Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

don’t know how anyone could think huge case numbers and deaths would further their career?

You don't see their spin.

Delta - Its this new variant, no-one has seen it before, no-one has controlled it. Only NSW has it and its hard to stop. Ie. don't blame her, she's doing as good as they can.

She wants NSW to be vaccinated before everyone else, as she has repeatedly said, this is their 1 and only lockdown, hence why I don't think she wants to fully suppress it, as she can say, see I told you this from the start. 1 lockdown, vaccinate your way out of it, its the only way.

I get you seem to love Gladys and hate Dan, but this is the spin coming out of NSW at the moment. We've known about this variant for 10 months, but even their health officers are saying, its new, only been known about for a couple of months (which funnily enough seems to coincide with when NSW's outbreak started), which is a downright lie.

Reactions: 1 users
321 in NSW. Gladys going for the record.
Still a long way behind Dictator Dan
He was up in the high 700,s last year
And people still think Dan is doing a good job . Lockdown no 6 . Will be 9 by Xmas

And people still think Dan is doing a good job . Lockdown no 6 . Will be 9 by Xmas

You realise overseas have been in lockdowns much longer right? UK was in a 10-11 month lockdown. Suppression is the only way out of this at the moment (having some level of non-lockdown periods) because the vaccines are not accessible in the volumes that we require them.

I'm sure you and all the "Dictator Dan" enthusiasts know this.

Let me ask you, what would you be doing now if you were Dan? Let it rip or lockdown?

Reactions: 1 users
Context always important. Had a much longer time to get *smile* in place and already had gold standard contract tracing. Both clusterfucks.

Reactions: 1 user
You realise overseas have been in lockdowns much longer right? UK was in a 10-11 month lockdown. Suppression is the only way out of this at the moment (having some level of non-lockdown periods) because the vaccines are not accessible in the volumes that we require them.

I'm sure you and all the "Dictator Dan" enthusiasts know this.

Let me ask you, what would you be doing now if you were Dan? Let it rip or lockdown?
Resigning as he is incompetent !! Lost his memory at his own enquiry . Enough of his rubbish . ! Seriously you will be lockdown until Christmas

Resigning as he is incompetent !! Lost his memory at his own enquiry . Enough of his rubbish . ! Seriously you will be lockdown until Christmas

That didn't answer my question.

If you are so against lockdown. WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING WITH THE CASES?

Its fine if you don't want to answer, but if you can't answer, then you are no better than the opposition in Michael O'Brien who all he does is criticise. You are exactly the same.

Andrews doesn't do these lockdowns for popularity, he does it because he feels he needs to, to control the virus whilst we have no vaccines. Ultimately the lockdowns are the fault of the federal government, I seem to have missed where you call for Scomo to resign and that he is incompetent.

Geez I'm not even a labor voter.

Reactions: 2 users
That didn't answer my question.

If you are so against lockdown. WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING WITH THE CASES?

Its fine if you don't want to answer, but if you can't answer, then you are no better than the opposition in Michael O'Brien who all he does is criticise. You are exactly the same.

Andrews doesn't do these lockdowns for popularity, he does it because he feels he needs to, to control the virus whilst we have no vaccines. Ultimately the lockdowns are the fault of the federal government, I seem to have missed where you call for Scomo to resign and that he is incompetent.

Geez I'm not even a labor voter.
I am neither left or right
I have taken the political bias out of it , unlike most bias comments on this topic on here
Protect the elderly and those vulnerable which neither state or federal governments have done , FACT
My 94yo mother is in aged care and only had one jab but know plenty who are 50 younger who have had 2 jabs . Figure that out .
Stop the scaremongering and points scoring by the state governments. This country is well and truely split . Each states have totally different rules . I moved from Melbourne to the GC in April . Why ? I knew this would happen. It’s paradise up here even with the lock downs . The Government Rules here are totally different , totally ! . The white elephant in the room in Victoria involves the finishing of the recent Eid celebration. State Governments are to scared both in NSW and Victoria as they don’t want to be racist . No coincidence that it was 12 months to the date last year that Victoria got out of control , and guess what , it’s happening again
Look after the elderly and the vulnerable
But you have to live life
Both NSW and Vic Governments are totally incompetent. Fact
Someone needs to take politics out of the equation. Both state and federal levels

bit of racism coming out today (not on here) on other channels.

i do get some of it, sadly.

Some communties pleading ignorance to the covid fact.

Will Astra-Z even be accepted in 2022 by various countries?

ANd is it true, Pfizer has changed its name?

Be careful all.

if its 30 plus new cases tomorrow (big chance) lockdown will likely be extended.
keep positive everyone.

Reactions: 1 user
So, we should protect the vulnerable?

There have been a few young folk getting very ill with the latest version of the virus, can't remember but wasn't there a death in their 30s?

So, who exactly is not vulnerable? Plus, if we allow some, supposedly less vulnerable, to keep roaming around, visiting, parties etc - won't they just spread the virus amongst everyone?

Until the vaccine supplies are adequate and quarantine is in facilities designed for quarantine, then lockdown appears to be the only way unless someone has a better solution which is effective.

DS

Yes, I see in the last 2 hours, some media are already going with Lockdown Extension imminent for Vic.
Not surprising.