Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

"HS - "There is a large campaign on social media"

So large that despite being connected to most social media platforms, the only place I've heard about this is on PRE.

It's like Trump's "people are saying". A way to introduce some culture wars into the public domain for *smile* political reasons.

Anyway, fair play to Lee, got the quadrella there - anti-Muslim, a weird Covid hot-take, defender of the faith (Christianity I guess, even if the aforementioned campaign is anti-religion in general) and "political correctness gone mad". Also Satanism, as if that shocks anyone these days.

Number a bit disappointing.
Still I'm glad we locked down quickly. We've still got a chance to get on top of it despite the case numbers today even if lockdown has to be extended.
Otherwise it would have swept through.I'll back the experts here to get it done.
NSW is quasi locked down almost 2 months now but have lost control & little chance of reigning it in before vax numbers get up.
At least we still have a chance..

Reactions: 1 user
Number a bit disappointing.
Still I'm glad we locked down quickly. We've still got a chance to get on top of it despite the case numbers today even if lockdown has to be extended.
Otherwise it would have swept through.I'll back the experts here to get it done.
NSW is quasi locked down almost 2 months now but have lost control & little chance of reigning it in before vax numbers get up.
At least we still have a chance..
Agree. Only 5 out of 20 in iso for their infectious period, coupled with all other preceding cases also not being in iso.

We will be in lockdown for some time yet.

Byron Bay Shire, Ballina, Lismore, Richmond Valley in lockdown for 7 days.
Here's the story: Male Anti-vaxxer / covid denier in 50s leaves locked down Sydney with 2 teenage sons. Drives around looking at real estate for more than a week with symptoms. Now very ill in hospital. He is refusing to say where he's been exactly and never used QR codes.
what do you do with this sort of scum ?

Is he in hospital? maybe discharge him and place him under house arrest with no medictaion.

“If anybody hasn’t actually read the principles of Satanism, they’re fantastic. They’re very sensible. They’re very secular, they’re liberal, progressive, all sorts of nice things. So, go Satanists,” Ms Doig said.

let’s compare the death count in the bible: its estimated that god killed between 2 million and 24 million. Satan’s death count stands at 10. :mhihi

on a more serious note, there has been a bit of a disinformation campaign from some corners of social media that are telling people that selecting "no religion" is an endorsement of Islam and/or the Christian right. It would appear religious nutters are doing everything they can to manipulate census data in their favour.

20 cases today, all linked, 5 in isolation for all their infectious period. Larger case numbers, but the trend of isolation is on the improve - 0/29 Sat, 0/11 Sun, 1/11 yesterday, 5/20 today - it's picking up.

it feels like a similar trajectory to the last 2 outbreaks with the percentage of people in Iso during infectious period is increasing daily. While this is a good thing and probably means we’ll reach 100% in around a week or so, all it takes is for 1 person to do the wrong thing and attend a superspreader event that can screw us all. But lockdowns do limit the opportunity for superspreader events to occur in the first place. We just need people to follow this rules and we’ll be out of this soon.

On the subject of boosters, I've read plenty on mixing the first dose of AZ with a second dose of Pfizer (and vice versa) and the benefits of doing so, but what about the mixing of boosters ? e.g. if you have 2 doses of AZ and then a booster of Pfizer or Moderna, is that advisable or not ?

i have heard the Moderna booster is good for people who had had the Pfizer vaccine. But I’m sure all of this will be communicated when booster shots become available next year

Anyway, fair play to Lee, got the quadrella there - anti-Muslim, a weird Covid hot-take, defender of the faith (Christianity I guess, even if the aforementioned campaign is anti-religion in general) and "political correctness gone mad". Also Satanism, as if that shocks anyone these days.

didnt manage to squeeze in a science assignment from a texan year 8 student stating that coal makes the planet cooler?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I really wish logic would be given a role in this pandemic

Re: nsw/qld border bubble in jeopardy after Byron lockdown.

so

1. Qld had 4 cases yesterday, NNSW (border zone) had 1.

2. Logically, isnt your border under more threat from covid before a lockdown, rather than after it?

Lickdowns, i can handle,

but Ive had way more than my fill of post- horse bolted gate shutting, politicing, sensationalist, illogical, leadership-devoid, bullcrap,

than i can handle

i have heard the Moderna booster is good for people who had had the Pfizer vaccine. But I’m sure all of this will be communicated when booster shots become available next year
We need to be talking about and preparing and planning for boosters NOW. We have a sufficient number in the population who have been fully vaccinated now (about 25%) for planning to be happening. Fat chance with this defective government though.

I was talking to a hematologist just before the lockdown and he was chronically critical of the federal government's roll out for a host of reasons, not the least of which was a plan around ongoing vaccination. He was saying that the UK is on track to start dispensing boosters before Christmas.

Where is the plan for early vaccinators here in Australia like health care workers, the aged etc who were fully vaccinated back in March ? Even if its considered you'll be covered for 12 months, where's the communication and strategy ???? Guess Morrison is struggling enough with first stage vaccination such that's all way beyond him.

Worst federal government and PM in our country's history. Couldn't organise the proverbial in a brewery.

@eZyT promoting lickdowns. Like this a lot.

were all in this together RE.

and we know its best to go hard and fast.

I havnt taken the decision to call this lickdown lightly.

Please note, its not a 'snap' lickdown. Far from it ive been considering it for nearly 20 years

Last edited:
We are a bit late on lickdowns.

NZ have been having snap lickdowns since the pandemic started.

Has the government organised our saliva boosting program? Don’t want a dry tongue in the house.

The anti-lickers can get *smile*.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
"HS - "There is a large campaign on social media"

So large that despite being connected to most social media platforms, the only place I've heard about this is on PRE.

The HUN making things up? Wow, who would have thought the Murdoch media would make things up . . .

On the subject of boosters, I've read plenty on mixing the first dose of AZ with a second dose of Pfizer (and vice versa) and the benefits of doing so, but what about the mixing of boosters ? e.g. if you have 2 doses of AZ and then a booster of Pfizer or Moderna, is that advisable or not ?

I suspect we are still finding out about this. Germany were doing 1 AZ jab followed by a Pfizer I think, and I'm pretty sure there are countries planning to do 2 AZ jabs and then follow it with a Pfizer or Moderna. I can see this being tried and we will have to wait and see what happens. It should work I would think, I can't see why it would be a problem.

DS

I suspect we are still finding out about this. Germany were doing 1 AZ jab followed by a Pfizer I think, and I'm pretty sure there are countries planning to do 2 AZ jabs and then follow it with a Pfizer or Moderna. I can see this being tried and we will have to wait and see what happens. It should work I would think, I can't see why it would be a problem.

DS
Well, AZ are working on, and soon to release V 1.1 apparently (maybe safer as well ?) so that will add to the interest.