Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Suggest you take a look at the split.
There's 180 Victorian Government run aged care facilities in total across the state. 18 (10%) in total in 3000 and 3100 postcode zones. 90% outside those zones.

Even more reason why the Feds should be held to account for not changing the staffing structure. They did nothing to reduce the risk unfortunately in the federally controlled facilities.

Even more reason why the Feds should be held to account for not changing the staffing structure. They did nothing to reduce the risk unfortunately in the federally controlled facilities.
Too true. More about money than anything.

Reactions: 1 users
The security firms were Dan's doing. Mikakos alluded to it, others know it.
They actually weren’t.
What is very clear is that the decision was made in the bureaucracy somewhere but what is at issue is who knew and when.

I’m not saying it wasn’t a mistake but we now have the benefit of hindsight. No one was thinking that the decision about security guards in hotel quarantine would be the catalyst for a 2nd wave at that time.
Suggest you take a look at the split.
There's 180 Victorian Government run aged care facilities in total across the state. 18 (10%) in total in 3000 and 3100 postcode zones. 90% outside those zones.
I do actually work in the sector Althom.

Three facts you should know
1. There were tiny numbers of infections in Public residential aged care in Melbourne. About 15 from memory.
2. These public hospitals were the ones who had to take over the private residential aged care facilities in Melbourne that had rampant infection rates. They were supplanted by

3.The reason they had to do that was because the standards of infection control, the level and number of qualified nursing staff and the training of all staff was massively lower in the private facilties.

You can pull any data you like but that facts are in Melbourne COVID was a massive problem in private residential aged care and it wasn’t in the public run facilities. To try and deny that because more are rural is denying the facts, there are plenty who are not.

This is a commonwealth responsibility

They actually weren’t.
What is very clear is that the decision was made in the bureaucracy somewhere but what is at issue is who knew and when.

I’m not saying it wasn’t a mistake but we now have the benefit of hindsight. No one was thinking that the decision about security guards in hotel quarantine would be the catalyst for a 2nd wave at that time.

They've had six months to get their story straight. If you believe a control freak like Andrews had no oversight of this decision then you deserve this shitty government. I don't.

By simply disowning it, the inquiry trails off into the ether. A whitewash.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
They've had six months to get their story straight. If you believe a control freak like Andrews had no oversight of this decision then you deserve this shitty government. I don't.

By simply disowning it, the inquiry trails off into the ether. A whitewash.
He didn’t. You are wrong.
If you read my posts over a long period of time I am no apologist for Andrews but you are wrong.
The problem after it was clear that security caused problems was that it was obvious then that the decision seemed to have been made as a matter of course, in the bureaucracy. It wasn’t a political decision.
Believe what you want but you are off the mark here.

• Haha
So no evidence whatsoever then
According to the evidence presented to the enquiry the decision was made between VICPOL, the Emergency Management Commissioner Andrew Crisp and the Department of the Premier & Cabinet.

Reactions: 2 users
He didn’t. You are wrong.
If you read my posts over a long period of time I am no apologist for Andrews but you are wrong.
The problem after it was clear that security caused problems was that it was obvious then that the decision seemed to have been made as a matter of course, in the bureaucracy. It wasn’t a political decision.
Believe what you want but you are off the mark here.

Sombody had to say no to the ADF and yes to security. It can't be put down to "the bureaucracy". That's totally unacceptable.

I give credence to the story I heard a couple of months ago that Andrews gave the work to security firms to benefit a friend from his private school days. That should've come out at any inquiry worth its salt.

If Andrews says he doesn't know who made the decision, how can the inquiry ever arrive at that point?

Andrews rendered the whole thing ineffective with a single lie.

What's that got to do with your demand that the inquiry was only worth its salt if it brought up this odd rumour you heard?

What's that got to do with your demand that the inquiry was only worth its salt if it brought up this odd rumour you heard?

Heard a rumour, Dan didn't confirm it, must be lying. Why? Because Lee "gives credence" to this rumour. What's more, he got everyone who was part of this process and knew about it - which would be a lot of people if it were true - to lie about it to the inquiry.

Heard a rumour, Dan didn't confirm it, must be lying. Why? Because Lee "gives credence" to this rumour. What's more, he got everyone who was part of this process and knew about it - which would be a lot of people if it were true - to lie about it to the inquiry.

I don't believe he doesn't *smile* know, alright? It's absurd for the Premier to get up and say that. Cause for dismissal.

He reigns in fear, people are afraid to speak the truth (refer Mikakos). It's an unhealthy government that has had its day and needs to end.

"He is a tyrant. He is a dictator with a capital D.I.C.K. He doesn’t care about anybody but himself… Jenny knows he lied."

- anonymous Labor MP

Last edited:
I don't believe he doesn't *smile* know, alright? It's absurd for the Premier to get up and say that. Cause for dismissal.

He reigns in fear, people are afraid to speak the truth (refer Mikakos). It's an unhealthy government that has had its day and needs to end.

"He is a tyrant. He is a dictator with a capital D.I.C.K. He doesn’t care about anybody but himself… Jenny knows he lied."

- anonymous Labor MP

Like I said, no evidence, and throwing a hissy fit doesn't provide us with any.

Like I said, no evidence, and throwing a hissy fit doesn't provide us with any.

Put it this way, otherwise-reasonable people are starting to talk crazy sh!t. And if they're saying it, the real crazies are saying it and worse. I can't support extremism, but Dan might need to get out of town.

Reactions: 1 user
Put it this way, otherwise-reasonable people are starting to talk crazy sh!t. And if they're saying it, the real crazies are saying it and worse. I can't support extremism, but Dan might need to get out of town.

I guess if some reasonable people are talking crazy sh!t then it's case closed. He's clearly guilty.

Aah the conspiracy theories are coming out now. Of course Dan is a dictator, yeah right.

Dan is a politician, unless you are ruthless you don't get to the top. This is what concentration of power does, it makes people ruthless.

As for the fiasco of hotel quarantine - the people returning from overseas should have self-isolated and we shouldn't have needed to put them up in hotels.

As for the hiring of the security guards, does anyone seriously expect the Premier to be involved in operational matters like this? Did Murdoch get booked for the News of the World illegalities? Did any bank CEO, or anyone in the banks, have to take any responsibility for the rips offs they perpetrated? Start booking Murdoch and the people who run the banks before asking that Dan take the blame for what was done by the bureaucracy, a bureaucracy he does not own unlike the likes of Murdoch.

DS

Reactions: 2 users
This article by Samantha Maiden is really good. Don't agree with some of her editorialising but it unpicks the decision making process pretty well - cut a long story short, VicPol didn't want to do it.

https://www.news.com.au/world/coron...t/news-story/68067f4af991a8dc15a962c5173a8283"

"And it’s clear enough from the questioning at the COVID-19 inquiry that the counsel assisting is probing a working theory that police kicked up a stink over the fact they didn’t want to babysit the travellers."

Sorry Lee, your evidence that Dan did a sneaky deal with a private school pal and managed to keep it secret from the public service, media and a judicial inquiry appears to be out of time.

According to the evidence presented to the enquiry the decision was made between VICPOL, the Emergency Management Commissioner Andrew Crisp and the Department of the Premier & Cabinet.

This is correct. No question the instructions came from the premiers office.
PS. ... I have no regard for ANY politicians and no political angle. Don't bother responding to me as I will ignore..sorry but my prerogative.
PPS.....The one thing I detest in politicians is dishonesty .

This is correct. No question the instructions came from the premiers office.
PS. ... I have no regard for ANY politicians and no political angle. Don't bother responding to me as I will ignore..sorry but my prerogative.
PPS.....The one thing I detest in politicians is dishonesty .

Try reading the full article.

Edit sorry missed your "no correspondence will be entered into" disclaimer