Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

NSW harshest lockdown? Just *smile*. Locking down different parts of Sydney with different rules is a recipe for confusion, Someone pointed out the other day that the rules change depending on which Local Government Area you live in and these change by the day. One day you are subject to strict rules while the next suburb isn't, the next day it is the other way around. Hard enough to keep up with if your first language is English let alone anyone else. Where is the curfew if this is the harshest lockdown? Why the hell are Bunnings and Officeworks open, and, are small hardware stores and office suppliers also allowed to open or is this privilege only allowed for very large, powerful, well connected companies?

As for the vaccine rollout, apart from the gross incompetence of the vaccine procurement, their promotion is complete rubbish (likely on purpose as they don't have the vaccines to give) so how about something a bit better:

Or just get that French ad and play it on TV, doesn't even need translation.

DS

Reactions: 1 user
Absolute trainwreck of a press conference. How do some of these people get such high ranking positions. Scary stuff.

did you watch Hazard on Saturday? it took him 6 minutes to announce the case numbers and another 6 minutes to announce the deaths. It was a laughable attempt at a soft blow. Pathetic.

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users
Gladys Berejiklian comments from 3 weeks ago when there was 111 new community cases................Well Gladys there's been thousands and thousands of cases since then.

"She defended the measures taken to curb the outbreak so far, saying they had prevented "thousands and thousands" of cases and the further restrictions were a "no-regrets policy".

• Angry
I shouldn't be but I am continually amazed that pollies like Gladys tell barefaced lies and seem to believe them.

Gladys is as close to an outright crooked politician you can get with all the other scandals but just keeps surviving or is barely challenged. We seem to be apathetic these days about crooked pollies because it is so common and there are so many of them. Cuomo in New York in the same boat,

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 4 users
I shouldn't be but I am continually amazed that pollies like Gladys tell barefaced lies and seem to believe them.

Gladys is as close to an outright crooked politician you can get with all the other scandals but just keeps surviving or is barely challenged. We seem to be apathetic these days about crooked pollies because it is so common

It comes back to the media not holding her to account.

Reactions: 1 users
Sorry, site rules state you can only publish a snippet from paid news sources.

Age - "And now the 2021 Census is upon us, the secularists are campaigning again. Last month, an opinion article by Humanists Australia CEO Heidi Nicholl urged Australians to mark the “no religion” box in the Census. This, she wrote, was in the interests of reducing funds to faith-based schools, chaplaincy programs and the like."

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/...but-spirituality-remains-20210805-p58g6r.html

HS - "There is a large campaign on social media to persuade people who don't regularly go to church to tick "no religion" instead of the faith they were brought up in and identify with."

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/n...y/news-story/c5cbb753e4d5d3cf09f372490857b08b
Your original post was that “they’re doing their best to wipe out Christianity in the census returns” or some such words. So who is the “they” you are referring to? Humanists Australia ?

Give me a break.

Whoever they are they can campaign for such things perfectly legally. You can bet the churches will be pushing for the opposite so they can keep their noses in the public funding trough.

Your original post was that “they’re doing their best to wipe out Christianity in the census returns” or some such words. So who is the “they” you are referring to? Humanists Australia ?

Give me a break.

Whoever they are they can campaign for such things perfectly legally. You can bet the churches will be pushing for the opposite so they can keep their noses in the public funding trough.
All part of the Marxist movement, but at least they didn't force us into lockdown. Hail Satan.

NSW are going for the 80% by end of October. Have some of our vaccinations gone to NSW? Or are we less accepting of AZ?

This is what I too would like to understand. I would love to know whether some of the Pfizer vaccines have been reallocated to NSW from the other states?

I do recall Scomo saying that this wouldn't happen but that their allocation would be "brought forward". If that is the case - surely those vaccines that are "brought forward" are actually coming from the other states' current allocations?? Its not like we have an excess of current supply?

Gladys is as close to an outright crooked politician you can get with all the other scandals but just keeps surviving or is barely challenged. We seem to be apathetic these days about crooked pollies because it is so common and there are so many of them. Cuomo in New York in the same boat,
Yeh I was a fan of the way they have handled previous outbreaks but she’s got this one very wrong. And as you say is lying about how they are handling it. Vic has shown there is only one way to do it properly. Hopefully we do it again. Add it to her dubious relationship and almost obvious corruption coming out now and it should be hard to see her surviving. Reality is she should be resigning now.

This is what I too would like to understand. I would love to know whether some of the Pfizer vaccines have been reallocated to NSW from the other states?

I do recall Scomo saying that this wouldn't happen but that their allocation would be "brought forward". If that is the case - surely those vaccines that are "brought forward" are actually coming from the other states' current allocations?? Its not like we have an excess of current supply?
The story is Pfizer sent us some early, so they have gone to NSW early.
Of course Morrison and co wouldnt lie about such things.

• Haha

I mentioned that this was her gameplan over a week ago, she would be petitioning the government to get her more vaccines.

Last week NSW said they have been "advanced" Pfizer vaccines amounting to 150,000. Commonwealth claims that all other states would have theirs accelerated too, QLD got 100,000, VIC got 50,000. Is our population 1 3rd of NSW's?? Not to my knowledge. Last week, it was either Andrews, Sutton or Weimar that mentioned this too, and estimated that we would get about 120,000 does, but we were given 50,000. Where did the 70,000 go? Were they what were provided to NSW?

Reactions: 1 users