Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Rumor going around Twitter that Gladbags is going to actually do something... *passes out*

A few saying she will lockdown the state for 7 days from this evening, even though she didn't say any such thing in her usual morning presser word salad sandwich of pointlessness.

Will be interesting to see if it happens, which is bloody should!

466 cases !! :oops:

Let me break that down for you because Glady's didn't give the whole story i think she said of course some are under investigation but didn't give the number:

Total: 466

76 Fully Isolated
19 Partially Isolated
68 In community
303 Under Investigation:eek:

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
So this *** egomaniac has finally … finally …decided to shut the state of NSW down.

Well done Berejiklian. Genius.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users
Even in Vic we only have a partial lockdown and it is not working well enough at present.
Essential workers are anybody who works in a food or drink outlet anywhere..not to mention tradies etc.
So the issue I see at present is people from Melbournes West (where this outbreak originated) can take covid to anywhere in Melbourne they work ie a counter attendant,clenar, security or any form of employment at a bakery, cafe, fruit and veg, butcher,bottle shop...you name it.
Meaning there is no practical lockdown at all for thousands upon thousands of people. Others, including myself, cannot go 5 ks or see anyone, or doing anything other than dig holes in the backyard.
So there is absolutely nothing other than a mask stopping covid transmission around anyone who works in any form of food or drink industry, anywhere in Melbourne, no matter where you live. Hence it appears the cases in Chadstone and South Melbourne.
There seems to be an inherent weakness in this lockdown model . I don't have the answer.
With the Delta variants contagiousness this is a problem.
Could we have a total lockdown for 5 days, like 5 Easter Fridays in a row, would it make a difference.?
I would be keen to try it. Imagine the toilet paper fights!

Last edited:
So this *** egomaniac has finally … finally …decided to shut the state of NSW down.

Well done Berejiklian. Genius.
Had respect for her initially how she handled the previous covoid outbreaks. Was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt too to try to manage it as she did the previous times before the Delta variant. But when you see after a number of weeks later, previous methods arent working she should have gone harder, change tact. Unreal. yeah well said !

here is some notification

Did she announce it herself, or just drop a press release?

it first trickled out on Nationals members facebook pages,

then Barilaro announced it, saying 'to protect the regions from the Sydney Covid situation, we are locking down regional NSW'

no *smile*.

its a complete circus.

Bending that curve down will take three months.

yeah, im gonna buy some little baby turkeys off the internet and spend the rest of the year shepherding them around and fattening them up.

Anyone know how long cranberries take to grow?

what a *smile* debacle.

anyone who ever votes for LNP again is either incredibly dumb, or just a *smile*.

the corrupt, self-serving bunch of hillbilly *smile* should all be locked up for crimes against humanity and the planet.

Reactions: 2 users
Said many times the virus doesn't give a crap about politics. Honestly what did they think would happen? What a complete balls up.

She's been constantly trying to distance herself from what we did in VIC but has now pretty much fallen into line with what we did in VIC. She just did it way too late, and she will lock down the state now for a lot longer than needed and will likely kill more people than should have occurred, because of what, agreeing that what a labor govt did was right? Geez, she's a shocker.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Even in Vic we only have a partial lockdown and it is not working well enough at present.
Essential workers are anybody who works in a food or drink outlet anywhere..not to mention tradies etc.
So the issue I see at present is people from Melbournes West (where this outbreak originated) can take covid to anywhere in Melbourne they work ie a counter attendant,clenar, security or any form of employment at a bakery, cafe, fruit and veg, butcher,bottle shop...you name it.
Meaning there is no practical lockdown at all for thousands upon thousands of people. Others, including myself, cannot go 5 ks or see anyone, or doing anything other than dig holes in the backyard.
So there is absolutely nothing other than a mask stopping covid transmission around anyone who works in any form of food or drink industry, anywhere in Melbourne, no matter where you live. Hence it appears the cases in Chadstone and South Melbourne.
There seems to be an inherent weakness in this lockdown model . I don't have the answer.
With the Delta variants contagiousness this is a problem.
Could we have a total lockdown for 5 days, like 5 Easter Fridays in a row, would it make a difference.?
I would be keen to try it. Imagine the toilet paper fights!
I've got a good mate who lives in HK. He always laughs at our lockdowns and all the exceptions. He reckons that the lockdowns over there are for real. Everything's shut and the streets are empty. We are all the victims of 'half-measures' at the moment I'm afraid.

Reactions: 2 users
National issues need a bi partisan approach. Multiple leadership failures from both parties.

It’s not whether it’s labour or LNP it’s a product of our political system with a 3 year cycle and swing votes being held by a fringe pack of lunatics that the have an oversized say in what actually happens. The PM can’t even denounce Covid lies being spread in parliament because the dude will take his vote away.

Unless you get a party with a huge majority that wants to act in the long term interest of the nation, then this *smile* will just repeat, albeit on different issues.

Not sure we are getting a different political system so buckle in.

Reactions: 4 users
I've got a good mate who lives in HK. He always laughs at our lockdowns and all the exceptions. He reckons that the lockdowns over there are for real. Everything's shut and the streets are empty. We are all the victims of 'half-measures' at the moment I'm afraid.

agree.

people dont even fight over toilet paper anymore.

Listening to Gladys earlier today, she admitted things will continue like this until NSW reach a 70% vaccination rate (which she predicted after October).

Locking down the whole of NSW is welcome, albeit very late. There are 51 active cases in Dubbo/Western NSW as of today. Those numbers must be climbing quickly if she made the call to lockdown. That region of Australia has probably had very little COVID to deal with and compliance to restrictions is almost certainly low.

Pretty appalling Gladys announced this via media release. Apparently regional NSW aren't important enough to deserve a press conference.

When did Andrews call for a ring of steel around Sydney? 2-3 weeks ago? Sometimes you just wish politicians weren't so partisan and bloody minded to ignore common sense advice.

As for Victoria, this Glenroy West school outbreak is causing us problems. 15 of 21 cases today linked to that. But on the positive, we have only had 4 exposure sites added today so far (we have been averaging 50 per day), so hopefully that's a good sign.

Is there an international award for statements that don't age well ?

gladys.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users