Chris Toce - National Recruiting Manager | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Chris Toce - National Recruiting Manager

So.
One needs pick who coincidentally may have gone right position taken wise.
And one classic out of the blue roll the dice.
I think going tall at both ends is smart. Frees us up to launch at mids all out in Nov.

Reactions: 9 users
Toce has a good eye for big men according to my Saints friend so hopefully he’s pulled two rippers out of the mix.

Reactions: 1 user
So.
One needs pick who coincidentally may have gone right position taken wise.
And one classic out of the blue roll the dice.
I think going tall at both ends is smart. Frees us up to launch at mids all out in Nov.
Don’t know about that. Who is the longer term replacement for Tom Lynch on our list?
Not sure it is Fawcett or Gray
I suspect at some point we are going to draft a high quality key forward or get a free agent or trade.

Reactions: 5 users
It wouldn’t surprise me if we are positioning to grab an elite mid and Faul in the national draft
alot can happen, if Baker goes, we will have 2 first rounders, plus may be 3 second rounders. trade 2 second rounders for another first. Pick the best available mids

When Toce took Phillipou there was nobody left. Worse than the 2004 draft.

alot can happen, if Baker goes, we will have 2 first rounders, plus may be 3 second rounders. trade 2 second rounders for another first. Pick the best available mids
3 1st rnds
Give 2 for king
keep the 3rd.
Our KP spine solved.
Miller
Gibcus
Balta
King

Some interesting MSD picks debuted today. A back and a forward who can relief ruck. Gibcus and Fawcett will be like new recruits next year too. Some interesting big men on the list means we don't have to reach for one at the national draft.

Reactions: 4 users
Some interesting MSD picks debuted today. A back and a forward who can relief ruck. Gibcus and Fawcett will be like new recruits next year too. Some interesting big men on the list means we don't have to reach for one at the national draft.
Tresize and Bauer looked assured too. Kosi was also OK. It's only a one game sample size but we have something to work on.

Reactions: 1 users
Naismith already had an ACL
Clarke already had an ACL
Le Fau did one with the VFL so drafted with an ACL

That’s 3 out of the 5 ACL’s as second timers.

There is a message here - don’t recruit ACL’s . There are exceptions like Max Gawn but unfortunately just too risky