Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

I've got a good mate who lives in HK. He always laughs at our lockdowns and all the exceptions. He reckons that the lockdowns over there are for real. Everything's shut and the streets are empty. We are all the victims of 'half-measures' at the moment I'm afraid.
totally agree. our lockdowns are not lockdowns. my mate lives in Italy and said he hardly left his house for 3 months and could only go 1k.m from house.
said the police were everywhere.
but people listened.

Reactions: 1 user
Throw in that Julia whatshername from SkyNews and you have the holy trinity.
The only people who watch sky news (other than old irrelevant christians) are on this thread. Plenty know all the journos and presenters. Talk about self flagellation.

The only people who watch sky news (other than old irrelevant christians) are on this thread. Plenty know all the journos and presenters. Talk about self flagellation.
Anyone can ask a question at the Covid pressers and you don't have to watch Sky to see them.

The only time I watch Sky News is for the pressers. Just because I know she works for them, doesn't mean I sit there watching it all day.

Balaclava and Caulfield positives apparently.
Vic will want under 10 new cases tomorrow.
Cant see it.
Lockdown will be indefinite.

Not exactly true. Go to a Qantas lounge and they have it playing, go to parliament house in Canberra and they have it on the monitors, is on free to air on some country stations. RWNJ News may not rate highly but they have ways of getting it out in public places.

Gulag Gladys is simply gutless. You lock down the state you do it by holding a press conference, in person. She probably dropped her last partner by email.

DS

Reactions: 1 users
just reported that there are 25 new Vic cases, 13 out and about.

Ridiciclous by Melbourne people.

Apparently traffic data and people movement data was up yesterday.

Lockdown will be weeks more at this rate.

25 locally-acquired cases, 21 are linked to known outbreaks and 12 have been in isolation throughout their infectious period

*smile* numbers again today. Tracking the opposite of what we want. More positive cases and more cases in the community two days in a row. This is not good. Lockdown until end of August at least at this rate.

Yes IanG-a harder lockdown is needed.

Too many people out apparently.

Im in regional Vic, 3/4 of shops etc are checking ids, everyday there is a Melbourne person, police are called.

I dont live in Horsham, but there was a punch up on Thursday because a Melbourne bloke tried to get into a pub and regional pub worker refused after checking id.

Getting a bit ugly.

Need a week of complete shut down. Stay home order.
Stop the thousands upon thousands of people travelling all over Melbourne for ( essential) work, ie every food and beverage outlet in the city.

Even in Vic we only have a partial lockdown and it is not working well enough at present.
Essential workers are anybody who works in a food or drink outlet anywhere..not to mention tradies etc.
So the issue I see at present is people from Melbournes West (where this outbreak originated) can take covid to anywhere in Melbourne they work ie a counter attendant,clenar, security or any form of employment at a bakery, cafe, fruit and veg, butcher,bottle shop...you name it.
Meaning there is no practical lockdown at all for thousands upon thousands of people. Others, including myself, cannot go 5 ks or see anyone, or doing anything other than dig holes in the backyard.
So there is absolutely nothing other than a mask stopping covid transmission around anyone who works in any form of food or drink industry, anywhere in Melbourne, no matter where you live. Hence it appears the cases in Chadstone and South Melbourne.
There seems to be an inherent weakness in this lockdown model . I don't have the answer.
With the Delta variants contagiousness this is a problem.
Could we have a total lockdown for 5 days, like 5 Easter Fridays in a row, would it make a difference.?
I would be keen to try it. Imagine the toilet paper fights!
A few days ago i remembered the old North / South of the Yarra social divide.
Irrelevant now but I thought would the Yarra be a georgraphic divide that could be policed to effectively halve the city? If we could ring the whole urban sprawl with zero leakage last year why couldn't manning the bridges over the river work?

On workers, last week there were 20 tradesmen cars outside a new house around the corner from me. It's lock up stage so everyone was inside. Not sure if that meets the rules but seems a little incongruous. I raised it with my local ALP member but I think as construction is an essential service they are prepared to take the risk. Not everyone is an HR executive who can work in her yoga pants on a chaise lounge in leafy Camberwell.