Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Merck probably just missed what the Chief Medical Officer for England found in this research article. Maybe they just forgot. It was 2010. A long time ago. Maybe the drug has become less safe since.

"The drug has proven to be safe. Doses up to 10 times the approved limit are well tolerated by healthy volunteers . Adverse reactions are few and usually mild.

Anty you are welcome to check up on the scholarship referenced in the article. I promise it wont burn you.

Those mystery cases from yesterday have been linked via genomic sequencing.

How do you prove luck Ian? Why can't you acknowledge they got it right then and have got it wrong now?

Dan never did nuffin wrong and Gladys never did nuffin right hey?

During our peak last winter, NSW 300 active cases and were on the brink of a massive outbreak. But for them, there were no super spreader events (like house parties) that led a massive outbreak, nor did it get into Aged Care like it did here. And they were able to run it down.

Then they had their outbreak over Xmas where they were way too slow to act. They had 78 cases in 3 days to begin with. They should have locked down metro Sydney straight away. If they did, it would have been over in 2 weeks instead of 6 weeks. But instead they only locked down the northern beaches and it extended to the western suburbs. This forced the other states to close their borders until the end of January.

Sure, they were able to run it down in the end, but now before it ruined the summer holidays of thousands of people.

Merck probably just missed what the Chief Medical Officer for England found in this research article. Maybe they just forgot. It was 2010. A long time ago. Maybe the drug has become less safe since.

"The drug has proven to be safe. Doses up to 10 times the approved limit are well tolerated by healthy volunteers . Adverse reactions are few and usually mild.

Anty you are welcome to check up on the scholarship referenced in the article. I promise it wont burn you.

Yes, that's all fine Lamby, we know that Ivermectin is reasonably safe and effective against parasitical infections.

What you and your conspiracy theorists are trying to say is that "ivermectin is safe - Merck said it wasn't safe, and they are lying about this because they want to profit from an alternative drug. Oh and by the way, here are all these great studies showing how good it is against Covid".

Merck actually said that there is no clear benefit from Ivermectin based on known studies against Covid, and that the studies cited had poor methodology regarding safety procedures and safety data management. Not that the drug itself isn't safe.

It's tiresome bro. Why not take this to a conspiracy theory sub-reddit where you'll find people who are super-interested and not overly concerned with facts.

Peace out. I wish you and your theory many hours of happy enjoyment.

Reactions: 1 user
I wonder if those who were putting Gladys on a pedestal while criticising everything Dictator Dan did are now rethinking their previous positions.

Gladys is mismanaging this so bad, so very very bad, that the previous "gold standard" claims have to be what many of us always believed they were, just dumb luck.
I’m still waiting for Peta Cretin to turn up at one of her press conferences

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Would like some answers on how NSW is getting so many doses in, compared to Victoria. NSW will be COVID normal end of October while we will be lucky to see our family by Christmas.

As someone who is stuck on the Central Coast I had a bit of a ring around this morning in the hope of bringing forward my getting vaccinated. Even with the extra doses being pumped into NSW Fed LNP (pretty sure I remember mentions of an extra 10,000, 50,000 and 180,000 doses for NSW), all of the Pfizer doses around here (via GPs and immunisation centres) have been allocated until late October/ early November.

My appt still stands for the 9th of Sept, two months from booking the earliest available.

To get back to the question (sorry about the rant), it has certainly felt like more doses of Pfizer have been allocated to NSW, enabling a wider range of people to get vaccinated.

Reactions: 1 users
To get back to the question (sorry about the rant), it has certainly felt like more doses of Pfizer have been allocated to NSW, enabling a wider range of people to get vaccinated.
Whilst I have no proof I also have no doubt that this is the case. The Prime Minister for Sydney in action yet again.

All the while Melbourne suffers another lockdown in no small part due to the Premier of NSW and the Prime Minister of Sydney :mad:

Reactions: 2 users
Good to hear Binman. So we now have only the 4 mystery cases from today that remain unlinked?
Essentially only 2 mystery cases, both in Glenroy. One case they are confident will be linked, leaving 3 unlinked. 2 of these 3 cases are in the same household, so effectively only 2 mystery infections, the other one would be linked as a household contact.

These flights to Melbourne are a clusterfuck waiting to happen. I'm almost at a point where we close the border to anyone who has been in a NSW red zone completely; no exemptions.

There is more information on what is now 2 positive cases from QF471 Sydney to Melbourne on Monday. Two women without a travel exemption somehow boarded the flight to Melbourne. They were thankfully picked up by the authorities when the flight landed and taken to hotel quarantine. They tested positive on Wednesday. There were 46 people on the flight travelling on some sort of exemption. 46!! All 46 people will required to quarantine at home for 14 days. What appears to be a bit murky is whether they would have been required to quarantine regardless. Which of course they should be; this sort of confusion just leads to more *smile* ups. Also there are still at least 8 flights a day into Melbourne out of an out of control Sydney red zone. W.T.F?????

These women are scum; right up there with the entitled *smile* that travelled from Sydney to Byron Bay. They have both been fined over $5K and after quarantine is up should be locked into the back of a secure van and driven back to Sydney straight to a lock up. And charged the price of that as well. WTF is wrong with these people? Who do they think they are?

The other problem is that border checks for Victoria are not done at the point of origin. The VIC authorities have requested this but for some reason it has been rejected. Thankfully the authorities were on the ball this time. However there are too many holes in this process and it is a disaster in waiting.

Just stop the *smile* flights from Sydney!!!

Reactions: 5 users
These flights to Melbourne are a clusterfuck waiting to happen. I'm almost at a point where we close the border to anyone who has been in a NSW red zone completely; no exemptions.

There is more information on what is now 2 positive cases from QF471 Sydney to Melbourne on Monday. Two women without a travel exemption somehow boarded the flight to Melbourne. They were thankfully picked up by the authorities when the flight landed and taken to hotel quarantine. They tested positive on Wednesday. There were 46 people on the flight travelling on some sort of exemption. 46!! All 46 people will required to quarantine at home for 14 days. What appears to be a bit murky is whether they would have been required to quarantine regardless. Which of course they should be; this sort of confusion just leads to more *smile* ups. Also there are still at least 8 flights a day into Melbourne out of an out of control Sydney red zone. W.T.F?????

These women are scum; right up there with the entitled *smile* that travelled from Sydney to Byron Bay. They have both been fined over $5K and after quarantine is up should be locked into the back of a secure van and driven back to Sydney straight to a lock up. And charged the price of that as well. WTF is wrong with these people? Who do they think they are?

The other problem is that border checks for Victoria are not done at the point of origin. The VIC authorities have requested this but for some reason it has been rejected. Thankfully the authorities were on the ball this time. However there are too many holes in this process and it is a disaster in waiting.

Just stop the *smile* flights from Sydney!!!
Just outrageous.

Whilst I have no proof I also have no doubt that this is the case. The Prime Minister for Sydney in action yet again.

All the while Melbourne suffers another lockdown in no small part due to the Premier of NSW and the Prime Minister of Sydney :mad:

There's an argument that the best thing for Australia is to prioritise vaccinations in NSW. The counter argument is that NSW should start getting serious about controlling the outbreak rather than pretending they are the world standard gold class of community covid suppression

There's an argument that the best thing for Australia is to prioritise vaccinations in NSW. The counter argument is that NSW should start getting serious about controlling the outbreak rather than pretending they are the world standard gold class of community covid suppression
The counter argument is the correct argument. They *smile* it they can deal with it. No way other states should fall behind even further in their vaccination schedules due to the arrogance and incompetence of Gladys and her team. Meanwhile we should completely shut the border to NSW; no exemptions.

The counter argument is the correct argument. They *smile* it they can deal with it. No way other states should fall behind even further in their vaccination schedules due to the arrogance and incompetence of Gladys and her team. Meanwhile we should completely shut the border to NSW; no exemptions.
Right Now.

Will that mean GWS forfeit?

Yes, that's all fine Lamby, we know that Ivermectin is reasonably safe and effective against parasitical infections.

What you and your conspiracy theorists are trying to say is that "ivermectin is safe - Merck said it wasn't safe, and they are lying about this because they want to profit from an alternative drug. Oh and by the way, here are all these great studies showing how good it is against Covid".

Merck actually said that there is no clear benefit from Ivermectin based on known studies against Covid, and that the studies cited had poor methodology regarding safety procedures and safety data management. Not that the drug itself isn't safe.

It's tiresome bro. Why not take this to a conspiracy theory sub-reddit where you'll find people who are super-interested and not overly concerned with facts.

Peace out. I wish you and your theory many hours of happy enjoyment.
Thanks Anty. happy to take a break. However It is a very strange place in Pleasantville you live in when questioning Merck's bona fides about safety issues is conspiratorial even though Merck has a known history (criminal) of lying about the safety of its own drug (Vioxx) You know the old profits before the health and wellbeing of its customers thingy.

Conversely critical care doctors in countries all over the world struggling to find a treatment to help victims of this terrible pandemic who test, trial and use repurposed medicines are the evil conspirators. You really are insulated from reality. White middle class privilege ?

Last edited:
Right Now.

Will that mean GWS forfeit?
They are in Melbourne already and have been for a while.

South Australia are getting a hard time in the press for making Olympians quarantine again when they get to SA, after they do 14 days in Sydney.
They probably shouldnt be flying in to Sydney unless they are going to stay there.