Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

The decision was taken very quickly because of contact tracing.
When this base case was detected, because of the nature of the movements of the infected person the number of contacts that had to be contact traced was huge and with the potential unlimited movements of people it was considered very dangerous.
Until the contact tracing is done they have no idea where the potential spread was to. It could be one suburb or area of Melbourne but it could also be in regional Victoria.
The decision to lock the whole state down was because of what they didn’t know. If it turns out there were no primary or secondary contacts who needed to be isolated in regional Victoria that’s great but the government will be criticised for locking down the whole state.
i would hate to be making these decisions
Im in regional victoria, and as much as i hoped it would only be Melbourne, the reality is Covid can spread so quickly, and the people were possibly infectious about 1 week ago. it doesnt take long for someone to travel out of Melbourne. There is probably a fair chance their are kids and teachers from the school who live in regional victoria.

I would hope/assume if there are no cases in regional victoria over the next week then lockdown might only apply to Melbourne moving forward.

Reactions: 4 users
Wildride...that has been happening, some communities more than others it has to be said.
But all in Vic/Nsw aren't listening properly.

Last edited:
Meanwhile where I am we're reaching 80% vaccinated and the plans are in place to open up. The phases to normality are planned and there is a distinct difference in what you can or can't do depending on whether you are vaccinated or not. Kids under 12 and those who have a medical certificate excluding them from vaccination are in a halfway house where they can enjoy the greater freedoms, but only with members of the same household.

This is the bit I found interesting from the government announcement:

This is when the economy will be further opened up, with more social activities and even travel able to take place. But in doing so, we must be mentally prepared for the number of cases and deaths to rise

Basically calling a return to normality, but to remember that doesn't mean we've beaten the virus and it will still cause havoc.

Reactions: 2 users
Is that their fault? Kids pick it up from school take it home. Bang.

The schools were locked down a couple of days ago, its my assumption that not being in ISO means they haven't been isolating since the schools were locked down.

Having said that I'm just venting a bit because this is all so tiring and frustrating.

Reactions: 3 users
29. None in iso.

We are going back into lockdown for weeks. A disaster. And the reality is it’s just going to keep on happening over and over and over.

Get this **** country vaccinated.

I find this huge news. I think our unfair dismissal laws will be tested a lot if not essential workers are being forced to vaccinated and if you don’t your sacked if you attend the work environment.

I don’t mind SPC’ stance as that is an essential service and it would be extremely hard to social distance.

And where do you draw the line? Do staff have to check in third party contractors are vaccinated? We have to consider our positions on this as it will be upon as by the end of the year on mass.

dont have to sack anyone. You just cant come to work and get paid, until your safe to do so

my son got sacked on a minesite for opening a cardboard box with a stanley knife because theres a no tolerance policy to knives.

workers get drug tested all the time. Impinging personal freedoms to smoke meth whilst drive a 100 tonne crane.

a surgeon is forced to sit in boring as *smile* lectures for a decade before she can attend the office.

The notion of freedom in this society is *smile*. People want to be free, but also rich and safe, in control, have more agency than black people, be healthy and educated, have access to welfare.

they have no problem scanning their rewards card at Woolworths, but dont want a vaccine passport.

get *smile* freedom fighters. *smile* weak, deluded, self absorbed, *smile*

Reactions: 5 users
The schools were locked down a couple of days ago, its my assumption that not being in ISO means they haven't been isolating since the schools were locked down.

Having said that I'm just venting a bit because this is all so tiring and frustrating.
I feel exactly the same way Ian. We actually don't know why this has happened so quickly so best not to speculate. Regardless of how the result is the same & it is exhausting.

no, it means none were in isolation when they contracted the virus.
at the start of an outbreak no one will be in isolation. in theory as the outbreak goes on a more and more people who catch it will be in isolation and it will stop spreading. that is what worked for us last time. and what has not worked for NSW at all.

29 is obviously a big jump. hopefully it is because extensive testing has caught most people who already have it. there will continue to be household spread in the next few days, but hopefully the number of people in the community whilst contagious can drop quickly.

Seems to always start in either the Northern or Western suburbs of Melbourne. Unbelievable.

Muslim families tend to be a fair bit larger than anglo ones. So I guess we will get bigger numbers this time given that all household members seem to get the Delta strain. It's really the number of affected households that's important though.

Seems to always start in either the Northern or Western suburbs of Melbourne. Unbelievable.

i think its because people in affluent suburbs have done very nicely all their lives by following the rules,

whereas people in The Hood,

havnt.