Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

These flights to Melbourne are a clusterfuck waiting to happen. I'm almost at a point where we close the border to anyone who has been in a NSW red zone completely; no exemptions.

There is more information on what is now 2 positive cases from QF471 Sydney to Melbourne on Monday. Two women without a travel exemption somehow boarded the flight to Melbourne. They were thankfully picked up by the authorities when the flight landed and taken to hotel quarantine. They tested positive on Wednesday. There were 46 people on the flight travelling on some sort of exemption. 46!! All 46 people will required to quarantine at home for 14 days. What appears to be a bit murky is whether they would have been required to quarantine regardless. Which of course they should be; this sort of confusion just leads to more *smile* ups. Also there are still at least 8 flights a day into Melbourne out of an out of control Sydney red zone. W.T.F?????

These women are scum; right up there with the entitled *smile* that travelled from Sydney to Byron Bay. They have both been fined over $5K and after quarantine is up should be locked into the back of a secure van and driven back to Sydney straight to a lock up. And charged the price of that as well. WTF is wrong with these people? Who do they think they are?

The other problem is that border checks for Victoria are not done at the point of origin. The VIC authorities have requested this but for some reason it has been rejected. Thankfully the authorities were on the ball this time. However there are too many holes in this process and it is a disaster in waiting.

Just stop the *smile* flights from Sydney!!!
Fined $5k each, but who is paying for their two week stints in hotel quarantine now?

I have a 13 year old son who has an underlying health condition and we have been a bit stressed about him for over a year now. Luckily he's getting his first dose of pfizer tomorrow. The government okayed the use for his age last week. We just had a telehealth with our local doc on Wenesday and they booked him in two days later. So I guess that's something that the government has done that works well. Just a bit late.

Reactions: 11 users
I have a 13 year old son who has an underlying health condition and we have been a bit stressed about him for over a year now. Luckily he's getting his first dose of pfizer tomorrow. The government okayed the use for his age last week. We just had a telehealth with our local doc on Wenesday and they booked him in two days later. So I guess that's something that the government has done that works well. Just a bit late.
Good on you Loveshad baby. Responsible parenting and actions there. Hope it goes well for your young fella and that he’s well protected.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
People who don't speak/read english don't have up to date info about covid/vaccinations, so could account for some of those
So no I-phones, no kids interpreting basically ignorant to what’s been happening the last 18 months. That’s a fairly long bow IMO.

Last edited:
Looks like the Invermectin debate flared up again, I'm still waiting for a sensible answer as to why anyone would be touting a drug which has not shown any effectiveness against COVID and then starts spinning conspiracy theories which make Foucault's Pendulum look tame.

Anyway, interesting article in The Conversation about how most COVID deaths in the UK are now amongst the vaccinated, something to remember when the nutjobs come out after we are highly vaccinated and some people continue to get sick and a few die: https://theconversation.com/most-co...ated-heres-why-that-shouldnt-alarm-you-163671

Needless to say the mess in NSW is getting no better, Gulag Gladys seems to be incapable of taking the action necessary to actually get this under control.

DS

Front of the Q.

i see what you did there ;)

15 cases today, only 11 linked and only 8 in iso. Not looking great :(

bit of a mixed bag today. But I have learnt not to get stressed about it until they elaborate on the cases at the daily presser. For all we know, they all might have been in the community for a short period (ie. 1-2 days) and the unlinked cases might all be from the same family.

the biggest worry is the number of exposure sites. Over 400 now. but in a weird way its also a positive as 400 exposure sites listed in about 9 days tells us how good the contact tracing is.

Yeah on face value that is a bit disappointing. Very little chance of lockdown ending on Thursday. This is all getting quite depressing.

we have 6 days to reach 100% of cases in Iso during infectious period. Very achievable

we have 6 days to reach 100% of cases in Iso during infectious period. Very achievable
Maybe. But with the amount of *smile* getting around out there I have little faith.

Plus we are still bringing in 8 planes a day from Sydney. And according to Weimar not all (most but not all) have to quarantine for 14 days. Why the *smile* we are still allowing flights from Sydney beggars belief. There have been 6000 people arrive from Sydney since it has been declared an extreme red zone. There was an article yesterday that stated a woman from Sydney tried to get an exemption to come to Melbourne to care for her cancer stricken daughter; her application was rejected. So if someone like that can't get in who the hell is coming here. What compelling case did these other 6000 people have??

Clusterfuck.

So far no transmissions from the alledged Qanon antivax serbian nutjob who did a week with NO precautions while infected at massage parlours and restaurants in and around byron?

doesnt make much sense.

the looneys are gonna have a field day, and unfortunately if one is being objective, theyre entitled too

So far no transmissions from the alledged Qanon antivax serbian nutjob who did a week with NO precautions while infected at massage parlours
Now that’s a surprise, they definitely do things differently up there.

So no I-phones, no kids interpreting basically ignorant to what’s been happening the last 18 months. That’s a fairly long bow IMO.
yeah crazy people go to the official government websites for accurate info, they should go straight to google translate, or their kids.

Reactions: 1 user
So far no transmissions from the alledged Qanon antivax serbian nutjob who did a week with NO precautions while infected at massage parlours and restaurants in and around byron?

doesnt make much sense.

the looneys are gonna have a field day, and unfortunately if one is being objective, theyre entitled too
maybe the massage parlours were all outdoors?

as always it appears luck plays a bit part in who spreads it and who doesnt. all states have had examples of people being in the community whilst they should be infectious but no infecting anyone, while other cases have spread to people with very minimal contact.
that luck has played a big part in how some outbreaks have been quickly contained, while others have taken longer lockdown periods.

Reactions: 1 users

this is why states should lockdown outside the areas that already have cases when there are 1000s of infected people in a city.
it is a bit late to express fear and push for vaccinations now.

Reactions: 1 user
yeah crazy people go to the official government websites for accurate info, they should go straight to google translate, or their kids.
We should go back to the town crier days. Do it in 30 or 40 languages.