Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Nsw’s turn for a rush on vaccines.
Beat me to it, haha.

The up take on Vaxes will be interesting over the next few weeks.

If NSW is successful dealing it with their methods, I wonder if that too will impact it to minimise the uptake.

Pfizer and Moderna vaccines now linked to extremely rare cases of heart inflammation. Oh no! Are we gonna shelve them as well???

Maybe we should all start drinking Dettol.

Reactions: 1 users
a mate who lives near Sydney, says 9 of 10 have masks on but its a regular Saturday morning.

presser in 5mins.

NSW premier is not leading.

NSW has been very lucky to date. Not sure they've made the call early enough.

Melbourne lockdowns

16/3/20 - 37 daily cases - state of emergency/restrictions 76 days
7/7/20 - 163 daily cases - lockdown 111 days
12/2/21 - 5 daily cases - lockdown 4 days
27/5/21 - 12 daily cases - lockdown 14 days

Reactions: 1 user
You'll keep.

Oh look, Pfizer and Moderna have associated risks too. Guess you have to wait for the next gen vaccine now.

Reuters: FDA adds warning about rare heart inflammation to Pfizer, Moderna COVID shots.

NSW as a vaccination laggard is really behind the eightball now. Let's hope this lockdown is effective.

Silver lining is that maybe ScoMo and the Feds start taking the vax rollout more seriously. Immunisation is the only way out if we want normal lives again.

Oh look, Pfizer and Moderna have associated risks too. Guess you have to wait for the next gen vaccine now.

Reuters: FDA adds warning about rare heart inflammation to Pfizer, Moderna COVID shots.
Drugs produce side effects. I'm shocked to be sitting here.

Mostly blokes under 30, so doesn't apply to me. At least they're not dropping dead.

Reactions: 1 user
All vaccines have a small level of risk, but, without vaccines we would still have smallpox.

The only way out is vaccination, and that means everybody.

Doesn't take many being selfish and saying that it'll be ok if I don't have the vaccine, because where there is one person saying this, there will be thousands, and suddenly, the vaccination rate is simply too low.

DS

Reactions: 2 users
Drugs produce side effects. I'm shocked to be sitting here.

Mostly blokes under 30, so doesn't apply to me. At least they're not dropping dead.

2 people dead in Australia from clots I think so far. Unlikely to happen again now they know what it is and how to treat it one hopes.

Still, it's becoming clearer and clearer even to the most ideologically obtuse of us that vaccination is the way to go for Australia and the faster the better eh Lee?

2 people dead in Australia from clots I think so far. Unlikely to happen again now they know what it is and how to treat it one hopes.

Still, it's becoming clearer and clearer even to the most ideologically obtuse of us that vaccination is the way to go for Australia and the faster the better eh Lee?
How odd that knowledge about the vaccines should emerge over time. Doctors can now provide people in the affected demographic with important information that could affect their choice.

Vaccination is an essential step. All in good time.

NSW as a vaccination laggard is really behind the eightball now. Let's hope this lockdown is effective.

Silver lining is that maybe ScoMo and the Feds start taking the vax rollout more seriously. Immunisation is the only way out if we want normal lives again.
You'd imagine vac rates will increase in NSW as well.

Scomo better make sure we have the supplies.

Reactions: 1 users
How odd that knowledge about the vaccines should emerge over time. Doctors can now provide people in the affected demographic with important information that could affect their choice.

Vaccination is an essential step. All in good time.

Not odd at all, we are running a global experiment right now, and the early signs are very very good.
We could wait the ten years for all the long term data to come in before, but fortunately for us even SloMo knows that's way too long.

Last edited:
Lucky the internet wasn't around in the first half of the century as the world would still be rife with polio, measles, tetanus, rubella, whooping cough and chicken pox to name a few.

Reactions: 7 users