Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Berejiklian is, if she hasn’t already, going to cause unnecessary deaths in NSW and potentially the rest of the country. Now talking about easing restrictions at a 50% vaccination rate and not the National Cabinet agreed 70%.

Needs to be removed from office. Another wealth before health conservative.

Berejiklian has been giving health advice for the last few weeks to Chief Health Officer Dr Kerry Chant.

Reactions: 1 user
I wonder if those who were putting Gladys on a pedestal while criticising everything Dictator Dan did are now rethinking their previous positions.

Gladys is mismanaging this so bad, so very very bad, that the previous "gold standard" claims have to be what many of us always believed they were, just dumb luck.

Reactions: 2 users
How Hazzard has kept his job has got me beat, he showed his incompetence during the Ruby Princees fiasco.

And now he comes out with a statement like this.......unbelievable !!

"But Mr Hazzard said the premier was trying to give the community a sense of hope and drive up vaccination rates, and they were taking advice and would need to know more before easing public health orders.

The health minister disputed suggestions the government had not listened to the health advice regarding the "moving feast" that was the COVID-19 Delta strain outbreak.

He repeatedly reminded the committee the pair had volunteered their time and were not obliged to answer any questions."

I
Berejiklian is, if she hasn’t already, going to cause unnecessary deaths in NSW and potentially the rest of the country. Now talking about easing restrictions at a 50% vaccination rate and not the National Cabinet agreed 70%.

Needs to be removed from office. Another wealth before health conservative.

I hope she is only saying that as a carrot to get people vaccinated, lifting lockdowns is probably a better incentive than avoiding death.

Does that mean all the drugs were pretty much the same?
Used to hear stories that the doctors favoured was the pharma company that offered the best "conferences".
Yes pretty much they were all very similar.
It's funny but I can remember some pharmaceutical events I went to but never ever can I remember the product or company.
Doctors generally have no aliegage to any company or particular brand of drug, rather they want whatever appears to be best in producing a healing outcome. As soon as another product appears better they will switch.
In all honesty, pharmaceutical promoting of products was a complete pain and apart from the odd fun event ,nothing came of it.
Sadly, the educational meetings that were funded by companies, obviously to promote their product, were fantastic learning settings for rural doctors who could hear from experts in a field and network with others. This is the setting rural doctors would learn and remain up to date. Generally the product was not discussed at all, just the various management options.
Closing this has been to the detriment of rural patients.

Reactions: 1 users
Good morning. Another lovely day in paradise, How are we all coping with our Trump derangement syndrome?

I wonder if those who were putting Gladys on a pedestal while criticising everything Dictator Dan did are now rethinking their previous positions.

Gladys is mismanaging this so bad, so very very bad, that the previous "gold standard" claims have to be what many of us always believed they were, just dumb luck.
She should be judged on the outcomes. She's *smile* the current outbreak up royally and as suggested is putting the rest of the country in jeopardy. She should be jettisoned. Can't see how this can possibly help her re-election chances.

To say previous outbreak handling was dumb luck is just that - dumb. They had the best contact tracing system and were not dealing with delta. They managed it multiple times. They haven't adjusted for the different more contagious strain. Combine it with complacency in the population and you get the current clusterfuck.

Never surprises how the politically biased only see black and white and refuse to judge situations on merit.

Unfortunately I’ve seen some people spreading misinformation reference the Vaers website as facts.

Their disclaimers are pretty clear and strong. https://vaers.hhs.gov/data.html

Where's Anty and David to point out the Poynter Institute is partly funded by the Charles Koch Institute and the agenda of the Kochies is denying climate change, repealling Obamacare, dismantling unions, keeping corporate money in elections and fighting internet neutrality. Can we trust that organisation if it is associated with right wing nutjobs?
:eek:

Vaers reports associations not causation and yes the disclaimers on the quality of information are clear.

It begs the question though. Where do you find the definitive data on causation?

How do we feel about the Trusted News Initiative? Seems like a few on here would be big fans.

As I predicted, the University of Youtube.

Lambo, you still don't understand what safety data in drug trials is, and neither does this bozo.
You're right Anty. Merck wasn't trying to throw shade on its own drug's safety record because it had invested massively in a competing product. All pish posh and poppycock!

Also Merck never said this "We do not believe that the data available support the safety and efficacy of ivermectin beyond the doses and populations indicated in the regulatory agency-approved prescribing information"

Makes sense because why would Ivermectin work on Brazilians and Phillipinos if it was meant for Africans. Also I am sure that Merck was probably just unaware that the prophylaxis dose was identical to the prescribed dose recommended or peer reviewed studies showed Ivermectin was safe at 10 times the recommended dose. They are a busy lot down there at Merck making that anti viral the US government has agreed to pay $1.2 biillion for. They just don't get the time to keep up with the literature.

By the way you are welcome to address the facts I mention rather than avoiding them like the Wicked Witch of the West avoids water.

345 cases in NSW. 2 deaths. 34% in Iso during infectious period.

This is day 57 of the NSW outbreak. Victoria’s outbreak peaked at day 57 last year with 700. Then started dropping pretty quickly.

I think the media has softened a little towards Andrews… And so they should. What is happening in NSW is vindicating his decisions. There are also appears to be less trolls on social media, as they are quickly running out of ammunition. .

Although the Herald Scum still has a crack… they made a reference to 200 days in lockdown today after the 7 day extension on todays front page.

Also, the fact that NSW have largely escaped big outbreaks up until now has 100% been luck as opposed to good management. I have been arguing this for 12 months.

Reactions: 2 users
Also, the fact that NSW have largely escaped big outbreaks up until now has 100% been luck as opposed to good management. I have been arguing this for 12 months.
How do you prove luck Ian? Why can't you acknowledge they got it right then and have got it wrong now?

Dan never did nuffin wrong and Gladys never did nuffin right hey?

She should be judged on the outcomes. She's *smile* the current outbreak up royally and as suggested is putting the rest of the country in jeopardy. She should be jettisoned. Can't see how this can possibly help her re-election chances.

To say previous outbreak handling was dumb luck is just that - dumb. They had the best contact tracing system and were not dealing with delta. They managed it multiple times. They haven't adjusted for the different more contagious strain. Combine it with complacency in the population and you get the current clusterfuck.

Never surprises how the politically biased only see black and white and refuse to judge situations on merit.
Resorting to political bias to explain differing opinions to yours is weak.

If it was political there would be a pile on South Australia as well. But even when their *smile* up caused the last decent Vic meltdown, there's wasnt an over the top reaction.

Gladys got lucky earlier. You don't go from World Glass Gold to wet baby *smile* that quickly, no matter what side of politics she's from.

Reactions: 1 user