Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

I tend to agree. Dr Turf always says that. However there’s some serious punters who go big on things like quaddies. The average dill throws their money away on them. However, you can improve your chances with quaddies if you follow a few rules.
What are the rules for quaddie glory?

I tend to agree. Dr Turf always says that. However there’s some serious punters who go big on things like quaddies. The average dill throws their money away on them. However, you can improve your chances with quaddies if you follow a few rules.
Do tell. I've rarely put on a quaddie but it'd be nice to win one.

Some people are pushing for all those people who dont actually practice their religion to mark no religion on the census, rather than ticking a box because their parents told them they were something when they were little. it is not an attack on Christianity, or any religion, rather an attempt to ensure the census shows accurate data.
Thanks

Yes , of course it could also be said that by encouraging people who haven’t been in a church for 20 years saying they are Anglican (or whatever) it is creating a false impression of how important religion is in Australia

Reactions: 1 user
Words from Byron Shire Mayor Michael Lyon about the anti -vaxx guy who doesn't believe in Covid but finds himself in hospital with it ...

"When it happens because someone is complacent or negligent it's unacceptable, it's worse than stupidity, when you just don't give a sh*t, that's next level for me."

the other fact that has emerged is that he left his Covid positive wife back in Sydney before heading north ..

Paywalled. Refuse to give money to Murdoch.
Sorry, site rules state you can only publish a snippet from paid news sources.

Age - "And now the 2021 Census is upon us, the secularists are campaigning again. Last month, an opinion article by Humanists Australia CEO Heidi Nicholl urged Australians to mark the “no religion” box in the Census. This, she wrote, was in the interests of reducing funds to faith-based schools, chaplaincy programs and the like."

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/...but-spirituality-remains-20210805-p58g6r.html

HS - "There is a large campaign on social media to persuade people who don't regularly go to church to tick "no religion" instead of the faith they were brought up in and identify with."

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/n...y/news-story/c5cbb753e4d5d3cf09f372490857b08b

Brought up in AND identify with

I was brought up with Christianity (brainwashed into ) but thankfully got educated. Do not identify with it or any other religion. I don’t tick that box now. I don’t subject my kids to religion if they want to explore it when they are older they have that choice.

Words from Byron Shire Mayor Michael Lyon about the anti -vaxx guy who doesn't believe in Covid but finds himself in hospital with it ...

"When it happens because someone is complacent or negligent it's unacceptable, it's worse than stupidity, when you just don't give a sh*t, that's next level for me."

the other fact that has emerged is that he left his Covid positive wife back in Sydney before heading north ..
Yeh they really shouldn’t be treating him. Let him beat it on his own.

Brought up in AND identify with

I was brought up with Christianity (brainwashed into ) but thankfully got educated. Do not identify with it or any other religion. I don’t tick that box now. I don’t subject my kids to religion if they want to explore it when they are older they have that choice.

It’s probably for the religion thread but I doubt there are many folks who start with no religion or a particular religion and end up with a different one. Sure there are plenty of stories like yours now when this choice isn’t meant with death or ostracism.

Quaddies are better than all ups. There is only one deduction. A 4 leg all up means you get whacked a deduction 4 times. Bookies love multis.

So, there's a large campaign for people to be honest when answering the religion question on the census, I really can't see a problem. Does anyone seriously think the churches/mosques/temples etc are not sending their feelers out to make sure people list their religion on the census?

In any case, this is the COVID thread so that's not really the topic for here.

In brighter news, 12 weeks does eventually pass and this Friday I have an appointment to get my second jab of AZ - woohoo I'll be fully vaccinated. Figure there will probably be a booster later, most likely sometime next year once the vaccines ordered late by the incompetents in Canberra finally arrive in numbers.

DS

Reactions: 2 users
20 cases today, all linked, 5 in isolation for all their infectious period. Larger case numbers, but the trend of isolation is on the improve - 0/29 Sat, 0/11 Sun, 1/11 yesterday, 5/20 today - it's picking up.

So, there's a large campaign for people to be honest when answering the religion question on the census, I really can't see a problem. Does anyone seriously think the churches/mosques/temples etc are not sending their feelers out to make sure people list their religion on the census?

"HS - "There is a large campaign on social media"

So large that despite being connected to most social media platforms, the only place I've heard about this is on PRE.

I see Leigh Sales is back. Does that mean we can expect her to turn up at Gladys' presser with her own cameraman and microphone?

In any case, this is the COVID thread so that's not really the topic for here.

In brighter news, 12 weeks does eventually pass and this Friday I have an appointment to get my second jab of AZ - woohoo I'll be fully vaccinated. Figure there will probably be a booster later, most likely sometime next year once the vaccines ordered late by the incompetents in Canberra finally arrive in numbers.

DS
On the subject of boosters, I've read plenty on mixing the first dose of AZ with a second dose of Pfizer (and vice versa) and the benefits of doing so, but what about the mixing of boosters ? e.g. if you have 2 doses of AZ and then a booster of Pfizer or Moderna, is that advisable or not ?

Glass half full there.
I'm more on the half empty side.

Extension will likely be 5 or 7 days.
Yeah I think we've had around 70 positive cases that have been in the community since Friday. No way this ends on Thursday; not a chance in hell.

Reported here today
I can answer 3 and 4.

3. There is no acceptable time. Any time is fine. Think of it like being on holidays.

4. Only spuds go to a TAB -unless you’re really old and smelly and like to sit around in an old and smelly TAB with your old and smelly mates arguing about who should buy a packet of “Samboys” for the group.

Get a corporate account.
What about the 10% in Venue Multiplier . Oh well you miss out .

What about the 10% in Venue Multiplier . Oh well you miss out .
Big deal. Offset by any amount of bonus bets, increased odds powerplays, money backs etc etc etc offered by all corporates - and without having to go to a stinky venue. All of which I might point out are factored into the price anyway. Nobody's getting anything for free.

Last edited: