VIC, the feds have dragged their feet on dedicated quarantine facilities with HQ being the driver for all of our outbreaks.

Whilst this is good news, it just seems too little, too late. Built by mid 2022, will it even be used then?

Reactions: 1 user
They’ll just keep playing games in Victoria. They’ve had special dispensation to do so the last few weeks so why would that change ?

2 week lockdown extension from Thursday. Plus curfew (9pm-5am)
Playgrounds to close.

*smile* hell.
We can thank all of those arseholes who deliberately ignored the rules on the weekend and held street parties in Richmond, South Yarra, Northcote etc. Also the *smile* who thought it was a good idea to organise a rave for 1000 people on the Mornington Pensinsula; only didn't go ahead as the cops found out about it and shut it down. Not to mention the couple in St.Kilda East who decided to go ahead with an engagement party attended by 100 people; two of whom have since tested positive.

*smile* arsewipes abound. Andrews should go even further and shut down all cafes, restaurants etc. Some are encouraging people to breach the rules as we saw on the weekend. The rule should be if you can't drive through and pick it up in your car it has to close.

*smile* it. Enough of this crap.

Reactions: 1 users
*smile* off all you selfish wankers.

My daughter was due to go to snow camp in August. Its been changed 3 times, with the final date being leaving on 30th August which now won't go ahead either.

These selfish pricks are causing others that are doing the right thing (like my family) from being able to do things that actually give kids some semblance of normality. Kids are already some of the biggest impacted people in the state. Lost most of last year to home learning, and probably getting close to half this year too. Whilst the teachers do a great job with home learning its not the same. Having spoken to some teachers, some kids have essentially dropped back further and further due to this. Some are a year behind where they should be. These are out future leaders, but because some selfish idiots need to celebrate an engagement and knowingly (listen to the speech) breach the rules, that most are living by. This selfish minority are causing everyone else to be massively impacted by their actions.

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users
The decent people need to start calling out the aholes. We’ve got a responsibility to ask politely the non masker to put one on. The person standing on top of you to move back etc.

Cafe owners and the like need to have greater responsibility - spread out. No mask. No service. Move on after you’ve got your coffee. Or close them down all together if they can’t. Sick of them. They’re a massive problem in my area. Dozens of people standing on top of one another for extended periods with no masks on.

The decent people need to start calling out the aholes. We’ve got a responsibility to ask politely the non masker to put one on. The person standing on top of you to move back etc.

Cafe owners and the like need to have greater responsibility - spread out. No mask. No service. Move on after you’ve got your coffee. Or close them down all together if they can’t. Sick of them. They’re a massive problem in my area.

The cafe and pubs that have done the wrong thing, need to accept they are far better off than other small business owners. There are many that aren't allowed to open at all, and their ability to be able to operate RELIES on these other businesses doing the right thing which they clearly aren't.

AZ about to start trialling a nasal spray that apparently neutralises Covid. Have no idea how it works but let’s hope it doesn’t clot and interfere with your 5G.
If this is the same nasal spray I was reading about a couple of months ago, it's really interesting.

It's a seaweed derivative that coats the lining of the upper respiratory tract and blocks adhesion by the Covid virion.

It had really promising results used as a prophylactic in ER doctors.

Yesterday during my 2 hour walk for excercise, I walked past at least 3 cafes all which had about 20 people hanging out the front, mingling on the streets. Same in the parks, I swear people are just bringing along a take away cup so if they're questioned they just say they're drinking, no masks required.

Afterwards I decided to treat myself to a take away souvlaki from a popular restaurant in Eton Mall. There were 5 people waiting inside the restaurant for their take away orders and not one of them was wearing a mask. None of the staff were wearing masks. Safe to say I decided to wait outside. Won't be going back either.

Yesterday during my 2 hour walk for excercise, I walked past at least 3 cafes all which had about 20 people hanging out the front, mingling on the streets. Same in the parks, I swear people are just bringing along a take away cup so if they're questioned they just say they're drinking, no masks required.

Afterwards I decided to treat myself to a take away souvlaki from a popular restaurant in Eton Mall. There were 5 people waiting inside the restaurant for their take away orders and not one of them was wearing a mask. None of the staff were wearing masks. Safe to say I decided to wait outside. Won't be going back either.
I avoid all such places.