Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Regional Victoria being pulled out of lockdown tomorrow ?
So far every exposure site is in the western and north western suburbs; with the exception of 3 sites in Yallambie in north east. I don't expect that to be the case going forward but it is interesting that 4 days into the latest outbreak the cases are confined to predominantly one half of metro Melbourne.

So far every exposure site is in the western and north western suburbs; with the exception of 3 sites in Yallambie in north east. I don't expect that to be the case going forward but it is interesting that 4 days into the latest outbreak the cases are confined to predominantly one half of metro Melbourne.
i reckon that is how all outbreaks start- in one geographical area then, then they jump to another and another. it just takes one person from the south, or a regional centre to have been in the wrong place at the wrong time- the hospital say, for that leap to happen.

i reckon that is how all outbreaks start- in one geographical area then, then they jump to another and another. it just takes one person from the south, or a regional centre to have been in the wrong place at the wrong time- the hospital say, for that leap to happen.
Yes but this is the first outbreak that I can recall that has not leapt out of the originating area in the first few days. The last one that started with the removalists was basically everywhere from day one of discovery.

Anyway it's just an observation but it would be great if it was contained as it is now. Unlikely I know.

283 in NSW today, lots of testing which is good, but the number of new cases just seems to hang around at the same level.

DS

Yes but this is the first outbreak that I can recall that has not leapt out of the originating area in the first few days. The last one that started with the removalists was basically everywhere from day one of discovery.

Anyway it's just an observation but it would be great if it was contained as it is now. Unlikely I know.
True, the restrictions that remained in place would certainly have helped limit the initial spread.
and luck will play a big part in how far it did spread in the days leading up to the positive test.

Guy at work mentioned that the teacher from the school in Hoppers Crossing, had just returned from OS, with exemption religious reasons, was supposed to home isolate, having been excused from quarantine, but went to work. Infecting staff & students, then her exposed husband went to the footy club. This is basically where this stemmed from.

Fines or other punishments likely?

Guy at works Mrs, works at the covid testing centre in Melbourne, usually has the scoop on these things.

If Saturday's 315 is the peak then numbers should reduce steadily. Victoria took six weeks to get back from high 200's to single figures.
Not sure if Saturday was the peak- numbers have hovered around that high 200s low 300s for a few days. their 7 days average is still rising though.

Guy at work mentioned that the teacher from the school in Hoppers Crossing, had just returned from OS, with exemption religious reasons, was supposed to home isolate, having been excused from quarantine, but went to work. Infecting staff & students, then her exposed husband went to the footy club. This is basically where this stemmed from.

Guy at works Mrs, works at the covid testing centre in Melbourne, usually has the scoop on these things.
If this is true it is a *smile* disgrace and the Vic authorities need to be held to serious account for this. Religious exemption?? *smile* off. Hotel quarantine exemption after returning from overseas? Surely not??? And then she rubs it in by refusing to abide by her pathetic restrictions anyway.

If true this would be a clusterfuck of the highest order and anyone involved should be sacked or forced to resign immediately. And the spreader should be arrested for deliberately endangering public health.

But of course everyone will tip toe around it and walk on egg shells as we can't be seen to be offending anyone in Victoria; even *smile* arseholes.

Reactions: 5 users
NSW have passed the 11,000 mark with 5447 cases so far this outbreak. so they have basically doubled their total cases in 54 days.

283 in NSW today, lots of testing which is good, but the number of new cases just seems to hang around at the same level.

Their testing numbers are huge because some demographics have to have a test every 3 days, especially workers in those south west LGA’s

If Saturday's 315 is the peak then numbers should reduce steadily. Victoria took six weeks to get back from high 200's to single figures.

yeah they have not reached their peak. in the past week they have averaged 37% in iso during their infectious period. they haven't had a day over 50% since july 19. their 14 day average is 230.

FYI, Victoria went from 202 to single figures in 28 days. we went from the peak of 700 to double figures in 19 days.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Meanwhile they're doing their best to stamp out Christianity on census returns. Hooray for multiculturalism.

maybe give these sort or rumours a rest until something solid is reported so people don't go off half cocked.

1. The school in Hoppers Crossing is a special care school where I think a student had tested positive for COVID. It's a Tier 2 exposure site

2. The teacher was from a school in Truganina. It has not yet been proven that they were the first acquisition in this outbeak, indicating there may be a downstream source:

Mr Weimar said there were cases from the Hobsons Bay cluster who "look like they have an earlier acquisition period than the first two cases that we reported".

edit: Dan has said today that genomic testing confirms that the current outbreak is linked to the Sydney outbreak. So not OS

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
The one thing we do know is that these outbreaks generally start by people breaking restrictions and doing the wrong thing. The removalists from Sydney. The person who returned from Sydney and was supposed to be isolating in Craigieburn but decided it was a good idea to go to Coles. The person in May who was coughing and spluttering all over Melbourne for a week but didn't get tested and isolate. It goes on and on. This time last year it was mass family gatherings (that were banned) which included security guards from hotel quarantine that caused the second wave. Now a year later family gatherings (again banned) that have seeded this latest outbreak.

Yet there are no consequences of these actions for these people; but they lockdown 6.5 million people. Yet Andrews is up on his podium again today threatening fines to anyone who breaks the restrictions. If you are going to break the restrictions make sure you actually spread the virus as then you won't have to worry about any consequences.:rolleyes:

Absolute insanity.