Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

At what point can the federal government step in and relieve Gladys of her post? The NSW leadership is clearly not up to the task.

On the other hand she and her arrogant crew deserve to stay and be engraved in the annals of infamy.

It's not a crisis of ineffective leadership until Peta Credlin and Rachel Baxendale start attending Gladys's pressers and fire gotcha questions for 45mins solid.

What's the longest time a Gladys presser has gone for? It seems question time is 5 to 10mins max.

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure but should Ignorance be a fail safe? Do you think most would have some basic knowledge of what behaviours are risky and what aren’t? Do you think most people should understand you shouldn’t be visiting family/friends and if you do limit the time spent up close indoors? That the more shops and places you visit the higher at risk you place yourself? Do you need the government to tell you to limit that behaviour?
I suppose as Baloo points out it may be a bit of a natural cull coming up, if you actively choose to not get vaccinated or choose to put yourself at risk by making unnecessary movements you will have to wear the consequences.
You’ve changed the argument to spreading the virus around, and I see your point. But until you have lived as part of those communities, you’re only theorising.

The original point was about vaccine hesitancy and I commented that not having the correct up to date information in your native language could be a part of the hesitancy.

No mystery cases.

Meanwhile NSW up to 350 390 cases.

It's about to go exponential.

Don't see Vic numbers as anything to be excited about, The Age saying Victoria still have 8 mystery cases.
Also our testing numbers, (33,000 only), are appalling, still way too much complacency in VIC.

We’ve got big problems in Victoria.

We’ve got too many cases not being in isolation and we’ve got too many mystery cases. Is that an indication of breaches of the lockdown ?

Certainly the adherence to lockdown requirements and things like masks etc is stupidly weak to my untrained eye and incredibly frustrating.

I’m not sure we’re getting out of this without sufficient vaccination. I notice Andrews and Sutton have been dropping the odd statement to maybe indicate that and are starting to manage our expectations perhaps.

Don't see Vic numbers as anything to be excited about, The Age saying Victoria still have 8 mystery cases.
Also our testing numbers, (33,000 only), are appalling, still way too much complacency in VIC.

Sorry, NSW up to 466 cases today, was looking at yesterday.

Yeah we still aren't out of the woods yet.

Still got a bottle up your arse over that? What part of 'tongue-in-cheek' didn't you understand?

Everytime I think about those rumours and how hard you invested in them I get a laugh out of it. One of your biggest mis-steps, except of course "vaccination is a low-priority for Australia", which you'll never live down.

Given Andrews was flayed by the Murdoch press and Sky, sending attack dogs like Credlin down to - well, to do not that much in the end - how do you think he's got a soft ride? Then contrast that to the absolute clusterphark in NSW and the Murdoch treatment of that, including nothing from Credlin or Sky.

One of your biggest mis-steps, except of course "vaccination is a low-priority for Australia", which you'll never live down.
There's still no rush until they set a date. And they can't set a date until vaccinations rise. It's a classic catch-22.

They will need either inducements or legal enforcement to get to an effective level. Carrot or stick.

It's not a crisis of ineffective leadership until Peta Credlin and Rachel Baxendale start attending Gladys's pressers and fire gotcha questions for 45mins solid.

What's the longest time a Gladys presser has gone for? It seems question time is 5 to 10mins max.

Throw in that Julia whatshername from SkyNews and you have the holy trinity.

How's Gladys "harshest restrictions ever" in NSW going.

It must have been really hard for her to have to tell her electorate that they can't go to their holiday homes anymore, or even tell the rest of Sydney that they needed to stay within 5km's of their homes, or even offering up some money to get people to stay at home whilst they await their test results.

Everything she has just brought in (Friday night) to "tighten" the already "harshest lockdown in Australia" have ALL been operating in VIC's lockdowns since last year. Can she seriously believe that no-one see's through the outright lies that she states.

I can't believe they went 6-7 weeks through this, complaining about people spreading covid at the workplaces, but hadn't provided the payment that VIC brought in last year to ensure that when people have tested and awaiting test results. Was a massive no brainer and again Gladys has to fall eventually into the, "ok, we'll copy what VIC did" model. She's been dragged kicking and screaming to the point where they basically have the same rules as what VIC has. I wonder what would have happened if she'd just done this from the start!! The arrogance of this woman, and refusal to copy a model that has worked is astounding.

How's Gladys "harshest restrictions ever" in NSW going.

It must have been really hard for her to have to tell her electorate that they can't go to their holiday homes anymore, or even tell the rest of Sydney that they needed to stay within 5km's of their homes, or even offering up some money to get people to stay at home whilst they await their test results.

Everything she has just brought in (Friday night) to "tighten" the already "harshest lockdown in Australia" have ALL been operating in VIC's lockdowns since last year. Can she seriously believe that no-one see's through the outright lies that she states.

I can't believe they went 6-7 weeks through this, complaining about people spreading covid at the workplaces, but hadn't provided the payment that VIC brought in last year to ensure that when people have tested and awaiting test results. Was a massive no brainer and again Gladys has to fall eventually into the, "ok, we'll copy what VIC did" model. She's been dragged kicking and screaming to the point where they basically have the same rules as what VIC has. I wonder what would have happened if she'd just done this from the start!! The arrogance of this woman, and refusal to copy a model that has worked is astounding.
Gladys is a deadset *smile* idiot.