Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Australian Medical Association president Omar Khorshid believes the government made the right call to invest in two international vaccines: Pfizer and Novax, alongside two locally manufactured in the AstraZeneca and the University of Queensland’s the molecular clamp vaccine, which failed during clinical trials.

“Even with the benefit of hindsight, it was a pretty good and considered decision,” Dr Khorshid said.

Wow, this is complete *smile*.

If we had invested in two international vaccines, Pfizer and Novax, we would currently have supplies of these vaccines and would be happily vaccinating our population and planning to open our borders.

Yes, it would have been a good decision to invest in 4 vaccines - the 2 that could be made here and the 2 which could be ordered from overseas.

The problem with the statement above is that it is a lie. We did not invest in Pfizer and Novax. If we had done so, we would not be waiting for them now.

DS

You can be as model as you like, but there are still no guarantees. the best way to reduce the chance you will get Covid, to reduce the chance you will get seriously ill if you do get it, and to reduce the chance of contributing to a lockdown by spreading the disease is by get vaccinated.
I've survived 15 months without getting or giving it and am banking on being able to do so for another 15 if need be.

#BREAKING: Sydney's CBD and three other LGAs will go into lockdown for at least the next week after NSW recorded 22 new Covid cases. Everyone living or working in Woollahra, Waverley, Randwick and the city of Sydney are subject to stay-at-home orders.

Glays doesn't have it in her to say the "L" word.

Wow, this is complete *smile*.

If we had invested in two international vaccines, Pfizer and Novax, we would currently have supplies of these vaccines and would be happily vaccinating our population and planning to open our borders.

Yes, it would have been a good decision to invest in 4 vaccines - the 2 that could be made here and the 2 which could be ordered from overseas.

The problem with the statement above is that it is a lie. We did not invest in Pfizer and Novax. If we had done so, we would not be waiting for them now.

DS

They did invest in 4, but it was really poorly done. They bought what 5m doses of Pfizer, 50m odd of Novavax and something similar of AZ.

If they had properly weighted the acquisition of the 4 as opposed to flooding a few of them, and only buying a token few of others then we would be in a much better position.

Whilst they claim this is down to nationalism blah blah blah, this is bulldust. They made the wrong call.

Risk mitigation is not about getting the optimal pricing, its a balancing act being upside and downside, hence companies that hedge commodities / currencies don't do this to maximise profits, its about minimising risks and the government got this all wrong.

Just think, they ordered 55m pfizer / novavax (5m / 50m). We'd be in a much better position had that been 27.5m each which is proper risk mitigation. Using 2 but buying 90% of your total from 1 is really poor risk mitigation which is why we find ourselves in the position that we do now.

Five minutes post-shot and I feel perfectly 10000010011111011111010101011001001010101010

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I've survived 15 months without getting or giving it and am banking on being able to do so for another 15 if need be.
Can't argue with that logic. In fact I'm with you now. Vaccines are a low priority, after all anyone who has gone 15 months without catching Covid can surely go another 15.
In fact if we expand that logic world wide Covid should cease to exist in the very near future.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Back in the day I shared an office with a pack-a-day smoker.
When asked if he ever worried about lung cancer, his answer was that he had been smoking for 30 years, felt fine, didn't have cancer, and just didn't anticipate that he would ever get it.

Brett Sutton now saying that it's "possible" the man who brought the virus from Sydney worked at the Dry Cleaner whilst awaiting his test result. I read that as code for he "definitely" worked whilst awaiting his test result. No way Sutton would even mention it otherwise. If he wasn't sure he'd say nothing or if asked the question he'd say he didn't know.

If it is true as I suspect then this clown should have the book thrown at him. Not only was he awaiting a test result but we know he was very symptomatic as that is the reason he got the test in the first place.
Wasn't everyone praising him and his employer just a few pages ago? Old Henry said they did everything right, we wearing masks, sanitising etc If they were so compliant with the rules wtf did he allow his employee to be at work whilst awaiting a test result?? Methinks he overstated his compliance with the rules.

People are *smile* the sooner we all learn that and take responsibility for our own actions the better.

Reactions: 1 user
Meanwhile one of my best friends lives in New York, this weekend he is Vegas. Back to normal for him within the USA. He is not prepared to come home until Australia has no hotel quarantine.

Hitting Vegas in November for the WSOP. Should be a ripper.

Can't argue with that logic. In fact I'm with you now. Vaccines are a low priority, after all anyone who has gone 15 months without catching Covid can surely go another 15.
In fact if we expand that logic world wide Covid should cease to exist in the very near future.
Mind your own business and keep your vaccinated asymptomatic untested arse clear.

Mind your own business and keep your vaccinated asymptomatic untested arse clear.
Sorry, i thought we were engaged in an intellectual conversation. If i didnt know better I would think you resort to aggression and insults when you know your "logic" doesnt stand up to scrutiny.

Sorry, i thought we were engaged in an intellectual conversation. If i didnt know better I would think you resort to aggression and insults when you know your "logic" doesnt stand up to scrutiny.
Nobody's stopping anyone from rushing off to get their vaccine like it was the latest fashion accessory. It obviously wasn't your missus who died from blood clots. You lot incessantly p!ss and moan about the botched rollout but you've all managed to obtain your precious drugs without too much trouble. Enjoy your moral high ground.

Last edited:
Nobody's stopping anyone from rushing off to get their vaccine like it was the latest fashion accessory. It obviously wasn't your missus who died from blood clots. Enjoy your moral high ground.
No, my "missus" is 1 of the 99.99993% of the population who hasnt died from the vaccine. Also fortunately no one in my family is one of the 1000 or so Aussies that have died from Covid, or 1 of the (insert figure here) who have lost their jobs due to shut downs.

Getting the vaccine is not about getting a fashion accessory. it is about helping keep everyone safe. and helping everyone return to a bit more normalcy.

Reactions: 1 user
Precisely what I've said throughout.

I don't believe it will be a snap decision, it will be an announcement with a month's notice at absolute minimum, and rolled out in graduated stages. Whereupon I will get jabbed with the best vaccine available at the time...
And delay the opening up of the country for the rest of us because instead of being 50% vaccinated by then we will be less because of the stragglers

And delay the opening up of the country for the rest of us because instead of being 50% vaccinated by then we will be less because of the stragglers
You're deluded if you think they're going to open the doors at 50%.

Mid-2022. What part of it don't you understand?

Obwobgm.jpg

Last edited: