Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

It's clear that the 18-30 year old cohort have had enough. Just to provide some perspective on this, here's a comparison between me and my 20 year old son on what Covid has cost us. I'm a 56 year old who live 15 minutes from Castlemaine.

Me: I guess about 15 weeks working from home. The first lockdown was a bit stressfull, but overall I enjoy it because i get to spend more time outside and I enjoy being at home. On full pay the whole time and generally spend less. I've missed a couple of overseas trips which has been a bummer.

My son: Lost his work in the first lockdown and was not eligible for any government payments due to his age. Followed his girlfriend to Denmark just before the second lockdown after his third application for a travel exemption.. Couldn't get a work visa due to Covid. After 3 months his visa expired so he couldn't move around Europe. Was not able to return home when he wanted and then had to pay triple price for his airfare. Had to quarantine in Canberra for which he still owes 3 grand. Missed the start of his Uni course. He has now moved to Melbourne and has started Uni in second semester, but now all his classes are online which he hates and he is going to defer. Has split up with his girlfriend because she is not able to travel to Australia. And he can't go out and party or even visit his family for a decent dinner.

He's feeling pretty "smile"ed off with the whole deal. And even though I'm disappointed with his attitude, I can't really blame him.
Great post. Young people have been impacted most by this and are the ones that (before delta) suffered least health wise. Easy to understand why they’d be over lockdowns etc.

Reactions: 1 user
I wonder how much we paid for these Pfizer shots from Poland.

Poland, guess it also means none of our traditional international friends entertained our requests. We must have gone around the world begging for Pfizer
You would prefer we didn't?
What have we paid for any supply to date?
What is the going rate for Pfizer? Not once has it crossed my mind until now.

It's clear that the 18-30 year old cohort have had enough. Just to provide some perspective on this, here's a comparison between me and my 20 year old son on what Covid has cost us. I'm a 56 year old who live 15 minutes from Castlemaine.

Me: I guess about 15 weeks working from home. The first lockdown was a bit stressfull, but overall I enjoy it because i get to spend more time outside and I enjoy being at home. On full pay the whole time and generally spend less. I've missed a couple of overseas trips which has been a bummer.

My son: Lost his work in the first lockdown and was not eligible for any government payments due to his age. Followed his girlfriend to Denmark just before the second lockdown after his third application for a travel exemption.. Couldn't get a work visa due to Covid. After 3 months his visa expired so he couldn't move around Europe. Was not able to return home when he wanted and then had to pay triple price for his airfare. Had to quarantine in Canberra for which he still owes 3 grand. Missed the start of his Uni course. He has now moved to Melbourne and has started Uni in second semester, but now all his classes are online which he hates and he is going to defer. Has split up with his girlfriend because she is not able to travel to Australia. And he can't go out and party or even visit his family for a decent dinner.

He's feeling pretty "smile"ed off with the whole deal. And even though I'm disappointed with his attitude, I can't really blame him.

good post Shad.

same with me. no financial hit, wife in my bed each night, all the overseas photos on the piano, been there, done that, Dusty shrine to pay homage to each day in a moments quiet reflection.

2/3 of my kids plans severely curtailed at a critical time, with the clock ticking.

I reckon the big losers in this are the young, the old, and those with families overseas.

Reactions: 4 users
good post Shad.

same with me. no financial hit, wife in my bed each night, all the overseas photos on the piano, been there, done that, Dusty shrine to pay homage to each day in a moments quiet reflection.

2/3 of my kids plans severely curtailed at a critical time, with the clock ticking.

I reckon the big losers in this are the young, the old, and those with families overseas.
Don’t forget the part of the family that actually live overseas and would like to see their elderly parents sooner than 2023…!

No idea how you get that from my post, but anyway...

I would have preferred Australia had sorted out sufficient supply from multiple sources back when we had the chance.

What have we paid for any supply to date?
What is the going rate for Pfizer? Not once has it crossed my mind until now.
AZ materially cheaper than Pfizer. But nothing compared to lockdown costs.

Footage of illegal engagement party (paywalled)

Footage has emerged of a man joking about breaching coronavirus restrictions at his illegal engagement party.

The gathering last weekend is believed to have been attended by up to 100 people, including a St Kilda East mother and her son, whose positive test results were among Sunday’s Victorian mystery cases.

The engaged couple, who The Australian has chosen not to name, are understood to be members of Melbourne’s ultra-Orthodox Jewish community.

Their actions have been widely condemned by Melbourne Jewish leaders, including Council of Orthodox Synagogues of Victoria president Mark Cohen and Rabbi James Kennard, who is principal of Australia’s largest Jewish school, Mt Scopus.

In the footage, the engaged man jokes in reference to his doctor father: “Clearly this is legal because this is a group therapy session. That’s why my father’s here.”

Rabbi Kennard condemned the behaviour on social media, saying that while it was “painful to speak out against fellow Jews in public ... at this time, the danger of staying silent is too great”.

“The law states that we must stay at home, because the experts tell us that this is the way to save lives, because of the risk of terrible Chillul Hashem (desecration of God’s name), every rabbi and leader must cry out,” Mr Kennard said.

“We must take the heartbreaking path and stop the gatherings — for prayer, for s’machot, for school. Just stop.”

It is understood some members of the ultra-Orthodox community — which represents a small minority within the wider Jewish community — have continued to meet for prayer and schooling during Victoria’s six lockdowns.

AZ materially cheaper than Pfizer. But nothing compared to lockdown costs.

Thanks... pity I didn't take a stab before I read the article. But I reckon I would have Been guessing double figures. Add cost of distribution, storage, and injection (and promotion, unbelievably its needed) but small beer in the scheme of things.

Footage of illegal engagement party (paywalled)

Footage has emerged of a man joking about breaching coronavirus restrictions at his illegal engagement party.
LTRTR, I believe site rules allow you to post the URL but not copy and paste it's contents?

Last edited:
LTRTR, I believe site rules allow you to post the URL but not copy and paste it's contents?
True, but since it's kind of a snippet amid a very long page of dozens of similar snippets, I considered it fair game.

There isn't a way to link directly to the text, and the user would have spend time searching and scrolling to find it. Different story if the article merits its own page and a direct link.

Last edited:
Interesting how photos of ghe Syd crowds and people defying lockdowns attract scorn. Those same transgressions in Melb bring sympathy and posts about how difficult it is on the young.
Ultimately both cities have a similar mix of selfish, stupid and fatigued.

Interesting how photos of ghe Syd crowds and people defying lockdowns attract scorn. Those same transgressions in Melb bring sympathy and posts about how difficult it is on the young.
Ultimately both cities have a similar mix of selfish, stupid and fatigued.
I don't know how old you are MD but I'm 56 and my kids are living on another planet to people my age.

Last time we went into lockdown my 18 year old's only comment was "smile" I'm going to have to reduce the radius on my Tinder profile.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users